Buzzy Blarp Sound when Engine Braking

It can’t be a ‘clutch replacement issue’ to fix. My clutch WAS about 8 WEEKS old when it started happening.
I know.

Too bad I let it slide with "doesn't happen if I don't cause it" and should've pursued it like every other problem. I think my chances of getting it covered now are very slim. There have been warranty clutch replacements before, so Lotus should know something. But they play very hard to get with the expensive stuff.

Just too simple to sweep it under the "driver error" and "wearing part" now.
The car is still driving fine, but since it starts to happen under lower load now the clutch might actually go early..
 
I’m not sure yet that this sound is a precursor to failure vs odd quirk.
 
I captured the noise. It’s often a lot louder. Seems like clutch vibration. May not be an issue functionally.

 
Mine didn’t do that for almost a year. Then it did it, under exactly the same conditions as in your video and it happened every now and then for about a month. Then it stopped and it hasn’t done it for over 7 months!
 
I've had it happen once, I suspect it's just clutch springs.
 
I captured the noise. It’s often a lot louder. Seems like clutch vibration. May not be an issue functionally.

View attachment 87216
this is the best recording I've seen so far. Always on non rev-matched downshift or far less common when slipping in reverse while parking
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top