AMG M139 HP

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
0-60 in 4.3 seconds is still quick, yes its not as quick as some really fast hot hatches or electric teslas. My V8 M3 convertible does it allegedly around 5 seconds and ive never felt the need to accelerate faster to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the overall package. Faster cars get you into trouble much faster....

Honeywell

Reaction score
I will happily trade peak power for a better response/torque profile/driveability etc. I'm also now convinced that there is something called Too Much Power for a road car having tested a Alfa Guilin QV with 510bhp and RWD. Its just silly. It ends up as an exercise in restraint and on my typical B Roads of Powys its simply unnecessary.

As I am likely to keep to Emira i4 forever I also like the idea of an engine in an unstressed level of tune - in twenty years time I still want it running not rebuilding because I wronged an extra 100bhp out of it which I barely ever used.

Of more importance to me is that the i4 has a half decent engine note and thrust the builds consistently through the rev range. I don't want a sudden lump of thrust mid corner at the edge of grip and I don't care about 0-60 times of top speed once you are sub 4.9 seconds and over a ton twenty.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I will happily trade peak power for a better response/torque profile/driveability etc. I'm also now convinced that there is something called Too Much Power for a road car having tested a Alfa Guilin QV with 510bhp and RWD. Its just silly. It ends up as an exercise in restraint and on my typical B Roads of Powys its simply unnecessary.

As I am likely to keep to Emira i4 forever I also like the idea of an engine in an unstressed level of tune - in twenty years time I still want it running not rebuilding because I wronged an extra 100bhp out of it which I barely ever used.

Of more importance to me is that the i4 has a half decent engine note and thrust the builds consistently through the rev range. I don't want a sudden lump of thrust mid corner at the edge of grip and I don't care about 0-60 times of top speed once you are sub 4.9 seconds and over a ton twenty.
I have exactly the same opinion about power except my choice is the V6 manual