• Black Alcantara, Black Leather, Yellow Trim

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Black Alcantara, Black Vinyl, Yellow Trim

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@DF_Toronto individuals can buy them in any combination. Getting the discount requires consensus. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The yellow stitching and piping seemed to at least go with the badges.

@seriously they make helmet bags but he's going to get back to me with whether one fits in the smaller boot bag.

Pics of a leather set incoming.

Updated pricing.

Thanks for the updates! The pics in the car look fantastic and I think yellow is more widely compatible than the blue. It matches the logo so can work with any color.

Prefer the Lotus badge and not Emira.

Prefer leather to vinyl. As it is custom bags feel like a luxury good (aka unnecessary). I'd prefer to go all the way in that respect. Seeing sample variance would help.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
We could add an Emira logo or replace the Lotus one by consensus.

Added bag dimensions to the original post. Updated the minimum number buy in, as well as the discounted amount.

An Emira logo would be interesting. If everyone prefers the old style font vs the new font, I'm good with that as well!

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@seriously the helmet won't fit in the smaller boot bag. Here's one of their helmet bags. If you were in on a set you could probably get a helmet bag at a discount as well.
20190131_163627.jpg
20190131_163612.jpg

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd hope we'd get the originally offered 20% discount (perhaps more if both sets purchased at same time?), with a minimum of 30 orders. If so, count me in for both sets in leather (with yellow OEM color; either logo OK but I lean towards the Emira logo since they're made for an Emira). To be clear, I'm likely out if only 10 sets and a 16% discount. I know I'll be faced with the Can/UK exchange rate, plus the ship cost and cross-border charges...

Or better yet and since I'm an eternal optimist, perhaps if we get even more confirmed orders (40 to 50) we'd do even better on the price?

I'm looking to keep my Emira for the long term and having unique high-end matching custom-fit logo'd bags, even if I don't actually use them a ton for travel, will be a ++ bonus whenever I'm at a car show. I an hide things like a tire repair kit, mini-compressor, and the basic tool kit I always carry, in a bag. Traveling "in style" may also encourage my better half to join me on an Emira road trip (lol). Plus one of the bags could be a nice/stylish overhead bin or carry-on flight bag (matched his 'n' hers set?) that's sure to catch the attention of fellow-Lotus owners or sport car enthusiasts, and spark a conversation. There's "my plug" to encourage others who might be on the fence.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@netsinah I'll ask about larger discounts for larger orders. The 20% was an estimate. The stated discount is posted.

@DF_Toronto that's a good point. I'll ask about the current font.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the great pics in the car, that really helps with the visual. One question though, the height of the center cabin bag is the same, but it appears that it doesn't quite fit, or is riding a bit high in the photo. Is there a hump on the floor in the middle? And if so, and I know I might be getting a bit too anal here (but for $1000 bucks, hey....)if this is true can the height of the middle bag be adjusted accordingly?
With that said, I'd be all in for a full leather set, blue piping my strong (Seneca-oriented) preference. But still open to the yellow piping. And I honestly don't care old or new logo.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Thanks for the great pics in the car, that really helps with the visual. One question though, the height of the center cabin bag is the same, but it appears that it doesn't quite fit, or is riding a bit high in the photo. Is there a hump on the floor in the middle? And if so, and I know I might be getting a bit too anal here (but for $1000 bucks, hey....)if this is true can the height of the middle bag be adjusted accordingly?
With that said, I'd be all in for a full leather set, blue piping my strong (Seneca-oriented) preference. But still open to the yellow piping. And I honestly don't care old or new logo.
Great catch, there does look to be a little bit of a transmission hump in that area!

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great question! I agree, prefer to fit flush across the top.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It appears the shelf is flat. So possibly the bag just isn't pressed into position?
IMG_1616.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's tilted forward because the "middle" bag is deeper front-to-back than the other two. Looks like it's at least an inch deeper, maybe more.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah ha! Porter to the rescue! Middle bag doesn't taper in depth bottom to top like the other two, which follow the seat back recline. Top of the middle bag is still 8 inches deep vs the other two are 5 inches deep. Looks strange with both seat backs forward, prob would look fine with the seat backs in place. Still I think in addition to the "lean forward look", it's probably also not smushed down all the way to the shelf.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If we get thirty committed orders it's ÂŁ900 for the full set. And he'll update the embroidery.

TFD

Reaction score
If we get thirty committed orders it's ÂŁ900 for the full set. And he'll update the embroidery.
Thank you. I assume that amount is inclusive of VAT. Would a US order be about the same total amount (i.e., minus VAT, but plus shipping)? If that’s right, I’d be in. Appreciate you coordinating this.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you. I assume that amount is inclusive of VAT. Would a US order be about the same total amount (i.e., minus VAT, but plus shipping)? If that’s right, I’d be in. Appreciate you coordinating this.
Good question. I'll sort it out and confirm here.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey, the guy there says he's getting bombarded with emails from people who have seen this post.

If you're looking for the group buy, he's asked that you keep your questions here.

VAT is added to UK deliveries. Just like customs is an addition to US and EU deliveries.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Time2Fly In your original post on Sunday, you mentioned the separate pricing with a 16% discount for the volume order would be 504 + 336 (Cabin Set + Boot) set which equals 840. But later a price of 900 for the entire set was mentioned, and now in your latest post you're mentioning 900. Why would the entire set price be more than Cabin Boot? I might have missed part of this thread and apologies if I did, but seems only a 10% discount for the entire set?

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am in the U.S. and depending on final price/taxes/shipping, I would be interested in purchasing the cabin bag set.

UPDATE: I would consider the full set; not just the cabin bags.

Last edited:
OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Time2Fly In your original post on Sunday, you mentioned the separate pricing with a 16% discount for the volume order would be 504 + 336 (Cabin Set + Boot) set which equals 840. But later a price of 900 for the entire set was mentioned, and now in your latest post you're mentioning 900. Why would the entire set price be more than Cabin Boot? I might have missed part of this thread and apologies if I did, but seems only a 10% discount for the entire set?

Let me nail this down because that math doesn't math. The original set prices are the prices I was given pre discount. The full set price I was given with the discount. I calculated the discounted rate and did the math on the individual sets. Somewhere it doesn't work, and thank you for catching it.

They did say we could get a steeper discount with a larger set of orders (as noted above). Again, I should have gotten all of this ahead of time, but it's not something I typically do and this is probably a good indication of why. On the other hand, you get to see it all happening and understand the reasons.

Looking back over the correspondence it's his math. He's given me multiple prices for the sets before the discount. I'll sort it out and get back to everyone with an updated original post and an inline post to the same effect.

Last edited: