AutoTrader Review

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was hoping for the four spoke steering wheel from the road registered Maserati Boomerang. :cool:

maserati-boomerang.png

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hotizontal tachos were ‘the fashion’ on motorbikes for a bit, my Ducati dash is the one on the left here. I guess to save space but they’ve reverted to round design more recently.

I didn’t’ like it to start with but it does work pretty well and is fun to chase the revs with once you get used to it.

View attachment 6702
My S2000 had an almost horizontal digital rev counter and reved to 9k :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How about replacing the steering wheel with a "Wrist Twist"! :ROFLMAO:

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In my frogeye the steering wheel is to the left of the middle of the seat and the pedals are off to the right. It's completely bonkers. You drive with your shoulders pointing the opposite way to your hips. Then you notice the right side of the steering wheel is tilted in to the dash a touch.

We love a bit of character though don't we. And the feedback through a wood rimmed wheel is like the Emira steering reviews.. 'sublime!'

IMG_1612.jpg

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After carefully watching each review numerous times studying each for every detail I could find. I've settled on the AutoTrader review (Roy Reid) as the most informative, unbiased, and accurate projection of what I can expect from the Lotus Emira. Without doubt I am certain the Emira will over deliver after seeing this review in particular. Also, the CarWow (Matt Watson) review further solidified the performance and capabilities of the Emira and really exceeded my expectations. AutoTrader reviews have been around for a long time and I find them very trustworthy, frank, and honest. Congratulations to Lotus and its partners on what I am sure is a great exotic sports car. Can't wait to take delivery later this year. 🥂
Watson did have a 3.6S 0-60 time on the A45S.

So it could bode well for the i4 Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I bet that has some lock on it though!

Although he's using a conventional wheel, watch the start of the onboard video of Gav driving the Evija at Goodwood last year, where he gets out of shape at the first corner and recovers it 😯

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Although he's using a conventional wheel, watch the start of the onboard video of Gav driving the Evija at Goodwood last year, where he gets out of shape at the first corner and recovers it 😯

My buddy:
“‘Evija’ how do you pronounce that?”

Me:
“E V I J A - ‘two million’ just like it sounds.”

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

😁 Brown pants time
Awesome though, good share
So fast and so difficult to judge speed with no noise!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do like the Artura dash/display, just that bit bolder and sportier that the austere Emira graphics. Look even better in motion if you watch the reviews. Unlike exotic materials, premium HMI graphics and design don't cost anything extra.

1655905409549.png

similar wheel
1655905613954.png

But buttonless and purposeful. Love that.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
😁 Brown pants time
Awesome though, good share
So fast and so difficult to judge speed with no noise!
I think EV will come of an age where lateral G force replaces the old fashion “emotion” from engine noise and manual gear change….. 😂 I felt tense just watching the mph numbers just climb up like a slot machine hitting jackpot and the high pitched whine of the electric motor. I’m not too worried about EVs for enthusiasts, the game must move on.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think EV will come of an age where lateral G force replaces the old fashion “emotion” from engine noise and manual gear change….. 😂 I felt tense just watching the mph numbers just climb up like a slot machine hitting jackpot and the high pitched whine of the electric motor. I’m not too worried about EVs for enthusiasts, the game must move on.

Zero emotion so doesn't do it for me.
EV speed will be capped as they will be self driving before too long. Make the most of your freedoms whilst you still can.
I'm all about the personal drones now!!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Watch this video of Shmee in the Valkyrie at Laguna Seca. This thing corners at 3.5 g's. If the electric future starts delivering cars that can run like this, I'll gladly stick with my Emira.