Carbon Engine Surround / The Water Filler Cap

J600net

Reaction score
For those getting a carbon engine surround, are you doing anything with the washer filler cap?? 🤔

I'm going to pull the trigger on a carbon engine surround (example below) - but against the carbon, that washer cap looks a bit naff 😑👎

So wondered if anyone had plans to upgrade the standard one for something a bit more aesthetically pleasing 🤩

Ps. for those with carbon on order, did you go Aerie or Gregsraceparts ???

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1707671729078.jpg
    FB_IMG_1707671729078.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 146
1000019872.jpg

I got the @Aerie one. It looks and feels great (TK-421 agrees) but I do wish it had the dipstick flap. Still, but a big deal and very light.

If you find a filler lid I'm interested. I think I'd probably want matte CF like this to make it disappear inside as the only accent I want is the supercharger cover when I get that powdercoated.

View attachment 37035

I got the @Aerie one. It looks and feels great (TK-421 agrees) but I do wish it had the dipstick flap. Still, but a big deal and very light.

If you find a filler lid I'm interested. I think I'd probably want matte CF like this to make it disappear inside as the only accent I want is the supercharger cover when I get that powdercoated.
Was it easy enough to fit?

I'm thinking gloss twill - and was going to do the aerie group buy and then someone suggested gregsraceparts 🤔

Was it easy enough to fit?

I'm thinking gloss twill - and was going to do the aerie group buy and then someone suggested gregsraceparts 🤔
Greg's is on sale for less than Aerie at the moment if you missed the group buy.

I haven't fit mine yet because I have no car. Just a growing pile of parts. 😭

For those getting a carbon engine surround, are you doing anything with the washer filler cap?? 🤔

I'm going to pull the trigger on a carbon engine surround (example below) - but against the carbon, that washer cap looks a bit naff 😑👎

So wondered if anyone had plans to upgrade the standard one for something a bit more aesthetically pleasing 🤩

Ps. for those with carbon on order, did you go Aerie or Gregsraceparts ???
Great idea and I would even buy a nice alloy one if available from someone.

We plan to offer a nice replacement cap for the coolant reservoir!
Just need to take some measurements once our car arrives.
If anyone looking for carbon engine bay trims would like a shippign quote for international let us know.
We also always help out as much as possible on those pesky duties/taxes.

Fun fact, the Emira’s washer fluid reservoir cap is the same as a Deere’s tractor. 🙃

We plan to offer a nice replacement cap for the coolant reservoir!
Just need to take some measurements once our car arrives.
If anyone looking for carbon engine bay trims would like a shippign quote for international let us know.
We also always help out as much as possible on those pesky duties/taxes.

I know different marquee, but the satin chrome look woth black would tie perfectly to the black accents of the Emira all around…….
1707776669172.png

Fun fact, the Emira’s washer fluid reservoir cap is the same as a Deere’s tractor. 🙃

Great all we have to do is attend one of the performance tractor meets in Asda car park and check out the Deere bling options. 😂

Proud of my DIY replacement water cap filler - looks so much better than the plastic one!

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpeg
    IMG_2854.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2853.jpeg
    IMG_2853.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 80