Collecting Seneca Blue Lotus Emira on Friday

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been shadowing the forum for a while and have found it really useful.

I'm collecting my Emira on Friday, so decided to join!

I managed to pick up a cancelation a long time ago... I didn't get to spec the car as I was told it was locked in but the spec is as follows:
  • Senneca Blue
  • Black Pack
  • Black Alloys
  • Yellow Callipers
  • Alcantara interior
  • Alcantara steering wheel
I did a factory tour back in October and managed to see my car prior to it's PDI, I wasn't allowed to take any photos though...

I would thoroughly recommend the factory tour, it's fascinating and I learned lots about the car and how it's built which I feel will give me a better driving experience.

I currently have a Porsche 981 GTS PDK which I'm keeping. I couldn't get rid of it not knowing if the Emira would be better or worse.

I have never owned a Louts before but I love the looks of the the Emira and the interior is now on par with Porsche which is slightly dated in the GT4.

I will post some pics on collection and happy to answer any questions if I can.

Thanks for all the useful Forum posts,

Ben.
Is it from B&C? I saw a Blue customer car today when test driving!

OP
B

BS2022

Reaction score
Picked it up this morning from Lotus Silverstone and just gone to caffine and machine for lunch. Will post some quick pics and then do a proper post later 😃

Attachments

• 30447751-F59C-47BD-96FB-FB8933FA3BB6.jpeg
    30447751-F59C-47BD-96FB-FB8933FA3BB6.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 91614E32-7FE8-4F87-AE04-498027B65D0A.jpeg
    91614E32-7FE8-4F87-AE04-498027B65D0A.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 245
  • DFF2D606-CCDA-4B32-8757-07AAEB9FAD32.jpeg
    DFF2D606-CCDA-4B32-8757-07AAEB9FAD32.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 243

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked it up this morning from Lotus Silverstone and just gone to caffine and machine for lunch. Will post some quick pics and then do a proper post later 😃

Looks amazing! I can only imagine how excited you are.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been shadowing the forum for a while and have found it really useful.

I'm collecting my Emira on Friday, so decided to join!

I managed to pick up a cancelation a long time ago... I didn't get to spec the car as I was told it was locked in but the spec is as follows:
  • Senneca Blue
  • Black Pack
  • Black Alloys
  • Yellow Callipers
  • Alcantara interior
  • Alcantara steering wheel
I did a factory tour back in October and managed to see my car prior to it's PDI, I wasn't allowed to take any photos though...

I would thoroughly recommend the factory tour, it's fascinating and I learned lots about the car and how it's built which I feel will give me a better driving experience.

I currently have a Porsche 981 GTS PDK which I'm keeping. I couldn't get rid of it not knowing if the Emira would be better or worse.

I have never owned a Louts before but I love the looks of the the Emira and the interior is now on par with Porsche which is slightly dated in the GT4.

I will post some pics on collection and happy to answer any questions if I can.

Thanks for all the useful Forum posts,

Ben.
So unfair ;-) I have now been told I have to wait until September 2024!!!! WTF.... You have 2 cars and I dont have one.

OP
B

BS2022

Reaction score
Just got home before going out again to collect kids from school.

The car looks amazing and sounds great! Lots of people looking at the car which makes you feel a bit special. Seen lots of Porches on the road and they all look very similar.

Gear box was a bit stiff at first but smoother on the second drive, probably me as I'm used to auto.

I can confirm that there are some noises at low speeds with the gearbox as mentioned in other posts, however I was expecting these. I think this was the case with the Evora.

There were some issue's on pickup, I went over the car with a fine tooth comb... These include:

- Minor marks on all alloys (I'm guessing transport straps)
- There was a scratch on the bonnet near the air scoop which could only been seen in certain light
- There was a mark on the black pack front roof section at the front
- The roof lining on the drivers side was slightly dropped
- I looked out for the seal issue on the doors. Passengers side was fine but there was some crinkling on the drivers side (Not a major point for me) but I did raise it with the dealer.
- There was some panel misalignment also which I noticed
- My keys looked like they had been dropped as they had a chip on them!

All of the above was flagged with the dealer on collection and will be rectified ASAP.

Despite all these minor issues owning and driving the car significantly out weighs these issues.

