Alcantara or Leather

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did read that (leather is more durable if kept conditioned) in at least one of the articles I researched. I have no experience with Alcantara, but I do know that some leather steering wheels get sticky over time.
Ya and leather can also scratch and get worn areas too. Everything will wear with use and lack of upkeep, but I wouldn't discount alcantara solely for fear of wearing out.

The fact that you're even concerned about it tells me you're probably the type of person who cares for their things. 😊

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ya and leather can also scratch and get worn areas too. Everything will wear with use and lack of upkeep, but I wouldn't discount alcantara solely for fear of wearing out.

The fact that you're even concerned about it tells me you're probably the type of person who cares for their things. 😊
You are correct! On leather seats I use Connolly cleaner and Zaino's "Leather-in-a-bottle" (Z-10) which smells exactly like leather. When I sold my 2001 Corvette, the new owner told me it was like sitting in a new car. Every time I drove it to work (2-3 times per week), I covered the car from the intense southern Cal sun . That habit allowed me to get a good price when it was time to sell.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You are correct! On leather seats I use Connolly cleaner and Zaino's "Leather-in-a-bottle" (Z-10) which smells exactly like leather. When I sold my 2001 Corvette, the new owner told me it was like sitting in a new car. Every time I drove it to work (2-3 times per week), I covered the car from the intense southern Cal sun . That habit allowed me to get a good price when it was time to sell.
Ha! A fellow OCD'er! I also enjoy a perfectly maintained vehicle!