ABS and ESC Issue

Do it as long as you’re in warranty. Don’t be gentle. It’s a car, it should handle it.
Better find out now than when you’re on the hook for it
Warranty runs for three years, I had the car for 2 days, so, I am still confident.
 
Hm, I just got this error. Obd2 scan says it’s the left rear wheel sensor. Taking it to the dealer Monday and hopefully it’s an easy and quick fix
 
Hm, I just got this error. Obd2 scan says it’s the left rear wheel sensor. Taking it to the dealer Monday and hopefully it’s an easy and quick fix
Drive it for 20-30min before you go on a big trip to your dealer. It might clear itself.
They used a cooper based lubricant on the wheels and they will interfere with the wheel sensor from time to time. Usually it stops after it happened once or twice.
It's an obligatory item on the service schedule now to clean the sensors, that's what they will do now if you choose to pull up anyways
 
Drive it for 20-30min before you go on a big trip to your dealer. It might clear itself.
They used a cooper based lubricant on the wheels and they will interfere with the wheel sensor from time to time. Usually it stops after it happened once or twice.
It's an obligatory item on the service schedule now to clean the sensors, that's what they will do now if you choose to pull up anyways
Ah thanks for the heads up, my dealer is only 10 minutes away from me so it’s no big deal to drop it off
 
Hm, I just got this error. Obd2 scan says it’s the left rear wheel sensor. Taking it to the dealer Monday and hopefully it’s an easy and quick fix
@Milk242 what happened with the wheel speed sensor? Every time I’m on track, after the brakes get hot, I get a message warning me traction control not available or something along those lines. It will fix itself quickly if I let the brakes cool for just a short time. Never happens on the road.
 
@Milk242 what happened with the wheel speed sensor? Every time I’m on track, after the brakes get hot, I get a message warning me traction control not available or something along those lines. It will fix itself quickly if I let the brakes cool for just a short time. Never happens on the road.
All they did was clean the sensors and after that I upgraded to low brake dust ceramic pads
 
All they did was clean the sensors and after that I upgraded to low brake dust ceramic pads
My sensors were cleaned. I’ve upgraded my discs, have race fluid, have track pads fitted front/rear and fitted JUBU brake ducts. My brakes are working reasonably well now, but still getting this warning. The warning does clear pretty quick though.
 
Following, mine never went away either. I'm debating purchasing new speed sensors before going the dealer route. However, I never had a look at these rings this thread is referencing. Maybe I'll take a gander there first.
 
Also, check the wheel speed tone ring, which the ABS system uses to detect slip per wheel. Excessive brake dust build-up can interfere with the hall effect sensor that reads the teeth of the tone ring. Clean the sensor and the tone ring and see if it solves it.
 
Also, check the wheel speed tone ring, which the ABS system uses to detect slip per wheel. Excessive brake dust build-up can interfere with the hall effect sensor that reads the teeth of the tone ring. Clean the sensor and the tone ring and see if it solves it.
I'm assuming the ring is in the back side of the hub, right? (not the wheel itself obviously?)
 
It’s this as @Kimmax said “issue. It was the magnetic ring for the ABS sensor at the left rear wheel that caused failure... I”. Mine had it immediately after a service. There is a service bulletin somewhere that says the dealers need to clean those at each service.
 
Is there a pic of this piece? I had the speed sensor warning after I installed my new Aerie wheels several weeks ago. I stopped and the restarted car and it never came back on.
 
Is there a pic of this piece? I had the speed sensor warning after I installed my new Aerie wheels several weeks ago. I stopped and the restarted car and it never came back on.
From the Service manual...
tempImagelg68Uc.webp
 
So where is the abs ring? The above service manual says to clear error using the lotus insight tool. ....why? Is there a fault everytime u unplug the sensor?
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top