• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Building momentum in (very) positive review

Don't mind NicolasB, he's just very grouchy. Permanent state, it seems.

I enjoy the banter with Nick! When I get my Emira I'm driving to his neighborhood to show off and argue in person.
At least by the time you collect it you'll get an AARP discount on your insurance.

I found out that they're refreshing the lineup for 24, so I postponed my order until the new ones come out. In the meantime, I have my GT350R to keep me busy once the salt is off the roads.
I love the Emira but I’m a ok if it’s not your thing lol

Thing is, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone’s got one.

Are people seeing the same trend?

Not pretending to have seen all the reviews / videos but it seems that actual owner and recent you tuber reviews are incredibly positive?

I agree. I am curious if the Emira will be more of a unique car. Meaning it can be compared to rivals but it also is a strong standalone. Kind of like an original Dodge Viper and its rawness. The Emira's uniqueness is the combination of handling, road feel, looks, and price (I mean the price for the USD price hike. The new price hasn't really sunken in yet.) I believe people getting cars are appreciating this uniqueness IMO and it shows in reviews.

I think it is an instant classic and others will start to realise this over time as word of mouth talks about the car as other classics (Yaris GR, integrale, P1, )

My Emira seemed better from the off that the earlier car I drove at Hethel. it is actually getting better and better as we both dial in to each other. It comes alive when driven hard.

To own it is to love it. That is one thing Lotus got right - as they did with the Elise, Exige and Evora.

They were almost all positive when the reviews were done by non-assholes. Unfortunately a few UK publications learned the wrong lessons from observing Clarkson, and punched up their shitty attitude and "controversial take" quotient for outrage clicks. Bad journalism.
Did you actually drive the Emira? I did…and it was dissapointing given the expectations I had. Same for the journalist who got their hands on it first…their comments were spot on!

My former Exige V6 was fantastic and on par with my GT3…great car.

Emira…you have to reset expectations, when I drove it, I realised this is not the Lotus product that I was hoping and expecting for. It is not on par with the top list in the stable…. Its more like a Golf GTi, Yaris GR, BMW M2 with a much nicer beautiful skin wrapped around it.

Ever since the journo’s have adjusted expectations and when thats done, the Emira is just very very good. But not as good as I could have been….

I agree with the reset expectations bit.

It is NOT a GT3, GT4, Exige, Elise or even Evora.
Those people looking for, nee expecting, the above will definitely not GET the car.
It is a slower, heavier and less raw car. No argument.
For a short blast and track work, I too prefer an Exige.
The Emira is actually still cheaper than the 430 Lotus cars.

However, the Emira is WELL past being very good, well past excellent. For those who 'get' it, it is astounding. It is a better ROAD CAR then all mentioned and I suspect not too far away from some on a track in average hands as the traction is godly.

For those who want the rawness, walk away.

For those that remain, they will enjoy a gorgeous, better built (eventually!) Lotus with exemplary handling for a car that looks £200K.

It is of course down to personal taste and use.
Some will prefer a Suzuki jeep or Fiesta to an Exige or Emira. We just have to accept it. 🥴

Did you actually drive the Emira? I did…and it was dissapointing given the expectations I had. Same for the journalist who got their hands on it first…their comments were spot on!

My former Exige V6 was fantastic and on par with my GT3…great car.

Emira…you have to reset expectations, when I drove it, I realised this is not the Lotus product that I was hoping and expecting for. It is not on par with the top list in the stable…. Its more like a Golf GTi, Yaris GR, BMW M2 with a much nicer beautiful skin wrapped around it.

Ever since the journo’s have adjusted expectations and when thats done, the Emira is just very very good. But not as good as I could have been….
Yes I've driven it, and I disagree with you on any comparison to Golf, Yaris, etc. I think that's a bridge too far. It's also a substantial step up from M2, Supra, etc, though those are very competent cars in their own way.

It sounds like you may have had some really unrealistic expectations, particularly if you were benchmarking the GT3. If that's the case, what do you think was the source of those expectations?

