600 PS?

VS_emira

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just come across the jubu website and they already propose a 600 PS Motor tuning.

Ps: this page is unfortunately not available in English

Just curious has anybody experience with jubu performance?

Cheers

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
English translation:

On the JUBU Exige | Evora 600 performance kit, the standard Toyota/Lotus V6 engine of your vehicle is completely rebuilt, many engine components (pistons, connecting rods, etc.) as well as critical peripherals (cooling system, etc.) are replaced by specially developed, more robust and motorsport-tested components or comprehensively revised. We also install a larger compressor and a very powerful charge air cooling system as well as a freely programmable high-performance ECU.

The power of 600 hp does not pose a problem for the stability of the engine with this kit, since all built-in components were basically designed and tested for power of over 700 hp (e.g.: JP ZERO with 750 hp).

We install the performance kit in OEM quality, i.e. all standard functions of the vehicle are fully retained. Visually, only the larger compressor and the carbon airbox catch the eye. Thanks to the careful coordination of components and software, even starting and cold or idling in a vehicle with the JUBU Exige | Evora 600 performance kit similar to a production car. The suitability for everyday use is fully retained despite the full-fledged racing engine.

Benefits and Advantages
  • Durable power increase from 350/380/390/400/410/430 hp to 600 hp
  • Completely rebuilt, robust racing engine (pistons, connecting rods, bearings, etc.)
  • Completely revised, robust peripherals (compressor, cooling, etc.)
  • OEM quality (functional, optical, cold start and idle, etc.)
  • Full suitability for everyday use despite the newly built racing engine
  • Moderate boost pressure of approx. 0.73 bar
  • Very low intake air temperatures (only approx. 20° C above ambient temperature)
  • Proven technology (which works without the use of an OBD scanner)
  • Motorsport optics and sound through the built-in carbon airbox, otherwise we attach great importance to OEM optics (e.g. we only use black, highly flexible silicone hoses)
Product Details

• High-quality parts or components
  • Large Harrop TVS 1900 state of the art supercharger system with integrated intercooler network and intake manifold (similar to Exige 410 Sport or Evora 400 - but with even larger compressor and intercooler)
  • The large water/charger air cooler in the front of the vehicle has the same area as the water cooler for the engine circuit (however, this is around 20 mm thinner)
  • By beefing up or replacing internal engine components, the engine or substructure is made durable for performances of up to +700 hp.
  • The difference in price compared to the competition results on the one hand from the quality of the components, the more complex software development and the careful manufacture of many of the built-in components in Austria.
  • Syvec's high-performance ECU including adapter box with specially tuned software as a plug & play kit
  • The software was developed by JUBU engineers, carefully fine-tuning each vehicle

Suitable for

• All Exige S3 models
  • All Evora models
  • 3 Eleven
  • Emira V6
Scope of Delivery

• CNC machining of the cylinder heads (intake and exhaust ports, seat rings and valve guides - JUBU Spec)
  • JUBU valve set 2GR-FE with INCONEL exhaust valves
  • JUBU sports camshafts 600 (1 set)
  • JUBU upgrade valve springs with JUBU steel valve spring retainers
  • ARP cylinder head studs
  • JUBU CP Carillo forged pistons with rings and pins
  • JUBU steel connecting rod CP Carillo with high-strength screws
  • JUBU upgrade connecting rod bearings
  • Modification of the main bearings and the axial bearing
  • JUBU Spec Harrop TVS 1900 high-performance compressor system with integrated intercooler network and intake manifold
  • JUBU Spec charge air cooling system complete including cooler in the front of the vehicle. Piping with highly flexible, black silicone hoses
  • Aluminum expansion tank for charge air cooling (black coated)
  • Update and adaptation of the original belt drive
  • Bosch electric water pump
  • JUBU Spec aluminum charge air water tank
  • Carbon air box with washable sports air filter
  • 2 pcs. JUBU stainless steel headers (handmade in Austria)
  • JUBU stainless steel downpipe (handmade in Austria)
  • HD HJS Sportkat in stainless steel plug&play (handmade in Austria)
  • Changed compressor ratio and moderate increase in boost pressure
  • JUBU Spec Throttle (600hp) in exchange
  • Modification of the valve or camshaft drive
  • JUBU Syvecs Plug & play ECU Kit (fully integrated, freely programmable control - all CAN and vehicle systems work without restriction)
  • All gaskets required for the conversion including both head gaskets and the valve stem gaskets
  • 2 pcs exhaust manifold gaskets
  • JUBU upgrade tension and deflection pulleys 2GR-FE (set)
  • Installation and fine adjustment (software adjustment) on the test bench
  • Performance measurement with diagram and video
  • Sticker set "Exige 600" or "Evora 600"

