❔ QUESTION Base Model i4 - Spec, production, delivery and price

BRM

Reaction score
Frustration ............ is putting down a $5,000 deposit in July 2021 and still waiting to see what the Base model i4 interior and wheels etc will be, and when delivery is likely in Australia.

There's a $22k gap between the FE and Base model (which will pay for an every day / shopping car that you won't curl up into a ball and cry if some ignorant turd scratches it). About all I'd option for on a base would be rear camera and front sensors and mats. I'm happy with the standard sound system, 4 way adjustable seats and touring suspension - but what is the interior and wheels. I assume it will be basic black interior and silver wheels (but what do they look like?), and what is a realistic time frame for delivery.

Come on Lotus, put up the pics and open the configurator to the Base model, and advise when delivery is expected on the i4 FE and Base models.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Frustration ............ is putting down a $5,000 deposit in July 2021 and still waiting to see what the Base model i4 interior and wheels etc will be, and when delivery is likely in Australia.

There's a $22k gap between the FE and Base model (which will pay for an every day / shopping car that you won't curl up into a ball and cry if some ignorant turd scratches it). About all I'd option for on a base would be rear camera and front sensors and mats. I'm happy with the standard sound system, 4 way adjustable seats and touring suspension - but what is the interior and wheels. I assume it will be basic black interior and silver wheels (but what do they look like?), and what is a realistic time frame for delivery.

Come on Lotus, put up the pics and open the configurator to the Base model, and advise when delivery is expected on the i4 FE and Base models.
You shouldn't have been allowed to put down a deposit for the base model. Deposits were for FE cars only.
Base configuration goes live (according to Lotus customer care) in September. First cars delivered approx 12 months later.

timbo999

Reaction score
Not sure that's true... when I put my deposit down no prices/models etc has been announced. I'm also waiting on a base edition.

Lotus recently told me that the specification and options would be announced in 'upcoming months' and a delivery date provided 'in the New Year'. Make of that what you will...

What will be interesting is how much it will cost at that point.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You shouldn't have been allowed to put down a deposit for the base model. Deposits were for FE cars only.
Base configuration goes live (according to Lotus customer care) in September. First cars delivered approx 12 months later.
He can put a deposit whenever he wants. It’s an expression of interest and welcome by all dealers not just the Lotus brand. No specs are to be locked in till final details are provided.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes most dealers will take a and welcome a deposit, but Lotus themselves will not take it until they are "open" for orders. The dealer then has you in their queue / waiting list and you have some proof of when you paid it.
As we know, one UK guy placed an order for an Emira 2 years before the car was released and that was done with a dealer and hence he didnt even know what the car would look like or if it would even actually be produced, something we are still not 100% sure on.. haha...

timbo999

Reaction score
Lotus has a list of depositors in a queue for the base edition. There was nothing on the Lotus web site that says you can't place a deposit (via the Lotus web site) for a base edition.

Edited to change the 'is' to 'was' i.e. at the time I placed my deposit direct with Lotus (July '21) the above was true.

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lotus has a list of depositors in a queue for the base edition. There is nothing on the Lotus web site that says you can't place a deposit (via the Lotus web site) for a base edition.
ahhh ok, never tried, certainly wasnt the case with the Emira FE of course

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The order books for the Lexus LX are temporarily closed, now that the demand appears to exceed the number of available cars. The waiting list had grown to no less than four years.

https___www.autovisie.nl_wp-content_uploads_2022_07_Lexus-LX600-b[1].jpg

Apparently Lexus thought a delivery time of three years was acceptable. The manufacturer also considered a three-and-a-half year wait for the luxurious LX reasonable. But now that the waiting period is no less than four years, the car manufacturer intervenes. Sales for the Japanese market are discontinued and the main reason for this is not the length of the waiting time. With four years, the manufacturer is in trouble with the life cycle of the large SUV. The car may have appeared on the Japanese market earlier this year, but in four years' time the mastodon will undergo its usual interim refresher. That means whoever would order now would receive a refreshed and upgraded version. The manufacturer has not yet communicated that model.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Is The Mercedes-AMG M139 Engine Future-proof? Probably Not

This high specific-output plan from Mercedes could backfire. The idea was chosen to reduce the environmental impact. However, there’s a possibility that the M139 could be killed sooner than you think.
At the moment for instance tax brackets in China still favor cars having smaller engines.
However as per the EU regulation, Euro 7 supposedly restricts the use of small-displacement engines that produce higher outputs.
This includes engines like the M139 with its specific output of 104 horsepower per cylinder. That’s why Porsche is planning on introducing larger displacement engines that make relatively less horsepower. For now, they’re starting the gig with the mid-engined 718 Cayman (the GTS 4.0) and would likely be expanding to the Porsche 911.
Even the Cayenne GTS is now using a V8 instead of the V6 it previously had. This is a positive sign for enthusiasts as forced induction could take a back seat, and manufacturers might start embracing naturally-aspirated engines.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was told August the other day for the base configurator.
Inconsistencies yet again......

danmessy

Reaction score
Got an email just now, specifically mentions Base and i4 FE... not what you want to read. I'm in the same boat, waiting for at least Base config.
I have a "build slot" deposit taken, and noted by Lotus.

Attachments

• Lotus1.JPG
    Lotus1.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Lotus2.JPG
    Lotus2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 56
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts