• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Building momentum in (very) positive review

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are people seeing the same trend?

Not pretending to have seen all the reviews / videos but it seems that actual owner and recent you tuber reviews are incredibly positive?
They were almost all positive when the reviews were done by non-assholes. Unfortunately a few UK publications learned the wrong lessons from observing Clarkson, and punched up their shitty attitude and "controversial take" quotient for outrage clicks. Bad journalism.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They were almost all positive when the reviews were done by non-assholes. Unfortunately a few UK publications learned the wrong lessons from observing Clarkson, and punched up their shitty attitude and "controversial take" quotient for outrage clicks. Bad journalism.
It’s possible that some things were changed after the first couple of less than stellar reviews

Reactions: DJS

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s possible that some things were changed after the first couple of less than stellar reviews
I mean considering that they were driving a few knackered development prototypes in various degrees of partial construction, I'd say you're right.

But if you're suggesting that they responded to the qualified language used in the teaser reviews by making big design changes to the car, effectively "rescuing" the car's dynamics due to the brilliant feedback of driving-expert journalists, I would very much disagree.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I mean considering that they were driving a few knackered development prototypes in various degrees of partial construction, I'd say you're right.

But if you're suggesting that they responded to the qualified language used in the teaser reviews by making big design changes to the car, effectively "rescuing" the car's dynamics due to the brilliant feedback of driving-expert journalists, I would very much disagree.
I don’t know anything for sure

But it would surprise me if a final production car given to those earlier reviewers didn’t get a more positive response. Even Harry mentioned that the final production car he received seemed to feel better than the earlier review car

Reactions: DJS

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

But it would surprise me if a final production car given to those earlier reviewers didn’t get a more positive response. Even Harry mentioned that the final production car he received seemed to feel better than the earlier review car
Just his run up the wet mountain in episode 5 shows the final product is nicely dialed in

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

No question! That's absolutely how development works. I'm just saying that they certainly didn't improve the car based on journalist feedback. People are just experiencing the car at earlier and later stages in development.

The tough part about automotive development processes is that it's very ineffective to just tinker on the car until it feels right and then try to work backwards. They make intentional design and configuration decisions at the start of a chain of dev production, that get implemented iteratively on successive development cars so they can be compared with measurements in testing. Lotus is very resource constrained, so my guess is that they made some retired development cars available to the journalists to be able to check that necessary marketing box without disrupting their existing (and extremely time critical) development flow.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No question! That's absolutely how development works. I'm just saying that they certainly didn't improve the car based on journalist feedback. People are just experiencing the car at earlier and later stages in development.

The tough part about automotive development processes is that it's very ineffective to just tinker on the car until it feels right and then try to work backwards. They make intentional design and configuration decisions at the start of a chain of dev production, that get implemented iteratively on successive development cars so they can be compared with measurements in testing. Lotus is very resource constrained, so my guess is that they made some retired development cars available to the journalists to be able to check that necessary marketing box without disrupting their existing (and extremely time critical) development flow.
So waiting 2 years to buy is smart, no?:cool:

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So waiting 2 years to buy is smart, no?:cool:
Considering the amount of time between our US deposits around Goodwood '21 and the expected initial delivery, no. I think the thing will be pretty well sorted by the time it gets here. 😎

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Truth is people are haters and like to be negative. It's unfathomable that anyone who enjoys driving wouldn't have a blast behind the wheel of an Emira. Not the type of person who's judgement you can trust...

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Truth is people are haters and like to be negative. It's unfathomable that anyone who enjoys driving wouldn't have a blast behind the wheel of an Emira. Not the type of person who's judgement you can trust...

Amazing to believe some people love a filet mignon, but hate lobster. Cannot imagine how anyone could enjoy Heineken beer, but say that they hate Guinness.

You are very close-minded and a bit insecure. Just because everyone doesn't gush and act a fanboy like you, doesn't mean it has to hurt your feelings, to the point of not being able to trust someone's judgement. I mean, why do you care about the opinions of random people on the Internet? If you love it great! You probably totally love your wife/girlfriend, I might think she's a trainwreck with no taste. Not everyone likes the same things, or has had the same experiences; that would make the world very dull. I cannot fathom buying a Mopar product, but you apparently love yours. So from now on maybe try to not get your panties in a wad so easily?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
On another note, I loved the Throttle House review and appreciate their opinions with cars. Makes me wish the car had worked out for me, but it didn't, doesn't mean anyone who still buys it is wrong. Maybe the final, GT edition (if it does happen) will do it for me.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Considering the amount of time between our US deposits around Goodwood '21 and the expected initial delivery, no. I think the thing will be pretty well sorted by the time it gets here. 😎
I think so too, just trying to keep up happy thoughts while I stash more mod money in the gun cabinet:)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
On another note, I loved the Throttle House review and appreciate their opinions with cars. Makes me wish the car had worked out for me, but it didn't, doesn't mean anyone who still buys it is wrong. Maybe the final, GT edition (if it does happen) will do it for me.
When’s your caddy coming?

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You are very close-minded and a bit insecure. Just because everyone doesn't gush and act a fanboy like you, doesn't mean it has to hurt your feelings, to the point of not being able to trust someone's judgement. I mean, why do you care about the opinions of random people on the Internet?

Only one of us sounds upset... Everyone's opinion isn't valid. As I said not everyones judgement can be trusted.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Only one of us sounds upset... Everyone's opinion isn't valid. As I said not everyones judgement can be trusted.
That's fine, then that means that your opinion is not valid in my viewpoint. You don't see me going around and taking every opportunity I can to complain that anybody who thinks the Emira is a good car obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, do you? Take a hint.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That's fine, then that means that your opinion is not valid in my viewpoint. You don't see me going around and taking every opportunity I can to complain that anybody who thinks the Emira is a good car obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, do you? Take a hint.
Hey, remember @TomE warned us. ✌️ ❤️ 🤗 😀