• 89E174C1-240A-4E8E-84F8-E8BEA94F6C5E.jpeg
    89E174C1-240A-4E8E-84F8-E8BEA94F6C5E.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 58

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is one good thing to it: You can’t send it back like other online orders, but you probably don‘t lose money on the car either. If you don‘t like it, just sell it for a premium 🤭

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It’s not even Alcantara v Leather…

It’s Alcantara + Leather v just Leather.

Another area where a few marketing pieces (and some real examples) would go a long way to help decide.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It’s not even Alcantara v Leather…

It’s Alcantara + Leather v just Leather.

Another area where a few marketing pieces (and some real examples) would go a long way to help decide.
I was really for full leather. No doubt it's the more premium option. But then I saw the mix of Alcantara Leather in the car and it is a nice balance. Premium feel still and all the performance benefits of Alcantara

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was really for full leather. No doubt it's the more premium option. But then I saw the mix of Alcantara Leather in the car and it is a nice balance. Premium feel still and all the performance benefits of Alcantara
Isn’t the base model leather side bolsters and technical fabric middle?

I do like Alcantara but it’s never worn well in the cars I’ve had it in, for that reason for me it’s Nappa Leather all the way…

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I do like Alcantara but it’s never worn well in the cars I’ve had it in, for that reason for me it’s Nappa Leather all the way…
Same with me Tony, not a good experience with Alcantara, especially on steering wheels.
Anyone know if Lotus is offering a leather steering wheel with the top center marking in colour?
That would be my choice, in Seneca blue.
Leather in my opinion is so much easier to care for.
Plus, don't mention spills.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I think a lot of the time steering wheels and gear knobs have been suede in the past and dont act well with body oils. Same with Alcantara mind but to a lesser degree. Modern Alcantara seems to be fine on seats. Admittedly only ever had a car for 3 years max with it, but looked like new and warm to touch and grippy where you need it most

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am going for the Alcantara interior, BUT, sticking with the leather steering wheel.

I thought about getting the Alcantara steering wheel and putting on my nice leather driving gloves, (because otherwise that steering wheel is going to get nasty really fast) but decided nahhhh that's just a PITA to do every time I want to go for a drive.

Plus, don't mention spills.
My girlfriend once had a Starbucks coffee in her hand and was about to get in my car and I said "WAIT. WHAT IS THAT."

She was upset that she had to drink the entire thing before getting in the car. But it was worth sleeping on the sofa for.

Yep, that was the hill I chose to die on. :LOL:

I have no regrets.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish there weren’t choices. “You can have any interior, as long as it’s leather…”

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am going for the Alcantara interior, BUT, sticking with the leather steering wheel.

I thought about getting the Alcantara steering wheel and putting on my nice leather driving gloves, (because otherwise that steering wheel is going to get nasty really fast) but decided nahhhh that's just a PITA to do every time I want to go for a drive.

My girlfriend once had a Starbucks coffee in her hand and was about to get in my car and I said "WAIT. WHAT IS THAT."

She was upset that she had to drink the entire thing before getting in the car. But it was worth sleeping on the sofa for.

Yep, that was the hill I chose to die on. :LOL:

I have no regrets.
I really don't blame you my friend.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
No one wants to talk about how terrible the leather seats look, huh? I considered going ice leather to brighten things up, but I can't get past the seat design.. At least on tan, red, and ice leather there is that black stripe in the center giving some contrast.

Alcantara for me though. Feels and grips better.. Plus I like having contrast stitching on the dash and as far as I can tell, that only happens with the Alcantara interior.

Attachments

• 06CE028F-A9B5-46CE-8F33-130E22696430.jpeg
    06CE028F-A9B5-46CE-8F33-130E22696430.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 96

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No one wants to talk about how terrible the leather seats look, huh? I considered going ice leather to brighten things up, but I can't get past the seat design.. At least on tan, red, and ice leather there is that black stripe in the center giving some contrast.

Alcantara for me though. Feels and grips better.. Plus I like having contrast stitching on the dash and as far as I can tell, that only happens with the Alcantara interior.
The good thing about the black leather is that it has white stitch contrast I believe

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think a lot of the time steering wheels and gear knobs have been suede in the past and dont act well with body oils. Modern Alcantara seems to be fine on seats. Admittedly only ever had a car for 3 years max with it, but looked like new and warm to touch and grippy where you need it most
It’s funny how many permutations there are to configure on the FE. I suspect you’ve chosen the most favourite option
The good thing about the black leather is that it has white stitch contrast I believe
it does.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It’s funny how many permutations there are to configure on the FE. I suspect you’ve chosen the most favourite option
I REALLY wanted the red leather. Then when I got my 3rd call I panicked as they said I had to lock in the spec there and then. Not ideal as was about to go into a meeting at work. So made decision to play safe with Alcantara red stitch and leather wheel (will get red stitch on this as well) Nothing has been confirmed tho so maybe I will still end up with red leather 🤷 lol