• Black Alcantara, Black Leather, Yellow Trim

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Black Alcantara, Black Vinyl, Yellow Trim

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Let me nail this down because that math doesn't math. The original set prices are the prices I was given pre discount. The full set price I was given with the discount. I calculated the discounted rate and did the math on the individual sets. Somewhere it doesn't work, and thank you for catching it.

They did say we could get a steeper discount with a larger set of orders (as noted above). Again, I should have gotten all of this ahead of time, but it's not something I typically do and this is probably a good indication of why. On the other hand, you get to see it all happening and understand the reasons.

Looking back over the correspondence it's his math. He's given me multiple prices for the sets before the discount. I'll sort it out and get back to everyone with an updated original post and an inline post to the same effect.
Thank you for your service! (y)

Clearly there is a lot of Interest.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you for your service! (y)

Clearly there is a lot of Interest.
Yep, agreed, thanks, and I know everyone on here appreciates your service @Time2Fly in this regard. This stuck out to me because I usually expect to see a discount for buying the "complete set" of anything whereas in this case it was higher. So in that regard and since you may still be in discussions with the supplier, may I propose this: 16% discount for either the boot set or the cabin set (resulting in 336 or 504), but if both are purchased, a 20% discount. This would put the complete set price at 800 pounds UK and of course would be assuming the volume is there for the complete set. This could work for both sides, as it could incentivize more complete set purchases. If you think this is worth a shot I don't think there's any downside in suggesting, all they can say is no. If no interest in pursuing, I completely understand, no issues from my side. It was just a thought.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GrahamClark_60-68 they did say they will honor discounts for individual sets (cabin or boot). I emailed this morning regarding the pricing inconsistencies and I'll get back to everyone when they respond.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GrahamClark_60-68 they did say they will honor discounts for individual sets (cabin or boot). I emailed this morning regarding the pricing inconsistencies and I'll get back to everyone when they respond.
Thanks again! I haven’t voted yet as I will wait to see the materials comp, absolutely no rush. My Emira has been at the hitting the water soon status for 6-weeks.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well he got back to me and isn't budging, despite me showing him where he quoted lower on multiple occasions over the space of three weeks. So it's a five piece set in leather for 1000 GBP if we have ten interested parties, or 900 GBP for thirty. Sorry gang. Not sure where else to go with that.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like someone reached out directly and bugged him and he got annoyed lol.

FYI, I did the calculator for duty for those of us in Canada - there’s a specific category for luggage which comes out to 11% duty on top of the 13% HST.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would you consider something really nice, coordinated with the car style (Alcantara/leather, matched piping…) but crucially without the lotus logo (avoiding any drama with lotus)?

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well he got back to me and isn't budging, despite me showing him where he quoted lower on multiple occasions over the space of three weeks. So it's a five piece set in leather for 1000 GBP if we have ten interested parties, or 900 GBP for thirty. Sorry gang. Not sure where else to go with that.
Disappointing. If the manufacturer is unreliable on pricing, what can we expect with after-sales service, if there are any product flaws and we need a return replacement? Thanks for all the time you've put into this Time2Fly. That's been sincerely appreciated.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would you consider something really nice, coordinated with the car style (Alcantara/leather, matched piping…) but crucially without the lotus logo (avoiding any drama with lotus)?

Are you asking about commissioning something similar?

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, I wouldn’t do it unless you were on board
If we could do it in good quality, sure. Lotus patches could be added by members who wish it.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My experience with bags and I’m no expert is that if the quality is good and going to last it’s not going to cost less than Bespoke bags pricing. For a smallish bag of decent quality that will last you’re probably looking at min $100 and $200 if it’s real leather. I have no idea what the quality is of Bespoke… @Time2Fly have you bought or seen their bags before?

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@DF_Toronto I haven't seen the bags in person and I have no clue if the sample images above are of a forum member's bags. Again, not to dispute the quality, but the prices have been very inconsistent.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do you know what kind of zipper he has in there and stitching quality for those? This is the most likely failure point.

But I am interested in tan leather if possible. I have Magma.

But fine with the current styling color with yellow piping.

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If we could do it in good quality, sure. Lotus patches could be added by members who wish it.
Personally, I would prefer bags without the logo. I would be interested in exploring a custom set with colors to match the logo or the car. Having something neat and tIdy that fit in the spaces of the car would be a fantastic addition to a roadtrip.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you know what kind of zipper he has in there and stitching quality for those? This is the most likely failure point.

But I am interested in tan leather if possible. I have Magma.

But fine with the current styling color with yellow piping.
Found their instagram you can see the materials a little better and same zipper on every bag they make. Zipper is nothing special but bags appear likely well made and would pay 2-3x up charge for a designer bag made to the same level.

I was looking at the pics and was actually thinking for my Seneca I may prefer the blue piping. The yellow all around is maybe too much yellow. If he has to do a group batch all the same then it may be better with just the black piping. That colour scheme would most closely match the interior of the popular black alcantara with yellow stitch.

Of course it sounded like he would make them for anyone the way you want it, just wouldn’t get the 10% discount?

If I’m going to pay 1K for the higher end leather I definitely want the logo to be the current one on the car.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Leather samples. These are not as customized above. It's just to show the leather.

The price stands. 1000 for the five piece set at ten orders, 900 at 30 orders. 20240424_151322.jpg
Lotus 3.jpg

Last edited:

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for all your work on this @Time2Fly. I'm assuming the 30 orders MUST all be the same to get the 900 pricing? Or would the supplier consider a mix of blue piping and yellow piping among those 30? Because I'm with @DF_Toronto, would prefer blue piping to go with my Seneca Blue. What if we had 30 orders, some blue piping and some yellow. Do you think he'd go for that?

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for all your work on this @Time2Fly. I'm assuming the 30 orders MUST all be the same to get the 900 pricing? Or would the supplier consider a mix of blue piping and yellow piping among those 30? Because I'm with @DF_Toronto, would prefer blue piping to go with my Seneca Blue. What if we had 30 orders, some blue piping and some yellow. Do you think he'd go for that?

I can check. I imagine they would accept a certain split. Maybe even a bunch of different splits as long as it was one thing. Like the piping. Black leather, black Alcantara, yellow stitching, X piping.