• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Building momentum in (very) positive review

Interesting. Again, this seems to be down to inconsistencies in the suspension, though god knows how.

Of course, everybody feels thing differently, and what else you drive can alter the perception, but there does seem to be some bid differences felt out there.

As I said before, it would not surprise me now if there is a sports suspension car out there that feels the same as a touring setup car out there.
It's very unlikely the suspension setup varies wildly from one car to the next. There are noticeable differences between Touring and Sports, and between Goodyears and Cup 2s, and between under-pressure and over-pressure tyres. There could be some very minor differences in geometries that are still within tolerances.

Two cars both running Sports with Cup 2s and the same tyre pressures will handle almost identically. And differently from Touring.

I think your numbers are off. An Exige V6 is around 1160kg, or 1110kg for a Cup variant. Emira is about 1400kg. Evora GT410 Sport is around 1360kg.
I guess we were all right and wrong: I looked into it and my ex-Exige V6 number is 1251kg as measured when it got its license in NL.

Last edited:
And an Exige V6 has a completely different chassis to the Evora/Emira.
It has an Elise chassis with an Evora rear end.
The alu tubs are all identical in design. Same for Emira.

If they are identical how do you account for the fact that the Evora/Emira has rear seats/ storage space, for example.

The Exige V6 has an identical chassis to the Elise/Exige S2. I have owned all three.
The Evora/Emira is completely different. I have owned both.

The only thing in common is that they all have the same concept of a twin rail aluminium tub.
The actual design is different.

The alu tubs are all identical in design. Same for Emira.
No they are not. The Elise/Exige share a tub design (per generation, they changed over time), and the Evora had a different, much bigger one. The Emira tub is an evolution of the Evora tub.

Just because they are made using the same manufacturing process doesn't mean they are the same. They have completely different size, geometry, reinforcement, etc.

Reactions: KJD
I guess we were all right and wrong: I looked into it and my ex-Exige V6 number is 1251kg as measured when it got its license in NL.
That's almost 100kg high. Sounds like they measured it with a driver in the car, or they used the heaviest weight they had on file for an Exige variant.

What specific year and model is your Exige? This stuff is a matter of record per model.

Last edited:
My ex-Exige V6 number is 1251kg as measured when it got its license in NL.
No they are not. The Elise/Exige share a tub design (per generation, they changed over time), and the Evora had a different, much bigger one. The Emira tub is an evolution of the Evora tub.

Just because they are made using the same manufacturing process doesn't mean they are the same. They have completely different size, geometry, reinforcement, etc.
Thanks for clarifying. My mistake, you guys are right!