Yes I've driven it, and I disagree with you on any comparison to Golf, Yaris, etc. I think that's a bridge too far. It's also a substantial step up from M2, Supra, etc, though those are very competent cars in their own way.

It sounds like you may have had some really unrealistic expectations, particularly if you were benchmarking the GT3. If that's the case, what do you think was the source of those expectations?
Simple…I owned a V6 Exige on nitron suspension and lighter forged wheels….it was bloody good both on street and track! One of the best cars I have ever owned. It thought Emira would be even better…wrong expectation! Exige sat in the garage next to a 991.2 Manual GT3…so could outright compare them.

My Emira will get modifications before delivery. Nitron suspension, lighter wheels, carbon bucket seats and 6point harnesses. Just my personal taste.

Love my Yaris GR as well…and from driving the Emira I found they are very similar…great easy driving cars.

Simple…I owned a V6 Exige on nitron suspension and lighter forged wheels….it was bloody good both on street and track! One of the best cars I have ever owned. It thought Emira would be even better…wrong expectation! Exige sat in the garage next to a 991.2 Manual GT3…so could outright compare them.

My Emira will get modifications before delivery. Nitron suspension, lighter wheels, carbon bucket seats and 6point harnesses. Just my personal taste.

Love my Yaris GR as well…and from driving the Emira I found they are very similar…great easy driving cars.
I mean the Exige has the same drivetrain and is what, 800 pounds lighter? Surely you can't expect the experience to be as visceral.

The Emira is more like a modern Esprit, not an Exige with better cushions and satnav. It's a very driver-focused, sporty GT.

The emira isn’t that sort of car plus it’s a lot more useable unless you’re tiny in stature. I’m 6ft4 a test drove the exige, far too cramped and the quality just wasn’t there. The emira is exactly what it’s supposed to be and to be frank it does it better than Porsche. If we’re talking about customer service then that’s another matter.

I agree with the reset expectations bit.

It is NOT a GT3, GT4, Exige, Elise or even Evora.
Those people looking for, nee expecting, the above will definitely not GET the car.
It is a slower, heavier and less raw car. No argument.
For a short blast and track work, I too prefer an Exige.
The Emira is actually still cheaper than the 430 Lotus cars.

However, the Emira is WELL past being very good, well past excellent. For those who 'get' it, it is astounding. It is a better ROAD CAR then all mentioned and I suspect not too far away from some on a track in average hands as the traction is godly.

For those who want the rawness, walk away.

For those that remain, they will enjoy a gorgeous, better built (eventually!) Lotus with exemplary handling for a car that looks £200K.

It is of course down to personal taste and use.
Some will prefer a Suzuki jeep or Fiesta to an Exige or Emira. We just have to accept it. 🥴
I disagree. The Emira is not the best Lotus road car, nor is it the best Lotus track car. It’s the best Lotus daily driver sportscar. Which will therefore suit lots of people very nicely and help Lotus sell loads of them.

I disagree. The Emira is not the best Lotus road car, nor is it the best Lotus track car. It’s the best Lotus daily driver sportscar. Which will therefore suit lots of people very nicely and help Lotus sell loads of them.
What’s the best lotus road car? Perhaps that’s what I should buy. I appreciate your personal experience as a future first timer

Lotus Elan. Either an S4 or Sprint.

(waits for 20 posts disagreeing and offering alternatives)

or perhaps an S1 Elise

or as a useable road car an M100 Elan (that suggestion may be seen as controversial)

Point is that pretty much all Lotus are great as they share the same DNA.

What’s the best lotus road car? Perhaps that’s what I should buy. I appreciate your personal experience as a future first timer
I think you need to wait for the Emira S or the R or the GT4 when the come as they will be in the league of car you're looking for? Especially if you've been knocking around in a GT3, the FE would be an anticlimax.

I think you need to wait for the Emira S or the R or the GT4 when the come as they will be in the league of car you're looking for? Especially if you've been knocking around in a GT3, the FE would be an anticlimax.
I think you responded to the wrong person. Lion is the C8 lover not a gt3 driver:LOL: