• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Aircon on with full temperature control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you turn the air-con on AND have the heating on at the same time?

I have a air-con max button that overrides all the temp settings.
In the morning I like running the air-con and the heating at the same time as it de-mists perfectly whilst staying warm...

At the moment to demist I can:

1. have the aircon on maximum and freeze
2. have the window open and get similarly cold
3. turn the demist front screen button on and off as its too noisy to leave on the whole time

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you turn the air-con on AND have the heating on at the same time?

I have a air-con max button that overrides all the temp settings.
In the morning I like running the air-con and the heating at the same time as it de-mists perfectly whilst staying warm...

At the moment to demist I can:

1. have the aircon on maximum and freeze
2. have the window open and get similarly cold
3. turn the demist front screen button on and off as its too noisy to leave on the whole time
NOt that it helps, but i found the demist front screen button extremely quick at its job, yes it is noisy but it does the job as fast as the car goes 0-60!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be obvious, but can't you just click one of the windshield direct buttons (one does face/feet/windshield and one 100% windshield), adjust the temp using the left knob to heat, then press the knob to turn on/off the A/C?

Screenshot_20230120_105040.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In auto mode, the AC should be on by default, even if you have the temp adjusted up. Is this not the case with the Emira?

OP
J

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Might be obvious, but can't you just click one of the windshield direct buttons (one does face/feet/windshield and one 100% windshield), adjust the temp using the left knob to heat, then press the knob to turn on/off the A/C?
the more obvious the better.... as the answer is YES YOU CAN!

There's the solution I needed!

I was looking on the main screen and the only aircon button is "max A/C" and that over-rides all the other controls. By doing what you said and controlling the aircon on the manual button and then using the direction controls on the screen you can make it work...

Time to test how effective it is on the way home...

IMG_0739.jpeg

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
on my test drive it was p!ssing down both myself and chaperone were wet getting into the car and the demist did its job faster than anything I ever tried.

As I recall i just pressed the button and whacked the fan to max

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The windshield demist/defog function on almost all modern automotive systems is designed to run the heat and the A/C at the same time, essentially using the A/C as a dryer while heating the airflow. There's no need to manually set or configure heat and A/C independently, that's a thing we needed to do back in the fully manual control days.

The front defrost/demist/defog button looks like this:
Windscreen_defrost.png

The one for the rear window is the same but the icon is rectangular, and uses in-glass heating elements rather than the HVAC. In many cars it the rear defog button also engages the defrost/defog circuit in the side mirrors, or other accessory defrost features.

OP
J

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
the more obvious the better.... as the answer is YES YOU CAN!

There's the solution I needed!

I was looking on the main screen and the only aircon button is "max A/C" and that over-rides all the other controls. By doing what you said and controlling the aircon on the manual button and then using the direction controls on the screen you can make it work...

Time to test how effective it is on the way home...

View attachment 21440
Works perfectly- thanks for correcting my stupidity!

The journey home was warm and cosy and nice and demisted!!!

Car ownership 101… I deserve to still be driving my mark 1 Astra 🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.