• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Carbon engine surround

Travis88

Reaction score
Oh I totally agree with you, if you like the look of carbon fiber go for dipped or real carbon. My point was that nobody here should be attacking other members for not having real carbon fiber for accent pieces. There's also no weight reduction -- comparing the typical abs plastic cover piece to a single or double layer carbon fiber piece that's been gel coated or cleared -- and the carbon fiber usually ends up weighing the same or more.
I agree it shouldn't make much of a difference. I actually asked someone from Jogon Automotive who already made the carbon engine cover for the i4, they say it weighs around 1.78KG with two layers dry carbon fiber fabric and 2~3 clearcoats. I don't know how's that compared to the original piece, could be somewhat less? I think what it matters is that the real carbon gives the 3D look and you can see the fibers weaving pattern from different angles, it just looks a lot better under different lighting conditions.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
no_change.jpeg
no_change.jpeg

Please check the link for the detail:

Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Introducing the Aerie Performance Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, a revolutionary 1:1 replacement for your Emira i4 engine. Crafted with precision using TORAY Japan's premium ultra-lightweight pre-preg Twill weave carbon fiber, this engine cover sets new standards for performance and aesthetics.

Designed for intense use, the Aerie Performance Engine Cover utilizes a combination of carbon fiber and Kevlar carbon fiber optic on the backside, resulting in a reinforced structure that is exceptionally lightweight. The autoclaved composite construction ensures superior physical strength, making it highly resistant to heat even in the demanding conditions of the engine bay. In fact, it surpasses the capabilities of Lotus OEM carbon components in terms of weight reduction and heat resistance.

Installation is a breeze with the Aerie Performance Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover. The product is designed as a direct replacement, requiring no additional adjustments. Simply plug and play, and enjoy the enhanced performance and striking presence this engine cover brings to your vehicle.

Elevate your Emira i4 with the Aerie Performance Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - the perfect blend of lightweight design, exceptional heat resistance, and effortless installation. Experience the pinnacle of automotive craftsmanship and take your driving experience to new heights.

P.S Emira V6 carbon fiber engine cover will be available on early of December , we will keep you all post , thank you so much ❤️