FEI4 vs Base I4 delivery dates

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I’m a late deposit holder for a FEI4, having only paid my deposit in January this year. When placing my order, I was advised by Lotus that I shouldn’t expect delivery until Q3/Q4 in 2023.

On the Lotus website, it shows that the Base Model arrives in Spring 2023.

Perhaps a stupid question, but would that mean that I might get an Emira quicker if I opt for a Base model? Surely, if I’ve already placed a deposit, albeit late, my FEI4 would be produced and delivered before any base models, which would suggest that I should get my car in Q2 2023 at the latest? Or is the Lotus website unrealistic that base models will be available from Spring 2023? Even if base models are delayed by 6 months, wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect my FEI4 to be delivered in Q2/Q3 2023? It would seem weird that Lotus would deliver Base models, whilst FE models are still in production.

Thanks
Michael

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It also shows that FEi4 are Dec 21 2022 - March 20 2023 in the UK configurator.

But to your point, yes, they will be building base model V6 cars for months before US/Canada FEi4’s get built. But according to the configurator UK FE buyers should all get their cars before UK Base buyers get theirs.

OP
E

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
That sounds great…I hope you’re right, as I’d be over the moon if I got delivery before next summer (y)

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I’m a late deposit holder for a FEI4, having only paid my deposit in January this year. When placing my order, I was advised by Lotus that I shouldn’t expect delivery until Q3/Q4 in 2023.

On the Lotus website, it shows that the Base Model arrives in Spring 2023.

Perhaps a stupid question, but would that mean that I might get an Emira quicker if I opt for a Base model? Surely, if I’ve already placed a deposit, albeit late, my FEI4 would be produced and delivered before any base models, which would suggest that I should get my car in Q2 2023 at the latest? Or is the Lotus website unrealistic that base models will be available from Spring 2023? Even if base models are delayed by 6 months, wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect my FEI4 to be delivered in Q2/Q3 2023? It would seem weird that Lotus would deliver Base models, whilst FE models are still in production.

Thanks
Michael
Typically, car manufacturers will build the highest value cars following the launch of a new model to speed up their return on investment, hence why so many launch First Edition models loaded with extras and at a high price. I don't know anything but my guess is all the First Edition models will get priority before 'lower sticker price' models get built. Why not ask them as they want to play fare with depositors.

OP
E

EMI2AGE

Reaction score
Typically, car manufacturers will build the highest value cars following the launch of a new model to speed up their return on investment, hence why so many launch First Edition models loaded with extras and at a high price. I don't know anything but my guess is all the First Edition models will get priority before 'lower sticker price' models get built. Why not ask them as they want to play fare with depositors.
I did ask when I placed my deposit and was told by Lotus Q3/Q4 2023. For clarification, I’m a UK deposit holder…in fact just around the corner from you in Welwyn. It did seem odd to me the other day though, when the Lotus site states base model deliveries start in Spring 03. Like you state, surely FE buyers will get their cars before base model buyers. I hope that the original timeframe I was given didn’t take into account a 2nd shift, and that all UK FE i4 buyers will get their cars by Spring ‘03. Otherwise, I may swap to a base order and get a wider choice of colours and spec to my liking.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone have any grapevine about when 2.0 FE will start ? BTW, does 2.0 FE really have 400HP ?:oops:

vantager

Reaction score
I did ask when I placed my deposit and was told by Lotus Q3/Q4 2023. For clarification, I’m a UK deposit holder…in fact just around the corner from you in Welwyn. It did seem odd to me the other day though, when the Lotus site states base model deliveries start in Spring 03. Like you state, surely FE buyers will get their cars before base model buyers. I hope that the original timeframe I was given didn’t take into account a 2nd shift, and that all UK FE i4 buyers will get their cars by Spring ‘03. Otherwise, I may swap to a base order and get a wider choice of colours and spec to my liking.
I was told by Lotus CC that if I did switch from FE i4 to base i4, then I would go into a different queue (and so probably, later delivery). I think you can still select from the wider colour choice (for FE or base).

fellman3

Reaction score
Does anyone know when we’ll start to see reviews of i4 and/or be able to test drive one? As a July 2021 deposit holder I’m hanging on to see if it’s as good as I’ve been hoping it will be for two years. Amazes me that anyone will cough up £70k plus on a car that hasn’t been tested yet.

fellman3

Reaction score
I was told by Lotus CC that if I did switch from FE i4 to base i4, then I would go into a different queue (and so probably, later delivery). I think you can still select from the wider colour choice (for FE or base).
That’s what I was told last week as well. Wasn’t massively reassured that the i4 Base ‘queue’ was as organised as it ought to be 🤷‍♂️

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know when we’ll start to see reviews of i4 and/or be able to test drive one? As a July 2021 deposit holder I’m hanging on to see if it’s as good as I’ve been hoping it will be for two years. Amazes me that anyone will cough up £70k plus on a car that hasn’t been tested yet.
September according to Bell & Colvill

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
September according to Bell & Colvill
I had to lock in my FE I4 spec today. If we're now seeing this slip to September then I hope there'll still be a window to drive it and also see some reviews before we're asked to commit to these orders. I've driven the V6 but I'm not prepared to make such a big leap of faith with a completely new engine and drivetrain!