Anyone else beginning to think negatively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
People who live next to the plant making these are getting a first delivery almost in 2023, who also put in deposits like the first 30 minutes of it being available.
I really do not see any indication that almost anyone on this forum will ever see a car in the next two years AT BEST. Silence is an obvious deposit cash grab. THere is no mention of "ramping up or tripling production". Just crickets. Only thing is a month delay that 30 second FE buyers somehow whined about in a few posts from June to July.
No indication that anything is moving faster than glacial. They want to sell EV's and use Lotus as a one in a million chance to make a common person's brand in a land of bland flying turd smooth looking battery ev's.
There are other companies, well, all of the other companies, that give a much clearer understanding of When and IF one is ever getting a car.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I think differently. The delays allow me to take my time when choosing the spec, save $, avoid early model issues, potentially choose some bespoke options, and enjoy the process. Also allows me to enjoy the current cars and make some mods. I am mid forties do maybe instant gratification is not something I need badly.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Somebody who went on a tour just recently, said they were told that 2 shifts are going to be happening right from the get-go. Originally the production plan was for only one shift, so that's a commitment to increase production.

The Shanghai lockdown is affecting everyone. Even Apple in its quarterly report this week, said it's affecting them and couldn't give a definite forecast for the next quarter. Chevy and Ford have suspended production of the Camaro and Mustang for the time being.

The pandemic lockdown messed with lots of things in a big way, and it's apparent things are not going to just instantly restart back to normal they way we'd like them to.

I'm sure nobody wants to see production cars coming off the line more than Lotus right now, but if they can at least get production spec cars out to the dealers for dealer demos, that will help. If people can see, and test drive cars, that should make people feel better while Lotus works through the supply chain issues.

DaveR

Reaction score
Somebody who went on a tour just recently, said they were told that 2 shifts are going to be happening right from the get-go. Originally the production plan was for only one shift, so that's a commitment to increase production.

The Shanghai lockdown is affecting everyone. Even Apple in its quarterly report this week, said it's affecting them and couldn't give a definite forecast for the next quarter. Chevy and Ford have suspended production of the Camaro and Mustang for the time being.

The pandemic lockdown messed with lots of things in a big way, and it's apparent things are not going to just instantly restart back to normal they way we'd like them to.

I'm sure nobody wants to see production cars coming off the line more than Lotus right now, but if they can at least get production spec cars out to the dealers for dealer demos, that will help. If people can see, and test drive cars, that should make people feel better while Lotus works through the supply chain issues.
I’m surprised they managed to get two shifts going. I’ve tried to employ people not a million miles away and finding it very difficult after brexit. Unless they are paying over the odds and can find people that want to work, then increasing the output will be difficult. There’s a lot of fruit and veg pickers needed.
Then there is the shortage of parts which we have experienced. Absolute nightmare but lotus in a different league, and I hope that is not a problem. I’m a august build hoping for august but really can’t see it happening. At least a few photos now. I’m a Dv and really pleased. It’s just the waiting now!!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
On the minus side, comms from Lotus is still terrible.

I was told unofficially last July my delivery was likely to be early May 2022. In December when I locked in my spec I was told June delivery. Two weeks ago I was told it would now be July. I guess it might slip again. Since I placed my deposit there's been Covid, supply chain chaos, chip shortages, the invasion of Ukraine and escalating inflation. So a 2 month delay against that backdrop isn't too bad.

Lotus contacted all the June to Sept UK delivery people to give them updated build and delivery dates - most had slipped by 1 month, some by 2 and some had no slip. They've also started contacting UK deposit holders last week for the November onwards batches (deposits from 12 July onwards). If they were still worried about supplier delays they could have held off from doing that.

North America dealers have a timetable for batches of deposit holders to pin down specifications, linked to target build and delivery dates.

Second shift is confirmed as starting two months EARLIER than the previous earliest target date. That should help recover some of the initial delays and eat in to the waiting lists.

