Alarm going off for no reason

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today for no reason at all the alarm has gone off - twice - car just sitting in driveway, no one near it, no wind or anything else which could trigger it. Anyone else had this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Today for no reason at all the alarm has gone off - twice - car just sitting in driveway, no one near it, no wind or anything else which could trigger it. Anyone else had this?

Edit: title meant to say "for no reason" - not "for now reason" .... perhaps a mod could fix my typo for me please
Is your boot closed properly. Give it a good slam.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is your boot closed properly. Give it a good slam.
Yes boot is closed fine, car has been parked up for a few days and not moved, and alarm problem only started today

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the battery dying? I forgot to unlock the car before disconnecting the battery last time and was met with a alarm not being happy about that 😂

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the battery dying? I forgot to unlock the car before disconnecting the battery last time and was met with a alarm not being happy about that 😂
Yes I did wonder that myself as car not moved for a while so have been out and started it up and left it running a good while to give battery a charge, will see if alarm goes off again now.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes I did wonder that myself as car not moved for a while so have been out and started it up and left it running a good while to give battery a charge, will see if alarm goes off again now.
You’ll probably want to run a few miles as idling won’t be charging the battery effectively I think

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You’ll probably want to run a few miles as idling won’t be charging the battery effectively I think
Scorpion tracker app was showing voltage as 12.3v before and 12.6v after I left it running a while, so has made a bit of a difference. If alarm goes off again I will go for a spin instead :)

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am no expert but understand with an alternator, leaving it ticking over is just as efficient as going for a drive. Also being an AGM battery it charges at a different rate than a traditional lead acid battery. If you can, best is to keep it on an intelligent charger that knows about AGM batteries. I think you have posted previously that your car lives outdoors but others on this forum have indicated how they use these types of charger when the car is outside to give a degree of weather protection.