❔ QUESTION Braided Stainless Steel Brake Hoses

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do any of you know if Emire will come with braided brake lines? I mean proper ones, not made of rubber and surrounded by metal spirals.

Do you think the ones for the Evora would fit on the Emira? Same chassis, same suspension scheme, almost same brakes, perhaps……

Like these from goodridge: Evora Stainless Steel Brake Hoses

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curious, what does that mean???
This:
9E1A8053-D442-4A3E-B41E-4E3B2539B390.jpeg

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The brake line has to be able to flex to allow suspension movement, right?
Yes, the braided stainless steel brake lines are like these (pic taken from the link on the first post):

6BA31230-0AD5-4D2D-BA17-7960D508EFC4.jpeg

they are very useful for multiple reason especially if you go on track, but not fundamental for road use of the car

Last edited:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do any of you know if Emire will come with braided brake lines? I mean proper ones, not made of rubber and surrounded by metal spirals.

Do you think the ones for the Evora would fit on the Emira? Same chassis, same suspension scheme, almost same brakes, perhaps……

Like these from goodridge: Evora Stainless Steel Brake Hoses
The Evora ones won't fit. Different chassis, same suspension scheme but different suspension, different brakes ;) The wider track alone makes for longer brake lines.

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Evora ones won't fit. Different chassis, same suspension scheme but different suspension, different brakes ;) The wider track alone makes for longer brake lines.
Damn, I forgot the wider track 🤦🏼‍♂️, you are absolutely right

thanks

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So they are rubber hose on the inside, and braided sleeve outside?
Basically exactly what you just said, I’m attaching an example and comparison with the standar ones normally installed

3E9D3D4A-616D-4671-AA96-A7BFE31E26B2.jpeg
47A72BD2-BD48-47D2-A66C-DED4E07D5935.jpeg

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
the wider track may or may not be a factor... if distance from spindle/caliper to the hard line mount is same it won't matter. I kinda doubt they made the control arms longer to get the width, but maybe. Did they change away from AP calipers?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That looks like a solid cable, with multiple fiber layers for dimensional stability.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
the wider track may or may not be a factor... if distance from spindle/caliper to the hard line mount is same it won't matter. I kinda doubt they made the control arms longer to get the width, but maybe. Did they change away from AP calipers?

Still AP calipers (owned by Brembo btw). Basically the same as the outgoing Evora's. More info on the Emira brakes in this thread.

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good point as well, this gives me hope back!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Man, if you thought the brakes were a bit touchy/grabby as standard, wait 'til you fit braided brake lines... 😅

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Man, if you thought the brakes were a bit touchy/grabby as standard, wait 'til you fit braided brake lines... 😅
I remember when I've installed (actually the garage, I'm not able to do it and I wouldn't trust my work anyway 😅) the braided lines on my BMW E92 M3 the HUGE difference made even on street use, not to mention during track days...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember when I've installed (actually the garage, I'm not able to do it and I wouldn't trust my work anyway 😅) the braided lines on my BMW E92 M3 the HUGE difference made even on street use, not to mention during track days...

Probably helped provide more feedback through the pedal than anything else. The Emira brakes (at least on the demos I've driven) were already very sensitive/touchy and take some time to get used to. Electronic braking in general took me a while to comfortable with on my GTI too.

Heres a good video on steel vs rubber lines:

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think we could close the thread, on Harry's Garage viedeo (here: I visit Lotus factory to see my Emira in build) from the minute 7:00 it describes the suspensions and the braided stainless steel brake lines are clearly showed.

Thanks everyone for your help, I hope this thread could help others with my same doubt!