I have a big smile on my face today.

The main thing on collection is to note all problems so that they will get rectified. It's like when you rent a car on holiday... I always make sure I photograph and check everything twice.

I wouldn't expect this experience on a Porsche, however this is one of the first cars and I was prepared for a snagging list. Also being a new model there are bound to be issues along the way.

On my first drive I got a small stone chip on the front bonnet, I was not interested in PPF, however will now get it done once the above issues are fixed when taking back to dealer. I was angry for about 5 minutes and then when I got back in the car the anger vanished.

The interior is great. I haven't played with the infotainment yet just listening to the sound of the car.

Will share more feedback the more miles I do.

Thanks,

Ben.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just got home before going out again to collect kids from school.

The car looks amazing and sounds great! Lots of people looking at the car which makes you feel a bit special. Seen lots of Porches on the road and they all look very similar.

Gear box was a bit stiff at first but smoother on the second drive, probably me as I'm used to auto.

I can confirm that there are some noises at low speeds with the gearbox as mentioned in other posts, however I was expecting these. I think this was the case with the Evora.

There were some issue's on pickup, I went over the car with a fine tooth comb... These include:

- Minor marks on all alloys (I'm guessing transport straps)
- There was a scratch on the bonnet near the air scoop which could only been seen in certain light
- There was a mark on the black pack front roof section at the front
- I looked out for the seal issue on the doors. Passengers side was fine but there was some crinkling on the drivers side (Not a major point for me) but I did raise it with the dealer.
- There was some panel misalignment also which I noticed
- My keys looked like they had been dropped as they had a chip on them!

All of the above was flagged with the dealer on collection and will be rectified ASAP.

Despite all these minor issues owning and driving the car significantly out weighs these issues.

I have a big smile on my face today.

The main thing on collection is to note all problems so that they will get rectified. It's like when you rent a car on holiday... I always make sure I photograph and check everything twice.

I wouldn't expect this experience on a Porsche, however this is one of the first cars and I was prepared for a snagging list. Also being a new model there are bound to be issues along the way.

On my first drive I got a small stone chip on the front bonnet, I was not interested in PPF, however will now get it done once the above issues are fixed when taking back to dealer. I was angry for about 5 minutes and then when I got back in the car the anger vanished.

The interior is great. I haven't played with the infotainment yet just listening to the sound of the car.

Will share more feedback the more miles I do.

Thanks,

Ben.
Hi did the dealer acknowledge the issues and were they going to feed them back to Lotus. My worry is what Lotus deem to be acceptable and what i deem to be acceptable may be poles apart ; not that I'm finicky

OP
B

BS2022

Reaction score
Hi did the dealer acknowledge the issues and were they going to feed them back to Lotus. My worry is what Lotus deem to be acceptable and what i deem to be acceptable may be poles apart ; not that I'm finicky

Yes they did, car was only delivered to them the day before my collection. I couldn’t blame them I filled in a collection form with them and they noted all my issues and sent photos etc back to lotus.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Ugh... I'll be pissed if my $100k car finally arrives after nearly 2 years of waiting and the Alcantara is sagging from the headliner. 🤦‍♂️

For the drivers

Reaction score
Ugh... I'll be pissed if my $100k car finally arrives after nearly 2 years of waiting and the Alcantara is sagging from the headliner. 🤦‍♂️
Have to say Seneca blue looks stunning with the gloss black wheels. Congratulations what a fantastic looking car and the weather gods where definitely on your side 👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! Looks fantastic and good that you had a decent day weather-wise for your first drives. I don't think I've read what suspension setup you specified?

Thanks also for the info about the handover process and joint agreement with the dealer on the snagging list. Hopefully that gives some reassurance to other people and will also happen with factory collection and home delivery. I know the home delivery folks have had a decent handover from a knowledgeable delivery crew, so it's not just drop the car and drive away.

I think you're being sensibly pragmatic that some of these issues are going to be present on very early cars and the key thing now is how Lotus and the dealer handle it. A number sound like they've happened in transit and hence important feedback to Lotus and BCA so they can adjust protection and loading/unloading procedures.

Look forward to reading more of your feedback as you put more miles on the car. Have fun!