• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Another Happy Customer?

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Too right ... I love it!

Just picked up today from Silverstone Lotus, big thanks to Aimee.

I've never owned a Lotus before, however, after having it for one day I'm super impressed and can't wait to get 1,000 miles on the clock to really let it go. Specification: Nimbus, Touring, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Red Interior and Red Calipers. My current car is a A45 AMG (which I'm keeping) and I’ve not owned a manual car since early 2000's so thought it would be rude not to go for the manual V6 as this ‘maybe’ my last ICE car.

Following my test drive I was a little deflated regarding the power, especially compared to my A45 but having owned the EMIRA for only one day and not even hitting the 4k RPM I'm not let down one bit, stands up to the A45 and plenty fast enough for UK roads. The test drive was a good route but due to conditions, not knowing the roads and not being my car, I was very cautious. I've always been a love of the EMIRA since launch, especially the styling, the fit and finish has come a long way in the past 12 months and have no issues with any seals, alignments or paintwork.

I’m not going to mention the usual stuff, planted to road, etc, etc, you’ve all been on here long enough and watched all the videos out there, one thing I will say, following my test drive I thought 7/10, after owning it for a day, I can’t fault it at the moment, 10/10. (even if I’ve got silver wheel bolts for a few weeks).

One last thing for now, if you get the GardX you get a nice Lotus branded bag full of Gardx goodies!

Attachments

• Emira 2.jpg
    Emira 2.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 651
  • Emira 1.jpg
    Emira 1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 367
  • Emira 5.jpg
    Emira 5.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Emira 4.jpg
    Emira 4.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Bag 1.jpg
    Bag 1.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Bag 2.jpg
    Bag 2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! Look forward to reading more feedback as you cover more miles.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What’s the Gardx package? And what do you mean by “silver wheel bots”?

Absolutely brilliant looking car.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
What’s the Gardx package? And what do you mean by “silver wheel bots”?

GardX is the factory offered ceramic coating. More info in this thread.

The wheels bolts (Emira has wheel bolts instead of of lug nuts) typically match the wheel finish, but apparently the black bolts are on back order so cars with black wheels are getting contrasting silver bolts for now, but should be receiving matching bolts when available.

Reactions: Sid

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations on the car and interesting to read the A45 power comparison. Probably hard to tell at sub 4000rpm (before the real kick happens after that), but I guess the A45 has more torque at the lower end? Weight should be relatively equal?

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks fantastic. Would be great to see some decent detailed pics of the red interior, when you get the chance 👍

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looks great! Congratulations.

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well ordered, Sir. Congratulations, easily my second favourite combination… might even be my first…. As a silver over red Evora owner I needed to have something different, but that looks 10/10

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Too right ... I love it!

I've never owned a Lotus before, however, after having it for one day I'm super impressed and can't wait to get 1,000 miles on the clock to really let it go. Specification: Nimbus, Touring, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Red Interior and Red Calipers. My current car is a A45 AMG (which I'm keeping) and I’ve not owned a manual car since early 2000's so thought it would be rude not to go for the manual V6 as this ‘maybe’ my last ICE car.

Following my test drive I was a little deflated regarding the power, especially compared to my A45 but having owned the EMIRA for only one day and not even hitting the 4k RPM I'm not let down one bit, stands up to the A45 and plenty fast enough for UK roads. The test drive was a good route but due to conditions, not knowing the roads and not being my car, I was very cautious. I've always been a love of the EMIRA since launch, especially the styling, the fit and finish has come a long way in the past 12 months and have no issues with any seals, alignments or paintwork.

I’m not going to mention the usual stuff, planted to road, etc, etc, you’ve all been on here long enough and watched all the videos out there, one thing I will say, following my test drive I thought 7/10, after owning it for a day, I can’t fault it at the moment, 10/10. (even if I’ve got silver wheel bots for a few weeks).

One last thing for now, if you get the GardX you get a nice Lotus branded bag full of Gardx goodies!
Congratulations and enjoy! Looks great and similar spec to my order although I went for the yellow callipers and Alcantara with yellow stitching!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Always great to hear how amazing the Emira is to some people, especially when they already have a comfy, similar powered sports car. Nice pairing actually.

GIN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Congrats and thanks for posting. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the car as you get thru the break in period.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, that's exactly my spec! You are obviously a person with impeccable taste and a refined sense of style.

OP
S

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks fantastic. Would be great to see some decent detailed pics of the red interior, when you get the chance 👍
Attached interior taken at high noon, some in direct sunlight others in the shade. I'm really happy with the colour and quality. They've got the mix of red and black spot on in my opinion, would be too much with the entire doors/dash in red.

Attachments

• Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Interior 3.jpg
    Interior 3.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Interior 4.jpg
    Interior 4.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Interior 5.jpg
    Interior 5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 121
  • Interior 6.jpg
    Interior 6.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Interior 7.jpg
    Interior 7.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 122

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Attached interior taken at high noon, some in direct sunlight others in the shade. I'm really happy with the colour and quality. They've got the mix of red and black spot on in my opinion, would be too much with the entire doors/dash in red.
Red interior really does look fantastic, and like you say just about the right mix of red vs black (although I am coming with a bias as I am going for the red interior too!). The seats look fantastic with those little black inserts and the embossing.

Nimbus really looks great with the black wheels and red callipers and upper black pack too... Great choice 👍

IanO

Reaction score
I saw your car yesterday when I was there for a test drive. Absolutely amazing colour combination. The red seats are spot on, not too bright, not too dark and they work really well with Nimbus. The black park and black wheels work well against the silver and the red callipers just tie it together with the interior. The photos just don’t do it justice, it looks superb. I’m questioning my choice of Magma now but too late as my spec is locked in.

OP
S

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw your car yesterday when I was there for a test drive. Absolutely amazing colour combination. The red seats are spot on, not too bright, not too dark and they work really well with Nimbus. The black park and black wheels work well against the silver and the red callipers just tie it together with the interior. The photos just don’t do it justice, it looks superb. I’m questioning my choice of Magma now but too late as my spec is locked in.
You are 100% correct that photos do not do it justice, not just the nimbus but any colour.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They have a Nimbus with red Interior as a demo car at the factory, had a ride in it last week. Great spec

Clam

Reaction score
Too right ... I love it!

I’m not going to mention the usual stuff, planted to road, etc, etc, you’ve all been on here long enough and watched all the videos out there, one thing I will say, following my test drive I thought 7/10, after owning it for a day, I can’t fault it at the moment, 10/10. (even if I’ve got silver wheel bolts for a few weeks).

Car looks fantastic! Congrats. Is the bag a dealer-specific option?