HVAC Fan Issue?

nickorette

Reaction score
I tried doing a search, haven't seen anything reported similar?

My HVAC fan only has two settings, off or full blast jet taking off. Moving the dial 1-5 nothing, then 6 max air (7-8 no change, max air already achieved). Heating/Cooling seems to work. Hitting the racecar driver on or off doesn't make any difference. Sometimes if you hit auto it goes into full blast mode as well.

First time having car out. I was on a bit of a road trip, about 3 hours in, at one point the air was "puffing", like full blast for 1 second then off for 3 seconds, until I changed temperature and it went back to not doing anything.

Oh and also I stopped a few times throughout the day, however only on the last stop after locking did the mirrors fold? Is random mirror folding a thing?

Will take to dealer after I get broken in, just thought I'd mention on here in case there was any input from community

SJW

Reaction score
Seems like recall campaign coming to address water ingress into HVAC. Apparently it’s an 8 hour, 2 day fix. Can’t believe Lotus have manufactured so many cars with this fault.

I returned my first Emira to Lotus due to numerous electrical gremlins and paint bubbling. Foolishly, I decided I was unlucky first time round and still loved the design etc so this week bought another newer (but used) Emira with less than 500 miles on clock. 2 days in and HVAC has completely failed.
Currently, feeling pretty stupid for putting more money into another Lotus and no idea when it can be fixed.

If they’ve delivered problem cars to USA they can expect to be inundated with lemon law suits.
Lotus ownership really tests your patience!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

OP
N

nickorette

Reaction score
Update: I heard from dealer it is likely a blower motor -common warranty issue they said. They have on hand and will have one set aside for me when I get the car in post break-in.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update: I heard from dealer it is likely a blower motor -common warranty issue they said. They have on hand and will have one set aside for me when I get the car in post break-in.
It's not the motor, it's the resistor pack. Same as the other HVAC issue. It comes in a variety of symptoms and problems. Mine for example was stuck on a slight breeze IF it worked and went 9000° foot area only.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel for you my Emira has been a pain since I got it and wish I had rejected in April 2023, I have wrongly persevered with it and it still has a heater problem and paint blisters. It is on its 3rd ECU, had complete new HVAC unit fitted then another resister pack, plus numerous visits with other issues to my dealer who have been great. In some ways it is a shame the dealer is so good as I would have rejected the car long ago!!!!
Seems like recall campaign coming to address water ingress into HVAC. Apparently it’s an 8 hour, 2 day fix. Can’t believe Lotus have manufactured so many cars with this fault.

I returned my first Emira to Lotus due to numerous electrical gremlins and paint bubbling. Foolishly, I decided I was unlucky first time round and still loved the design etc so this week bought another newer (but used) Emira with less than 500 miles on clock. 2 days in and HVAC has completely failed.
Currently, feeling pretty stupid for putting more money into another Lotus and no idea when it can be fixed.

If they’ve delivered problem cars to USA they can expect to be inundated with lemon law suits.
Lotus ownership really tests your patience!
, my Emira has

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am waiting for a date to take mine in for the warranty recall but it seems a waste of time because the dealer said there is no fix just a replacement for the part which is likely to fail again. I was told it is a 5-hour job which is dumber than dumb if eventually we will get called back for the final fix.

Not sure if this is part of the same issue but I find the air con is pretty rubbish on low and I will be getting them to investigate this at the same time.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am waiting for a date to take mine in for the warranty recall but it seems a waste of time because the dealer said there is no fix just a replacement for the part which is likely to fail again. I was told it is a 5-hour job which is dumber than dumb if eventually we will get called back for the final fix.

Not sure if this is part of the same issue but I find the air con is pretty rubbish on low and I will be getting them to investigate this at the same time.
I’m hearing the fix is some plastic gutter trim. Is anyone else seeing the same? My dealer said there was a service note.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will never understand how a vehicle made and tested in UK can have so many water ingress issues.
My take is that it is a cultural and psychological thing - they've learned to live with water, to embrace it instead of resisting and trying to keep it out. Be on the lookout for the new double-sided wipers for the front windshield.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My take is that it is a cultural and psychological thing - they've learned to live with water, to embrace it instead of resisting and trying to keep it out. Be on the lookout for the new double-sided wipers for the front windshield.
What a load of rubbish, it is costing Lotus lots of money dealing with this, it is mismanagement which is the problem, they need to fix the problems not keep making temporary fixes for ever and a day. I do not know what profit there is in an Emira but they certainly cannot have made a profit on my pile of sh1t!!!

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a load of rubbish, it is costing Lotus lots of money dealing with this, it is mismanagement which is the problem, they need to fix the problems not keep making temporary fixes for ever and a day. I do not know what profit there is in an Emira but they certainly cannot have made a profit on my pile of sh1t!!!
Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the double-side wipers, but my apologies to you and others who did take offense. Agreed, the Emira is likely costing Lotus/Geely a fortune, and I would not be surprised if they were losing money for each car delivered. As a consumer, I would of course like to see better management of the situation, especially if it affects my car. However, I would not be surprised if they pull the plug on a money-loser...

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the double-side wipers, but my apologies to you and others who did take offense. Agreed, the Emira is likely costing Lotus/Geely a fortune, and I would not be surprised if they were losing money for each car delivered. As a consumer, I would of course like to see better management of the situation, especially if it affects my car. However, I would not be surprised if they pull the plug on a money-loser...
No I wasn't offended, it is just my opinion, but I agree with you that Geely must be looking closely at the UK operation.