In other news, you may have seen some of these:

Reaction score
People who live next to the plant making these are getting a first delivery almost in 2023, who also put in deposits like the first 30 minutes of it being available.
I really do not see any indication that almost anyone on this forum will ever see a car in the next two years AT BEST. Silence is an obvious deposit cash grab. THere is no mention of "ramping up or tripling production". Just crickets. Only thing is a month delay that 30 second FE buyers somehow whined about in a few posts from June to July.
No indication that anything is moving faster than glacial. They want to sell EV's and use Lotus as a one in a million chance to make a common person's brand in a land of bland flying turd smooth looking battery ev's.
There are other companies, well, all of the other companies, that give a much clearer understanding of When and IF one is ever getting a car.
I think there will always be lots of opinions on how Lotus has handled the rollout and communications with the Emira. Almost everyone can agree it's a beautiful car or we would not have placed deposits. The lack of communication has been terrible to put it mildly. I'm sure I'm no different than most deposit holders, but I have received absolutely ZERO updates from Lotus on the status of production, place in line, etc. I have only been able to gather minimal information through the dealer and it seems they have very little concrete information either. On the other hand, I have received numerous emails from Lotus regarding their new SUV and their new clothing line! I think Lotus should focus their priorities trying to keep their Emira deposit holders engaged on the Emira instead of trying to sell them something else. A simple boiler plate email would even be fine, just provide some updates on what they see happening, the good, the bad and the ugly. Customers need to know what's happening, and the excuses of being overwhelmed isn't valid as they could easily disseminate information in a general email update bi-weekly to keep their deposit holders engaged.
Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping my deposit it appears to be a great car, but I predict others may grow tired of waiting given their lack of communication updates and make choices to spend their money elsewhere.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nope. Nothing but good vibes. Manufacturing is hard. People are mad about no communication but you know what’s worse? Telling us something that’ll change again in a month. China is locked down. The supply chain is still effed. Delays are par for the course in car launches even during normal times. Lotus is a very small company. We know the faces of these guys. They’re normal, well meaning people who share our passion. I’ll get my car when I get it. I know they’re trying, they’re a business. They want to sell us cars as much as we want them.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
‘Waiting’ for the Emira
Nope. Nothing but good vibes. Manufacturing is hard. People are mad about no communication but you know what’s worse? Telling us something that’ll change again in a month. China is locked down. The supply chain is still effed. Delays are par for the course in car launches even during normal times. Lotus is a very small company. We know the faces of these guys. They’re normal, well meaning people who share our passion. I’ll get my car when I get it. I know they’re trying, they’re a business. They want to sell us cars as much as we want them.
Just because they’re not doing the absolute worst they could do doesn’t make in better and they’ve actually just done that - providing info that changed in a month.

Lotus is also not a very small company, not anymore.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
‘Waiting’ for the Emira

Just because they’re not doing the absolute worst they could do doesn’t make in better and they’ve actually just done that - providing info that changed in a month.

Lotus is also not a very small company, not anymore.

I’ve been a part of preorders when info changes, and it really sets people off. Get one date wrong and nobody believes the next date anyway. Lotus can’t control the situation in China. The answer is, they have no idea.

Right now, they feel like they’re within enough of a window that a double shift should keep most people on track. But that can change if the supply situation remains a problem.

I took the factory tour last week, they still looked pretty small to me. I know they’re Geely now, but that still doesn’t change the situation above.

Last edited:

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interest rates are getting higher in the US. Inflation is going up. Waiting for the car is getting more expensive. Porsche and BMW are pumping out cars still. Lotus needs to step it up. They also need to speak up. End of story.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve been a part of preorders when info changes, and it really sets people off. Get one date wrong and nobody believes the next date anyway. Lotus can’t control the situation in China. The answer is, they have no idea.

Right now, they feel like they’re within enough of a window that a double shift should keep most people on track. But that can change if the supply situation remains a problem.

I took the factory tour last week, they still looked pretty small to me. I know they’re Geely now, but that still doesn’t change the situation above.
Yep, that's about how I'd see it. I don't get the constant moaning. There are bigger problems in the world.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the minus side, comms from Lotus is still terrible.

I was told unofficially last July my delivery was likely to be early May 2022. In December when I locked in my spec I was told June delivery. Two weeks ago I was told it would now be July. I guess it might slip again. Since I placed my deposit there's been Covid, supply chain chaos, chip shortages, the invasion of Ukraine and escalating inflation. So a 2 month delay against that backdrop isn't too bad.

Lotus contacted all the June to Sept UK delivery people to give them updated build and delivery dates - most had slipped by 1 month, some by 2 and some had no slip. They've also started contacting UK deposit holders last week for the November onwards batches (deposits from 12 July onwards). If they were still worried about supplier delays they could have held off from doing that.

North America dealers have a timetable for batches of deposit holders to pin down specifications, linked to target build and delivery dates.

Second shift is confirmed as starting two months EARLIER than the previous earliest target date. That should help recover some of the initial delays and eat in to the waiting lists.

In other news, you may have seen some of these:

I’m sorry but your are wrong, I’ve not been contacted about any delays to my order, or any contact other than my order confirmation email and a call months ago confirming my delivery month. My first deposit was 10th July last year.
How can you state that everyone has been informed of delays, do you know something we don’t!

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve tried to stay positive and excited. This is my first (and last?) supercar, and the Australian price of $200,000 means it’s a massive, massive investment for me.

However, if it wasn’t for this forum I’d have no idea what I’d locked in. Dealer communication has only been in response to my queries. The first configurator was a complete disaster, the second is fun but still not accurate (for Magma at least). I had to rely on people like @TomE to explain the ADAS situation etc etc.

The icing on the cake has been the recent Dark Verdant car in the Chinese dealership. Lotus can make a whole Verdant car and put it on display, but can’t be arsed to take professional photos of the full colour range? Frankly, that sucks.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve tried to stay positive and excited. This is my first (and last?) supercar, and the Australian price of $200,000 means it’s a massive, massive investment for me.

However, if it wasn’t for this forum I’d have no idea what I’d locked in. Dealer communication has only been in response to my queries. The first configurator was a complete disaster, the second is fun but still not accurate (for Magma at least). I had to rely on people like @TomE to explain the ADAS situation etc etc.

The icing on the cake has been the recent Dark Verdant car in the Chinese dealership. Lotus can make a whole Verdant car and put it on display, but can’t be arsed to take professional photos of the full colour range? Frankly, that sucks.
Totally agree mate. I know the licence holder for Lotus importation in Australia was there last week for the international dealer conference. I’m calling him later to day to get a clear outline of what’s happening exactly as I was a very early deposit holder for the Emira and now Eletre.

Let me know what you want to find out and I’ll loop back to you with info. Ps the team are brilliant it’s Lotus head office that are not clear in communications.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Totally agree mate. I know the licence holder for Lotus importation in Australia was there last week for the international dealer conference. I’m calling him later to day to get a clear outline of what’s happening exactly as I was a very early deposit holder for the Emira and now Eletre.

Let me know what you want to find out and I’ll loop back to you with info. Ps the team are brilliant it’s Lotus head office that are not clear in communications.

It’d be nice to get a delivery month. We’ve had to lock in our specs since January, so Australian orders must be scheduled like the UK orders (which have received their delivery dates, albeit revised recently). Even the US orders - which I believe are still flexible - have a table of estimated delivery months based on deposits.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m sorry but your are wrong, I’ve not been contacted about any delays to my order, or any contact other than my order confirmation email and a call months ago confirming my delivery month. My first deposit was 10th July last year.
How can you state that everyone has been informed of delays, do you know something we don’t!
I’ve seen lots of posts here and elsewhere from people in the June to Sept delivery batches saying they’ve had emails advising of revised dates. Those appear to have gone out in delivery month order. If you haven’t had an email then maybe you’re lucky and you aren’t delayed - some people aren’t but most people are.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i'm kinda feeling it to now my gla45 is boring me . I'm getting very tired on nothing but what we get on this forum . some of you guys don't like them but c8's are dropping in price finally and showing up on showroom floors. Just pushing me away from the lotus. My gf had to talk me out of going down to my lotus dealer and buying a damn blue c8 . If it was orange it would have been over :):D

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Yep, that's about how I'd see it. I don't get the constant moaning. There are bigger problems in the world.
I think we are in the minority. So many folks around here complaining that it makes you wonder how would they deal with real problems (health, family, etc).

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think we are in the minority. So many folks around here complaining that it makes you wonder how would they deal with real problems (health, family, etc).
People can obviously separate those issues, and be upset about different things. You guys act like they can’t, which is asinine.

Lotus also isn’t the only car manufacturer going through supply chain issues or a global pandemic. It’s not an excuse for the lack of communication. Other manufacturers seem to be doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.