All 6 Lotus Emira Colours Side-by-Side, with all the wheels and most interior options.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the much needed video @Evotion

I was late to the game and only placed my Deposit in May this year on a I4. Can't see me collecting the car for at least another 14/15 months at least.....šŸ˜”
Does anyone know how I can change a couple of bits of my spec??
If you're i4 then your spec won't be locked. You can either use the original config link to go in and change then re-save, or call LCC and ask them to update it. The process should mean you get a deadline at some point next year to finalise the spec and pay second deposit.

Reaction score
Fantastic informative video Ade. Thanks so much.
I have been locked in for ages and wouldn't change a thing from my spec.
Magma/Black Pack/Yellow Calipers/Privacy/Tan Leather oh and Auto

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Itā€™s nearly Nov 2022 and Lotus finally allows photography of all 6 colors. Just brilliant comms strategy guys. Way to show that the new Lotus is a world-class operation.
And by an enthusiastic deposit holder rather than a professional photographer commissioned by Lotus (no offence intended to Ade's great work).

When Ade and I were at the factory in January we made the point about the lack of official photos of all the colours - which had previously been promised for Oct (that's 2021 Oct!) and were already overdue. I spoke to Lotus seniors at Goodwood in June and reminded them we were still waiting for pictures of the elusive Dark Verdant . So we now have them, only 12 months after they were originally promised!

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha yeah.

Both myself and Scott were so so keen to get the Verdant showing properly.

Might have been unfair being between the yellow and red as even I forgot it was green from 10 yards away. :D

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. Your enthusiasm shone through! It looked as though the Seneca car had the original yellow calipers whereas Nimbus and Verdant had the new yellow, which matched the wheel centre badge.
I highly prefer the original yellow calipers. It's a much richer color that suits calipers better than the nearly highlighter yellow of the new ones.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, you might be right.
They have changed it after listening to the community!
Some will prefer it as it is now. I have no great opinion on it really.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Evotion Thanks for the vids, great to see so much in same video back to back to back. I've got magma, black wheels, and yellow calipers. I thought about getting black calipers to blend in and just highlight the car like you mentioned but I didn't want to have yet another color to deal with ... the white letters. Thanks again, and now just have to wait until spring delivery.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for making and sharing the videos. Love the enthusiasm too!

I donā€™t know if you have seen BMW ivory or silver stone leather, or Porches pebble leather interior. I was curious if you could compare it to Ice Grey.

My spec is exactly the same as the Seneca Blue in your video.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
šŸ˜³ I did not know you could do this! I can barely remember my order 'spec'. The confirmation email doesn't have any relevant info ...
If you click on the link on the second payment email you got, it takes you there.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus very kindly placed all the cars in a row to help us all see the differences in the colours of the cars plus the different wheel, caliper, black pack and interior options, bar a couple of them. They said it was the first time ever that the cars were together like this!

Bottom line is that the car looks amazing in all of the colours but I was more surprised at the impact of the privacy glass, the calipers and the interior differences.

Hope you find this helpful.

And by an enthusiastic deposit holder rather than a professional photographer commissioned by Lotus (no offence intended to Ade's great work).

When Ade and I were at the factory in January we made the point about the lack of official photos of all the colours - which had previously been promised for Oct (that's 2021 Oct!) and were already overdue. I spoke to Lotus seniors at Goodwood in June and reminded them we were still waiting for pictures of the elusive Dark Verdant . So we now have them, only 12 months after they were originally promised!
Was any explanation offered as why these photos didnā€™t materialise?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was any explanation offered as why these photos didnā€™t materialise?

Reason #1: in Jan - we're about to launch a much better configurator (the now-current one) and that gives a better rendition of what the colours will look like in varied lighting conditions.

Reason #2: Dark Verdant is too hard to photograph and get a realistic impression of what it's like in real life.

Reason #3: at Goodwood 2022 where they had cars in 5 of the 6 colours (not Dark Verdant) so people could see them in real life - we couldn't bring cars in all the colours.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, they are the stand out colours from 2 yards and out :D

The green, close up, is incredible.
When you can see it I agree. My problem is they hid it too well and most of the time the car looks black or muddy. Plus I think the rocks are gunna play hell with the front of this car and that dark color is gunna show 'em off like little white spots...:( Nimbus for me.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When you can see it I agree. My problem is they hid it too well and most of the time the car looks black or muddy. Plus I think the rocks are gunna play hell with the front of this car and that dark color is gunna show 'em off like little white spots...:( Nimbus for me.
DV will definitely need PPF for sure as will the lower black pack.

As for the upper black pack, that will be a nightmare to keep and is another area that will need PPF to preserve one's own sanity.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
DV will definitely need PPF for sure as will the lower black pack.

As for the upper black pack, that will be a nightmare to keep and is another area that will need PPF to preserve one's own sanity.
i had black pack on both my Evoras, I had no problems with swirls or indeed chips etc. in my opinion there is no need to PPF this area, totally overkill. In 10 years apart from a good polish everything was fine. No need to panic on this.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i had black pack on both my Evoras, I had no problems with swirls or indeed chips etc. in my opinion there is no need to PPF this area, totally overkill. In 10 years apart from a good polish everything was fine. No need to panic on this.
That depends on how fussy you are with maintenance together with how soft the paint is. PPF can take much of the stress away.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts