Anyone else beginning to think negatively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
~el~jefe~

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep, that's about how I'd see it. I don't get the constant moaning. There are bigger problems in the world.
a dictatorship owning a luxury car company needs no guilt trip assistance. The only thing important is getting what I paid for. It's called non-theft. Starving children in africa comments really have no place in defense of a communist dictatorship doing bad business relations.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
a dictatorship owning a luxury car company needs no guilt trip assistance. The only thing important is getting what I paid for. It's called non-theft. Starving children in africa comments really have no place in defense of a communist dictatorship doing bad business relations.
As far as I know, Geely isn't a state-owned enterprise. Years ago China made the decision to not do what the former fully communist Soviet Union did, which is have a totally communist government and economy. China chose to have a communist government, but a capitalist economy, and they've reaped the financial rewards accordingly. So for the time being at least, the businesses in China are private enterprise owned and operated. The way the Chinese government is going however, that could change in the future. If the state takes over all business, their economy and productivity will begin to decline and eventually collapse, just the way it did in the Soviet Union.

In the meantime, India is gaining as a manufacturing resource, and companies are beginning to diversify manufacturing outside of China so as to not be totally reliant upon them. This is good. Taiwan Semiconductor is starting to build plants outside of Taiwan, which is also good. Right now, if China attacks and takes over Taiwan, they'd control the majority of computer chip production for the world.

We just have to get through the next 12 months without any huge incidences, and things should get better.

OP
~el~jefe~

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As far as I know, Geely isn't a state-owned enterprise. Years ago China made the decision to not do what the former fully communist Soviet Union did, which is have a totally communist government and economy. China chose to have a communist government, but a capitalist economy, and they've reaped the financial rewards accordingly. So for the time being at least, the businesses in China are private enterprise owned and operated. The way the Chinese government is going however, that could change in the future. If the state takes over all business, their economy and productivity will begin to decline and eventually collapse, just the way it did in the Soviet Union.

In the meantime, India is gaining as a manufacturing resource, and companies are beginning to diversify manufacturing outside of China so as to not be totally reliant upon them. This is good. Taiwan Semiconductor is starting to build plants outside of Taiwan, which is also good. Right now, if China attacks and takes over Taiwan, they'd control the majority of computer chip production for the world.

We just have to get through the next 12 months without any huge incidences, and things should get better.
well that is very astute of you. I guess it is true for the most part. I ran into a few chinese beijing graduate students last month in manhattan. they told me they could not look at the information i was telling them to look up, fun stuff, as their computer was state controlled. I duno how private their conglomerate big poop companies are or not. Probably in and out of that form. $$$ greases all wheels though, so that can buy some pretty good distance and independence.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
well that is very astute of you. I guess it is true for the most part. I ran into a few chinese beijing graduate students last month in manhattan. they told me they could not look at the information i was telling them to look up, fun stuff, as their computer was state controlled. I duno how private their conglomerate big poop companies are or not. Probably in and out of that form. $$$ greases all wheels though, so that can buy some pretty good distance and independence.
Look we can feel sorry for ourselves because we have to wait for the last ICE from lotus a boutique car manufacture.
Which costs $100,000 dollars or 83,000 pounds, and our only real concern is the color quality of leather and will it drive brilliantly.
1. Ukraine is living through atrocities.
2. There are hundreds of thousands of migrants trying to escape their reality in hopes of a better situation.
3. Last year has destroyed or rescheduled a lot of people’s retirement
4. Many people world wide are struggling to eat and get basic medical services.
All while we receive an
Beside increíble amount of knowledge and the wonderful jokes we have the privilege share our blessings with like minded individuals. I for one am happy that the only things I have to worry about is if Magma Red is going to be incredible & that the Emira drives brilliantly. Otherwise I will sell it and be more fortunate by reaping a profit 😊 further better ourselves.
How screwed up is that?
Enjoy the day my friends, both sunrise and sunset only happen once. 😎

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep, that's about how I'd see it. I don't get the constant moaning. There are bigger problems in the world.
Let’s not get sanctimonious here

There have, are, and always will be bigger problems in the world. Didn’t stop you placing an order for a $100,000 sports car so whilst you think you are, you’re obviously not that bothered.

Last edited:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We all have varying levels of wealth and disposal income but I consider a $100K outlay on a car I haven’t seen or driven a significant purchase. I expect service commensurate with that outlay and when that service falls short I have every right to voice my displeasure.

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Pretty sure you haven't paid for the car yet.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The icing on the cake has been the recent Dark Verdant car in the Chinese dealership. Lotus can make a whole Verdant car and put it on display, but can’t be arsed to take professional photos of the full colour range? Frankly, that sucks.
The only logical conclusion for me is that Lotus in UK is not allowed to make / share those photos. The first Hethel yellow Emira was presented in China, same now with Dark Verdant. There were no photos of those colours before on the net.

Reactions: DJS

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you're going to write this kind of stuff you should do a bit of research. Look up who owns and controls Geely and their stance with the Chinese government on state ownership and interference.

If you're concerned about the origins of products you buy, I assume you're living without numerous items of technology, clothing etc and your cars contain no Chinese-made components?

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you're going to write this kind of stuff you should do a bit of research. Look up who owns and controls Geely and their stance with the Chinese government on state ownership and interference.

If you're concerned about the origins of products you buy, I assume you're living without numerous items of technology, clothing etc and your cars contain no Chinese-made components?
Nice to see the threads are still going down the bitter route. 👺 I’ve stayed off this for a while and had hoped a return to last years positive forum. We wait for our Emira’s or buy something else, the choice is yours. Ah well, for those of you in the UK enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday 😎

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice to see the threads are still going down the bitter route. 👺 I’ve stayed off this for a while and had hoped a return to last years positive forum. We wait for our Emira’s or buy something else, the choice is yours. Ah well, for those of you in the UK enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday 😎
no work today across the pond?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We all have varying levels of wealth and disposal income but I consider a $100K outlay on a car I haven’t seen or driven a significant purchase. I expect service commensurate with that outlay and when that service falls short I have every right to voice my displeasure.
You certainly do, but don't expect anyone to feel bad for you.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think differently. The delays allow me to take my time when choosing the spec, save $, avoid early model issues, potentially choose some bespoke options, and enjoy the process. Also allows me to enjoy the current cars and make some mods. I am mid forties do maybe instant gratification is not something I need badly.
Agreed with this and have the same mindset.

As it is now, I'm in line for a Base, so I already know I'm not getting delivery until 2 years from now. But it's all good.

More time for me to enjoy the M2 Comp until the Emira arrives!

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Comms could be a whole lot better, we know that…. some sort of monthly update (even if relatively generic wouldn’t go a miss & would reduce inbound customer service calls).

We all understand the global issues, they’re awful, but we still need to manage our day-to-day lives. Personally I don’t care about pics or more reviews, I don’t even really care about delays - “just tell me the position & I can plan around it!”.

I have a BMW M3 Comp & a 911 GTS on order as well - both have understandable delays, the big difference is they keep me up-to-speed & both marques now have contingency plans in place to catch-up production in H2 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts