• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Air conditioning

Yet again my air conditioning has failed! This is the second time and really is not acceptable on a £85,000 car.
It went to Bell and Colvill because of lots of warning lights showing (inc tyre pressure warning lights and engine warning light) fix was apparently 5 software updates but having collected the car the AC now does not function at all… not even the fan so impossible to drive in wet moist conditions because car completely fogs up.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yet again my air conditioning has failed! This is the second time and really is not acceptable on a £85,000 car.
It went to Bell and Colvill because of lots of warning lights showing (inc tyre pressure warning lights and engine warning light) fix was apparently 5 software updates but having collected the car the AC now does not function at all… not even the fan so impossible to drive in wet moist conditions because car completely fogs up.
That does suck and I bet it’s terrible after washing it, especially if you use a jet washer.
At least it’s something that will get fixed and once all the gremlins have been sorted out you will forget the bad memories and enjoy your great car.

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Take it to your dealer. Mine has the same issue: if I understood correctly, a leak caused by an incorrectly sized rubber gasket makes it lose all the gas used by the AC.

I'm in Japan and the dealer has to wait for the local importer to get the parts from the UK, so for now I'm taking delivery with the AC in this condition and will take it back to the shop once they get the replacement washers. If you're in the UK then it will probably be much easier for you to get this fixed.