Aftermarket exhaust options

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Who are the after market exhaust vendors? What’s everyone’s evora 400 favorite system?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd keep my exhaust system stock apart from the 3rd cat delete.

All 4 companies have good reputations in the Lotus community. Komotec already have an Emira to work on, Larini recently asked for a customer car to borrow to help with their R&D. I assume 2bular and GRP will also be sourcing cars for their R&D. I expect we'll see Emira products launched by all of them during Q1.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like an Italian company called Supersprint got a hold of an Emira from an Italian Lotus dealer and built a exhaust as well as cat delete.

If I remember correctly, Supersprint were the OEM for the Evora / Exige exhausts. Or am I wrong?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has Akrapovič ever made any exhaust systems for Lotus?

I'll likely keep mine stock and just do the 3rd cat delete. I think it sounds fantastic as is and I like the black titanium exhaust finishers. No reason for me to upgrade.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I'll likely keep mine stock and just do the 3rd cat delete. I think it sounds fantastic as is and I like the black titanium exhaust finishers. No reason for me to upgrade.

I am not really even sure about the third cat delete. I might buy it if it is cheap enough just to try it out. From the comparison videos, the cat delete raises the high-frequency output in addition to being louder. I'm not sure if I like it.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, because if they had I definitely would have had one.

Fantastic pieces of work. Had them on many bikes over the years.

Maybe if the Emira does enough numbers, they’ll make an exhaust for it.
And I’ll be first in the queue.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I remember correctly, Supersprint were the OEM for the Evora / Exige exhausts. Or am I wrong?
I thought it was Janspeed.

They were certainly Lotus’ preferred supplier over the years.

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ahh yes you are right! Janspeed it was, I just mixed the two up. @KJD

Reactions: KJD

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For completeness, to add one more to the list, The plack exhaust - quite popular in the US. Noting this is for the Evora and Evora S, so up to 2014, and not 400+

Mark.

Reaction score
Looks like an Italian company called Supersprint got a hold of an Emira from an Italian Lotus dealer and built a exhaust as well as cat delete:

No price and not sure how it sounds.

Looks like there are lambda's after the the cat so wont' be a swap without ECU work ...

442832_web-545482.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have been searching on the Internet to see what the Evora's exhaust looks like and I can't for the life of me figure out where there can be three cats. I see the exhaust manifold has two bumps on them, are these the other two cats, one for each bank?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been searching on the Internet to see what the Evora's exhaust looks like and I can't for the life of me figure out where there can be three cats. I see the exhaust manifold has two bumps on them, are these the other two cats, one for each bank?
Yes each one is attached to each exhaust side bank.

1672754323245.jpeg

1672754379513.png

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like there are lambda's after the the cat so wont' be a swap without ECU work ...
The Supersprint solution uses headers without cats. Therefore you need to have Lambda sensors further downstream behind the new main cat so no CEL will occur. Extension cables are needed then for the lambda sensors. That's the same solution Komo-Tec uses for complete exhaust system on the Evora.

Mark.

Reaction score
The Supersprint solution uses headers without cats. Therefore you need to have Lambda sensors further downstream behind the new main cat so no CEL will occur. Extension cables are needed then for the lambda sensors. That's the same solution Komo-Tec uses for complete exhaust system on the Evora.
Ah, no headers listed for the Emira yet that I can see...