📓 Journals Another UK customer collection - Seneca Blue at Silverstone

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well guys, I collected my Emira yesterday from Lotus Silverstone. Aimee did the handover, absolutely brilliant service. She filmed me pulling the cover off and driving out of the show room, and sent them to me via WhatsApp. I would highly recommend them. In stark contrast to Lotus ofcourse. I would also like to thank @Mickle for the lift to Silverstone, without his kind offer and with the train strike, it would have been very difficult to get there. He also took many photos of the proceedings and sent them to me. An absolutely brilliant day. The car is great ofcourse. As Harry says, my Sport is a very different car to the dealer demo Tour car.

Congratulations 👏 glad you had a Fab day, come on then let’s see all the lovely photies ….. spread the joy 🥹

As requested by the lady of the North.

Attachments

• VID-20221217-WA0057.mp4
    17.7 MB
  • VID-20221217-WA0056.mp4
    8.2 MB
  • VID-20221217-WA0055.mp4
    2.2 MB
  • VID-20221217-WA0054.mp4
    12.1 MB
  • IMG-20221217-WA0049.jpg
    IMG-20221217-WA0049.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 261
Apologies for my somewhat dubious attire, but it was freezing 🥶

Car looks stunning yellow callipers 👌🏼 Wheels looks great 👍 in that combination. Keep us all informed as you get to know her - so pleased you’ve finally got her the longest ever depositor lol

Thank you, my car was close to the spec of the car that did a tour of the uk dealers, minus the black pack. Ofcourse will keep the forum informed of my adventures/ thoughts of the car as i get to grips of it. Your comment about my very early deposit, it seems my deposit was ignored, or Lotus didn't want to sell me one. Take your pick.

Congratulation. How many UK cars have been delivered now? any idea

Think it looks nice and clean lines without the black pack 👍
Yes, I agree. As Russell Carr said in an interview. With all body colour, you see the full volume of the car. With the black pack, it unifies the glass house. I have a black roof on my run about Mini, and I don't like that. So was never going to spec my Emira with the black pack. Personal choice i know, and many on here with have a different view.

Congratulations! Long time coming but you finally got there and it looks stunning. May it give you many years of happy motoring!

Congratulations, really really pleased for you. Especially as its been a long time coming!
Look fwd to hearing about your adventures 🤩

Congratulation. How many UK cars have been delivered now? any idea
Im sorry, i have no idea. @TomE would be the best person to ask. I didn't ask when I collected the car yesterday. Can't imagine there are many though.

Congratulations, really really pleased for you. Especially as its been a long time coming!
Look fwd to hearing about your adventures 🤩
Thank you. You're not kidding its been a long time coming. Will post my thoughts when i have done a few more miles. Only done just over 100 from Silverstone so far, and will not be using it till next weekend.

As requested by the lady of the North.
a few questions... i mean, you didnt think I wouldnt did you?
1. did you get lost on your way our of the showroom? you took a while to get it out, was the gear box that bad?
2. whos the guy with less hair than me stood next to the car?
3. why did you get blue, diamond cut wheels, no black pack and yellow callipers.... thats an awful combination.... as when we meet, you wont know which car is yours and which is mine!
Very nice of @Mickle from shropshire indeed to take you, nice to see the forum leading to what it should be about, a bit of camaraderie (I had to look up how to spell that!!!) instead of this constant negativity and lack of sense of humour, always being down on Lotus, its employees and even its wonderous cars, I just dont understand those people, they should just say nothing if they dont have something positive to say, ban them all, but especially @Leonard .... oh no, hes gone.. oh no, hes back :) (by popular demand).
Anyway, on a serious note, I hope and trust you have some good roads over there Telford way and will be keen to here your thoughts on it in the bad weather and I am sure you are happy you chose the all year goodyear tyres!!
Congrats..... count the looks you get, BUT remember they are for the car and not the driver...least until I get one haha

1. did you get lost on your way our of the showroom? you took a while to get it out, was the gear box that bad?
3. why did you get blue, diamond cut wheels, no black pack and yellow callipers.... thats an awful combination.... as when we meet, you wont know which car is yours and which is mine!
Very nice of @Mickle from shropshire indeed to take you, nice to see the forum leading to what it should be about, a bit of camaraderie (I had to look up how to spell that!!!) instead of this constant negativity and lack of sense of humour, always being down on Lotus, its employees and even its wonderous cars, I just dont understand those people, they should just say nothing if they dont have something positive to say, ban them all, but especially @Leonard .... oh no, hes gone.. oh no, hes back :) (by popular demand).
Anyway, on a serious note, I hope and trust you have some good roads over there Telford way and will be keen to here your thoughts on it in the bad weather and I am sure you are happy you chose the all year goodyear tyres!!
Congrats..... count the looks you get, BUT remember they are for the car and not the driver...least until I get one haha
Hi, it took me a while to get out of the showroom because I was trying to get the seat in a position for me. The Ye Oldie guy with little hair spoiling the picture of the car is me im afraid. I chose the spec of my car as I liked the look of the Emira that toured the uk dealers, apart from the black pack. The interior is the same though.

Yes, I got plenty of looks driving Emira on Saturday. I had the same with the Caterhams and S2 Elise. So got accustomed to it. Also being asked question at fuel stations

I'm afraid it wasn't all selfless, Silverstone have a lovely Exige 380 I wanted to go and drool over. I recently cancelled my Emira and went for an Exige instead, so also wanted to check them out as a servicing dealer as they've been recommended by many.
IMG_1587.jpg

Have to say the Emira looked superb in the dealer and even better out on the road, it has great presence and looks very special with the front DRLs on. As everyone has already said to death, the fit and finish particularly inside the car is mighty impressive on these customer cars. Funnily enough, at the first set of traffic lights we stopped at, a few chaps in the lane next to me were falling over themselves to take pictures of Scruff (or his car🤔). I don't even think he noticed!

I'm afraid it wasn't all selfless, Silverstone have a lovely Exige 380 I wanted to go and drool over. I recently cancelled my Emira and went for an Exige instead, so also wanted to check them out as a servicing dealer as they've been recommended by many.
View attachment 20377

Have to say the Emira looked superb in the dealer and even better out on the road, it has great presence and looks very special with the front DRLs on. As everyone has already said to death, the fit and finish particularly inside the car is mighty impressive on these customer cars. Funnily enough, at the first set of traffic lights we stopped at, a few chaps in the lane next to me were falling over themselves to take pictures of Scruff (or his car🤔). I don't even think he noticed!
Are you going to buy that Exige 380 at Silverstone? Certainly looks the business 👌