All 6 Lotus Emira Colours Side-by-Side, with all the wheels and most interior options.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well done! This really shows the differences in a way we've never seen before. I know I've ordered DV so maybe I'm a bit biased, but in your video I noticed something I haven't seen before about DV. Yes it's dark and doesn't show off overall shape as well as the other colors do (except Shadow Gray), but DV has something the others don't appear to, at least in your video. DV adds the effect of surface depth, which gives it a bit of mystery. The paint makes surfaces look deep which changes the characteristic of the shape.

I am also so glad I chose no privacy glass, silver wheels, yellow calipers and tan interior. On the DV, it looks super classy. The darkness of the color on the body needs the lighter effect of the wheels and interior, and helps define the overall shape; especially in shadows. The car is going to look amazing at night under the lights at the pump at a gas station; you are so right about that.

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this video; it's something we've needed for a long time.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
AH, ha, you must be happy. It was almost your car I was showing!

Yeah, I was super keen to try and get the green across and, looking at the video, I think I managed to in those later parts. I think there is depth to all the paints. The green is such a tricky one. If it was 25% lighter it might well have been almost impossible not to get it. I;d say it would have got near 50% of the orders.
Alas, it is too dark but in the combo shown it is still epic.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks so much for this video. I’ve ordered/spec’d Magma with lower balk pack only and I’ve now deleted the privacy glass (hopefully won’t affect a delivery date) as a result of your video.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ah, nice one. Did you ask if that affected your due date?
I am glad it helped but I don;t want people to have an even longer wait!

Certainly, that privacy option was too dark and obvious. I never ever specced it and I am personally glad I didn't.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah, nice one. Did you ask if that affected your due date?
I am glad it helped but I don;t want people to have an even longer wait!

Certainly, that privacy option was too dark and obvious. I never ever specced it and I am personally glad I didn't.
Didn’t ask. Just went into the configurator and updated it and re-saved. I was a Sept deposit, so mine will be “next year” anyway.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Didn’t ask. Just went into the configurator and updated it and re-saved. I was a Sept deposit, so mine will be “next year” anyway.
Also, I’ve not worked out why all spec changes would result in a car being later. If you changed the spec to items which were in stock, it would surely bring it forward?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s nearly Nov 2022 and Lotus finally allows photography of all 6 colors. Just brilliant comms strategy guys. Way to show that the new Lotus is a world-class operation.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was glad I was allowed to get some good coverage of the green!

The parts and delay issues will be around for a while and we all hope comms will improve though I guess they only have news when they really have news.

I'd love to see a story board in the form of monthly emails.

e.g.

• Here is the team
  • Here is YOUR car being prepared
  • Handover videos/pics to get us excited
  • More interviews with key staff
  • Special offers

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for these videos @Evotion! I just watched both and really appreciate you covering so many details and capturing these colors and different specs so well. I ordered Seneca, but Nimbus was a close second. Such a cool color, but I feel Seneca is just more exciting.

Was the Seneca Emira in this video a pre-prod car? I noticed the door handle didn't properly close or go back flush to the door after opening.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure that was NOT a fully finished production car.

The full production car I went in smelt different and it was immediately obvious to me that everything was tight and sorted.

FrenchBred

Reaction score
😳 I did not know you could do this! I can barely remember my order 'spec'. The confirmation email doesn't have any relevant info ...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yep, back to the $@#@! configurator.

If you subscribe to the less is more interior design philosophy, show me a better interior than this car.

Exige2000

Reaction score
Lotus very kindly placed all the cars in a row to help us all see the differences in the colours of the cars plus the different wheel, caliper, black pack and interior options, bar a couple of them. They said it was the first time ever that the cars were together like this!

Bottom line is that the car looks amazing in all of the colours but I was more surprised at the impact of the privacy glass, the calipers and the interior differences.

Hope you find this helpful.

Great video and very helpful , slightly painful for me and others who have already committed and dare not change due to delays !!!! Thank you for sharing and please keep up the good work.

g_l9wco

Reaction score
Thanks for the much needed video @Evotion

I was late to the game and only placed my Deposit in May this year on a I4. Can't see me collecting the car for at least another 14/15 months at least.....😔
Does anyone know how I can change a couple of bits of my spec??

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another great video, thanks @Evotion - think it has confirmed that my choice of colours and options is right.

Magma Red with Black Pack, Alcantara seats with Yellow stitching, leather steering wheel, Diamond cut wheels with Yellow calipers

My only concern is the swirling etc on the black pack so may consider getting just this part PPF'd - not sure I can afford to do the whole car.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, just get the roof and mirrors done.

IF you can get to the front and sides then great.

I might have put fear into many which was not my intention. I just know that I approached the drivers door and there was a swirl or scratch I would be badly triggered :rolleyes:

My C63 is black... never again.