AutoTrader Review

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220616-084518_Instagram.jpg

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
^^^ Exactly like I said in another thread. Every car feels weird on the first drive, and then you adapt and get used to it. Same goes for the Emira and its steering wheel.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
^^^ Exactly like I said in another thread. Every car feels weird on the first drive, and then you adapt and get used to it. Same goes for the Emira and its steering wheel.
I concur with this, but should you really have to 'get used' to a steering wheel 😁 The best wheels add to the experience rather than detract

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I concur with this, but should you really have to 'get used' to a steering wheel 😁 The best wheels add to the experience rather than detract
I agree, never had to get used to one or had to think of getting used to one.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t
I quite like the look of the new steering wheel…. I’m sure it will be just fine. Like flat bottom first came out on road cars, folks used to talk about it then….. who knows it might catch on with the yoke and all…. 😂

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Guess you're not very sensitive to those kinds of things. Steering wheel felt "weird" to me at first in every car I've driven... even the wheels that are most "normal." Everything from the texture to the angle of the wheel are things that stand out to me. I'm not worried about the Emira wheel. I'll immediately get used to it.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Guess you're not very sensitive to those kinds of things. Steering wheel felt "weird" to me at first in every car I've driven... even the wheels that are most "normal." Everything from the texture to the angle of the wheel are things that stand out to me. I'm not worried about the Emira wheel. I'll immediately get used to it.
Pedal and wheel offset definitely. Round steering wheel not so much 😅

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pedal and wheel offset definitely. Round steering wheel not so much 😅
As a child, I got used to steering a bicycle with with what is essentially a perpendicular stick. I'd think we can manage with a flat-spotted wheel :LOL:

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
As I watch a few of these driving reviews, the #ForTheScreen reasoning behind a square-ish wheel seems odd.
In the driving modes I've seen, the rev counter at the top right goes to 9k. It's electric/digital of course, but still doesn't seem that useful.

Willing to give it a try, but not convinced it's better/necessary.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As I watch a few of these driving reviews, the #ForTheScreen reasoning behind a square-ish wheel seems odd.
In the driving modes I've seen, the rev counter at the top right goes to 9k. It's electric/digital of course, but still doesn't seem that useful.

Willing to give it a try, but not convinced it's better/necessary.
Perhaps Geely had loads of them lying around which they couldn’t used and sold them to Lotus at a good price.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hotizontal tachos were ‘the fashion’ on motorbikes for a bit, my Ducati dash is the one on the left here. I guess to save space but they’ve reverted to round design more recently.

I didn’t’ like it to start with but it does work pretty well and is fun to chase the revs with once you get used to it.

0830EFD9-981A-4D4B-AF55-4A01A7E8061A.jpeg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but with so many cars out there, it is very different takking the wheel of a defender of the past and today, a classic Lotus and a new one, an old triumph or a tractor, but without such extremes, surely every steering wheel, gear lever, break pedal feel, clutch etc... they all take a little getting used to, no?
I guess if I had 4 porsches in the garage from the same decade, and they were all I drove then this doesnt apply, but for me, driving my car, my moms car sometimes when I visit the UK, hire cars etc, I have to get used to the good and the bad.
I think this wheel looks cool, but I totally understand that some people may not like it. I guess it is more to facilitate the larger driver ......

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like the flat bottom wheel and the one in the emira is sexy and class so happy days , not to dis similar to the c63s steering wheel I had before 👌🏽 So no complaints from me.
I think some one should put up a pic of a wheel they would of preferred …
This was my merc one vs the emira

Attachments

• F980F30A-267A-4EC3-B280-40699B1DC176.jpeg
    F980F30A-267A-4EC3-B280-40699B1DC176.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 3D33E0E5-4B15-41F4-86C3-360E06156229.jpeg
    3D33E0E5-4B15-41F4-86C3-360E06156229.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 43