Alarm going off for no reason

Knowing Lotus, if you only asked about the shroud, they will only respond about the shroud. I would suggest asking about both the shroud and the sealing of the fuse box. Otherwise you may not get all the info you need
 
Locked the car this morning - thought I'd see if the alarm would go off before trying to disconnect the battery......

No trigger.... tried a couple of times, no problem, back to normal.

I've emailed Lotus regarding the issue, and when it's not raining I'll look to see if the shroud has been fitted (I've also asked Lotus if they know, presumably they keep a record...)

Will report back if I learn anything new.
If you keep the car locked and disconnect the battery, when you reconnect the alarm will sound no? It does for me. Boy is that alarm piercingly loud
 
If you keep the car locked and disconnect the battery, when you reconnect the alarm will sound no? It does for me. Boy is that alarm piercingly loud
Possibly, I was going to do it with the car unlocked. The alarm is incredibly loud, I had to go grab some ear plugs when I was trying to get it to stop!
 
I had this issue twice in the same day. I unlocked and opened both doors and the boot and shut them solidly. Cleared up and never returned.
 
So little update... still hasn't done this again (but not had another wash yet either!)

Lotus customer support got back in touch: didn't tell me much apart from get it booked in to the dealer.

Called the dealer, it's booked in, but I'm waiting nearly 2 months until they can take a look.

I also asked about previous recalls: they said it should be done at time of service but they can go back and check prior ones.

Also tried to see if I could find the shroud myself but not really sure what I'm looking for! can anyone tell from the video?



Cheers,
Adrian
 
The plastic side panels, and two central covers need removing; rubber shield is under if fitted. Easily seen; it is a "rube goldberg" fix (hope it works) and may need adjusting depending on how good a job was done with initial install/fitting. I adjusted mine.........
 
Mine just went off for the first time in 3 months ownership. Parked up, no one near it.
 
I haven't had it happen again, but I've had various software updates, including the alarm system, done since.

I did just see on FB someone else's went off, not sure if related to the cold weather we've been having?
 
I haven't had it happen again, but I've had various software updates, including the alarm system, done since.

I did just see on FB someone else's went off, not sure if related to the cold weather we've been having?
That’s mine it didn’t do it for an entire 36hrs and has just woke me up at 6am going off… need to get to the bottom of this I have all software updates and can’t keep going through the night being woken up.
 
Thinking out loud here I have a 22 car. The battery is now over 3 years old… maybe it’s just not holding charge… might just get a new battery and report back. 096 AGM looks like the one.
 
Thinking out loud here I have a 22 car. The battery is now over 3 years old… maybe it’s just not holding charge… might just get a new battery and report back. 096 AGM looks like the one.
Stick it on trickle charge first, it that does not stop the alarm going off, its not the battery
 
Stick it on trickle charge first, it that does not stop the alarm going off, its not the battery
Yeah I did for 8hrs then drove for 1.5. That stopped the alarm for 36hrs. Seems year 3 on stock battery is the time it starts to die…
 
I tend to have mine on trickle and it still did it. The only thing thing I could think of at the time was because I'd washed the car and perhaps water got in somewhere. Left it unlocked in the garage overnight and never done it since.. but as I mentioned also had software updates since too. Very odd
 
Did your audible lock sound stop working? Mine hasn’t come back on and I’ve tried everything.
I don't recall noticing anything about the lock sound. I'll have to check for you when I get the car back.
 
This sounds a lot like the problems I had with my old Evora. Alarm went off for no reason. In the end I „solved“ it by removing the alarm loudspeaker and always cancelled the cabin alarm.

I think that is the reason Lotus has introduced a reduced alarm level setting in the Emira…. Did it happen with that turned on or off?
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top