Ceramic coating for wheels

KCDarkV

Reaction score
Anyone have a product they recommend? Preferably DIY. Two weeks in and the wheels/calipers are FILTHY with brake dust, so I'd love to coat them so they're easier to clean in the future. Thanks!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Gyeon Q2 Rim Quartz is my favorite. It's easy to apply. I pop the wheels off and wash them with iron wash, let them dry, then coat the face, inner spokes, and barrels with the rim Quartz. I usually do 2 coats all around plus the calipers. That stuff is really amazing. Makes cleaning the wheels and brakes a breeze. Brakes dust just sprays off with my pressure washer.

20230822_161727.jpg

OP
K

KCDarkV

Reaction score
Gyeon Q2 Rim Quartz is my favorite. It's easy to apply. I pop the wheels off and wash them with iron wash, let them dry, then coat the face, inner spokes, and barrels with the rim Quartz. I usually do 2 coats all around plus the calipers. That stuff is really amazing. Makes cleaning the wheels and brakes a breeze. Brakes dust just sprays off with my pressure washer.

View attachment 40248
Thanks and nice GTI! Sadly, my mk7.5 GTI has to go to keep the Emira. But that's life.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks and nice GTI! Sadly, my mk7.5 GTI has to go to keep the Emira. But that's life.

I always say GTIs are the best and most versatile daily drivers. A blast to drive around town and grab groceries with but also a very capable track car that can still get my heart racing. Plus they're fairly cheap to modify! I was lucky enough to keep mine, but it did get kicked out of the garage when the Lotus came home. 😉

I coated my GTI Neuspeeds and calipers too. 😎

20201119_143512-01.jpeg