ABS and ESC Issue

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I live in Germany. Bought my Emira 2 weeks ago. It now has 1500 km on the speedometer.
When I went on the "Autobahn" in rain suddenly yellow light went on ABS, ESC and the yellow Alert triangle. It's already in the Lotus garage in Hamburg. Has everyone else similar problems with the electricity? The Emira has got all new software prior to delivery. Thanks for any hints...
Thomas

Attachments

• IMG-20231003-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20231003-WA0026.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hamburg is well-equipped to deal with this and had much time getting to know all the quirks with the help of my car :D
Probably will just end up in a reset.
Should you need a new ECU you can have mine. It's scheduled to be installed next month, so enough time to get a new one

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answer? If I need a new ECU, then I can refer to you? Do you have your car in HH too at the moment? How can we both get together? Can I call you by phone? Greets Thomas

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks a lot for your answer? If I need a new ECU, then I can refer to you? Do you have your car in HH too at the moment? How can we both get together? Can I call you by phone? Greets Thomas
See pm :)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The "in the rain" part may be more relevant than you realize. Could be water in the wiring loom. Make sure you have the dealer check the wiring, particularly to the junction box under the front hood.

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I already told him that I was driving in heavy rain when the issue started... I hope he will check the wiring as you suggested. He told me, they are not allowed to do anything by themselves and have to ask lotus in England for orders. They seem to be very upset about their relationship to the lotus company... 😏

Davide28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
also same problem two moths ago, at 400km!! Lotus Official officine came to take the car, fix the problem (They said they replaced a bad connector and updated the ECU). f

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Thanks for your comment. I hope lotus will find the problem on my car. Unfortunately the garage cannot do anything without involving Lotus/England. This takes time... I try to stay optimistic...

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for your comment. I hope lotus will find the problem on my car. Unfortunately the garage cannot do anything without involving Lotus/England. This takes time... I try to stay optimistic...
Hi Tom, what was the issue in the end? I’ve the same now.. sticks around even after a battery disconnect. No DTCs thrown either.. :(

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Hi. My Emira was brought to Sportivo Leipzig in october 23. They immediately found the reason for ABS and ESC issue. It was the magnetic ring for the ABS sensor at the left rear wheel that caused failure... It was replaced and from there on I never had problems again, but to tell the truth, in winter I don't use the car. But I hope the problem won't arise any more.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m glad you got it fixed quickly Tom and all issues help build a data base for faster repairs.
I’ve only had mine 3 months and it’ is always raining when I want to drive but so far no issues.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi. My Emira was brought to Sportivo Leipzig in october 23. They immediately found the reason for ABS and ESC issue. It was the magnetic ring for the ABS sensor at the left rear wheel that caused failure... It was replaced and from there on I never had problems again, but to tell the truth, in winter I don't use the car. But I hope the problem won't arise any more.
I figured or was probably a wheel sensor since the issue stuck this time.. had it in my early kilometers once bit vanished on itself.

OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
I figured or was probably a wheel sensor since the issue stuck this time.. had it in my early kilometers once bit vanished on itself.
Did you get your problem fixed?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you get your problem fixed?
It reset on my way to the dealer :cautious: Still went to get sw updated and errors read, but dealer hat internet troubles. Without internet Lotus Insight tool won’t do anything, not even read codes. Didn’t have time to get it checked again since

Last edited:
OP
Tom's Emira

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
It reset on my way to the dealer :cautious: Still went to get sw updated and errors read, but dealer hat internet troubles. Without internet Lotus Insight tool won’t do anything, not even read codes. Didn’t habe time to get it checked again since
Please let us/me know when you know what was the problem.

Greenest Ever i4

Reaction score
I got my brand new Emira i4 last week (april 18). After 150 km, on saturday (after two days), it was immobilized: it remained in P: "push brake to move shift-leaver". It showed the amber brakes-warning light. The dealer came to collect it, after 4 days, they still have no clue, ... I'll suggest thinking about the magnetic ABS ring. Thanks. ESC light was on as well.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got my brand new Emira i4 last week (april 18). After 150 km, on saturday (after two days), it was immobilized: it remained in P: "push brake to move shift-leaver". It showed the amber brakes-warning light. The dealer came to collect it, after 4 days, they still have no clue, ... I'll suggest thinking about the magnetic ABS ring. Thanks. ESC light was on as well.
ESC uses the same sensors, so you're probably not too far off with your ABS ring guess. I had that issue two times and it always sorted itself after 15-20kms. Maybe tell them just to drive it (if able, I got a manual V6). Seems like they are kinda prone to dirt or something. Neatly follows the water issues. It's almost like they never tested the cars, but who am I to guess..

SJW

Reaction score
rumour has it there will be a new recall/update re water ingress into the wiring loom relays and or HVAC system. unclear if it will be a general recall or will only be applied to those cars currently exhibiting problems but i think the problem will be a matter of when it occurs Vs if it occurs. some cars garaged and not driven in rain etc

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
rumour has it there will be a new recall/update re water ingress into the wiring loom relays and or HVAC system. unclear if it will be a general recall or will only be applied to those cars currently exhibiting problems but i think the problem will be a matter of when it occurs Vs if it occurs. some cars garaged and not driven in rain etc
What a miss. I wonder if there is anything owners can do to check if they have a problem or proactively address it?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I heard from my service agent that there is a shield to be fitted......