• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Bag World Bespoke bags

What Trim Are You Interested In?

• Black Alcantara, Black Leather, Yellow Trim

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • Black Alcantara, Black Vinyl, Yellow Trim

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can check. I imagine they would accept a certain split. Maybe even a bunch of different splits as long as it was one thing. Like the piping. Black leather, black Alcantara, yellow stitching, X piping.
Awesome thank you. Would def complete the "bespoke" look to have the blue piping with the blue car. :)

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Alright folks,

If we have thirty interested parties the price is set.
Cabin set £560 (+VAT) + S/H
Boot set £340 (+VAT) + S/H
Full set £900 (+VAT) + S/H

The sets will be:
Black leather
Black Alcantara
Yellow stitching and updated yellow Lotus logo
Edge piping in your color choice.

Lead time is four weeks

Once we get thirty names on a list I'll submit to the manufacturer with your forum handles and email addresses. You'll be able to reach out to them and order your bags.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks so much @Time2Fly for all the time and effort you've put in on this. These look great and are very tempting, and not to take away from the allure for everyone, (because they are REALLY nice looking), but something's been bugging me on this. Got to thinking that I don't even have a car yet, and lots of upcoming expenses, from the car itself, taxes, and other add ons like PPF, a car cover, front license plate bracket, other unknowns, and maybe time off of work spent bringing it back to the dealer, call it LOCUS, lot of costs, usually serious, and practicality started invading my mind: Are the bespoke cabin bags maximizing the use of the already very limited space? What if I could fit 2 regular size rolling carry on suitcases behind the seats and fit more stuff? Looking for dimensions I found TomE posted this diagram on a different thread 2 and a half years ago showing the space behind the seats at almost 9 inches when adjusted for a 6'1" driver and over 16 inches fully forward. And from this drawing, it's 9 inches all the way to the top. So no need for the cabin bags to taper to a mere 5 inches deep at the top unless you're very very tall or like to recline way back. Seems to be unnecessarily reducing your capacity in the bag. And, from these measurements and knowing the width of the cabin set is 40", it looks like I could fit my two airplane rolling carry ons lying on their side, side-by-side, and they would fit a lot more stuff at 9 inches deep all the way top to bottom, left to right. So if true, the look of the bespoke bags is definitely tempting me, but I think I'll be able to fit a lot more stuff in the space otherwise. Soo....I'm wondering if anyone reading here who already has their car can confirm these measurements? And anyone with roadtrip/luggage carrying experience in this regard care to share?

Attachments

• Emira seat position and rear luggage space.png
    Emira seat position and rear luggage space.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 20

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks so much @Time2Fly for all the time and effort you've put in on this. These look great and are very tempting, and not to take away from the allure for everyone, (because they are REALLY nice looking), but something's been bugging me on this. Got to thinking that I don't even have a car yet, and lots of upcoming expenses, from the car itself, taxes, and other add ons like PPF, a car cover, front license plate bracket, other unknowns, and maybe time off of work spent bringing it back to the dealer, call it LOCUS, lot of costs, usually serious, and practicality started invading my mind: Are the bespoke cabin bags maximizing the use of the already very limited space? What if I could fit 2 regular size rolling carry on suitcases behind the seats and fit more stuff? Looking for dimensions I found TomE posted this diagram on a different thread 2 and a half years ago showing the space behind the seats at almost 9 inches when adjusted for a 6'1" driver and over 16 inches fully forward. And from this drawing, it's 9 inches all the way to the top. So no need for the cabin bags to taper to a mere 5 inches deep at the top unless you're very very tall or like to recline way back. Seems to be unnecessarily reducing your capacity in the bag. And, from these measurements and knowing the width of the cabin set is 40", it looks like I could fit my two airplane rolling carry ons lying on their side, side-by-side, and they would fit a lot more stuff at 9 inches deep all the way top to bottom, left to right. So if true, the look of the bespoke bags is definitely tempting me, but I think I'll be able to fit a lot more stuff in the space otherwise. Soo....I'm wondering if anyone reading here who already has their car can confirm these measurements? And anyone with roadtrip/luggage carrying experience in this regard care to share?
This is what I posted on my first long trip :

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow! That's awesome, thanks for the repost!! And yep, it's what I thought! Looks like you're ordering the bespoke for the look and not necessarily the capacity! Can understand the bespoke can work great for shorter trips, (or when not travelling with my wife!!). Helps to set my expectations properly.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow! That's awesome, thanks for the repost!! And yep, it's what I thought! Looks like you're ordering the bespoke for the look and not necessarily the capacity! Can understand the bespoke can work great for shorter trips, (or when not travelling with my wife!!). Helps to set my expectations properly.
Exactly that. For weekend trips. Although if they would make carry on size with wheels for behind the. seats would be much better

Car crazy

Reaction score
Alright folks,

If we have thirty interested parties the price is set.
Cabin set £560 (+VAT) + S/H
Boot set £340 (+VAT) + S/H
Full set £900 (+VAT) + S/H

The sets will be:
Black leather
Black Alcantara
Yellow stitching and updated yellow Lotus logo
Edge piping in your color choice.

Lead time is four weeks

Once we get thirty names on a list I'll submit to the manufacturer with your forum handles and email addresses. You'll be able to reach out to them and order your bags.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hi what is the current prices before any discounts please

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks again @Time2Fly for organizing this!

Count me in, just a matter of deciding between black or blue piping. And as @GrahamClark_60-68 mentioned I just wanted to think if the full set makes sense vs boot only. I’d often put golf clubs in the boot so a 1 off road trip I use everything may be rare vs using one or the other but I’ll probably go ahead with full set to have it.

Just wanted to register my interest as 1 of 30, please nudge me if you need to finalize and I haven’t got back yet on the colour etc.