Options

• JUBU fuel catch tank system with Bosch Motorsport fuel pump and Bosch Motorsport fuel pressure regulator (integral system)
  • Surcharge for Evora (surcharge and additional work and material costs) +1590€
  • Heat protection insulation with Kevlar wrapping tape (minimum requirement for use on the track)
  • Premium heat protection insulation for the exhaust system (OEM level)
  • V-Band clamp option. High-quality permanently gas-tight clamps replace the exhaust flanges and their seals. Super professional but unfortunately not cheap, so we don't use it in large series. A must have for every motorsport enthusiast! Transition manifold to Y-pipe (2 pieces) Y-pipe to Sportkat (1 piece)
Tech tip:

Attention: A suitable ESD and the use of high-quality fuel (min. 98+ octane) are mandatory.

Furthermore, the use of an engine lid without a rear window and additional cooling openings are necessary.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No mention of the transmission requiring beefed up components, perhaps that’s a service that they offer as well.

Arsalan

Reaction score
English translation:

On the JUBU Exige | Evora 600 performance kit, the standard Toyota/Lotus V6 engine of your vehicle is completely rebuilt, many engine components (pistons, connecting rods, etc.) as well as critical peripherals (cooling system, etc.) are replaced by specially developed, more robust and motorsport-tested components or comprehensively revised. We also install a larger compressor and a very powerful charge air cooling system as well as a freely programmable high-performance ECU.

The power of 600 hp does not pose a problem for the stability of the engine with this kit, since all built-in components were basically designed and tested for power of over 700 hp (e.g.: JP ZERO with 750 hp).

We install the performance kit in OEM quality, i.e. all standard functions of the vehicle are fully retained. Visually, only the larger compressor and the carbon airbox catch the eye. Thanks to the careful coordination of components and software, even starting and cold or idling in a vehicle with the JUBU Exige | Evora 600 performance kit similar to a production car. The suitability for everyday use is fully retained despite the full-fledged racing engine.

Benefits and Advantages
  • Durable power increase from 350/380/390/400/410/430 hp to 600 hp
  • Completely rebuilt, robust racing engine (pistons, connecting rods, bearings, etc.)
  • Completely revised, robust peripherals (compressor, cooling, etc.)
  • OEM quality (functional, optical, cold start and idle, etc.)
  • Full suitability for everyday use despite the newly built racing engine
  • Moderate boost pressure of approx. 0.73 bar
  • Very low intake air temperatures (only approx. 20° C above ambient temperature)
  • Proven technology (which works without the use of an OBD scanner)
  • Motorsport optics and sound through the built-in carbon airbox, otherwise we attach great importance to OEM optics (e.g. we only use black, highly flexible silicone hoses)
Product Details

• High-quality parts or components
  • Large Harrop TVS 1900 state of the art supercharger system with integrated intercooler network and intake manifold (similar to Exige 410 Sport or Evora 400 - but with even larger compressor and intercooler)
  • The large water/charger air cooler in the front of the vehicle has the same area as the water cooler for the engine circuit (however, this is around 20 mm thinner)
  • By beefing up or replacing internal engine components, the engine or substructure is made durable for performances of up to +700 hp.
  • The difference in price compared to the competition results on the one hand from the quality of the components, the more complex software development and the careful manufacture of many of the built-in components in Austria.
  • Syvec's high-performance ECU including adapter box with specially tuned software as a plug & play kit
  • The software was developed by JUBU engineers, carefully fine-tuning each vehicle

Suitable for

• All Exige S3 models
  • All Evora models
  • 3 Eleven
  • Emira V6
Scope of Delivery

• CNC machining of the cylinder heads (intake and exhaust ports, seat rings and valve guides - JUBU Spec)
  • JUBU valve set 2GR-FE with INCONEL exhaust valves
  • JUBU sports camshafts 600 (1 set)
  • JUBU upgrade valve springs with JUBU steel valve spring retainers
  • ARP cylinder head studs
  • JUBU CP Carillo forged pistons with rings and pins
  • JUBU steel connecting rod CP Carillo with high-strength screws
  • JUBU upgrade connecting rod bearings
  • Modification of the main bearings and the axial bearing
  • JUBU Spec Harrop TVS 1900 high-performance compressor system with integrated intercooler network and intake manifold
  • JUBU Spec charge air cooling system complete including cooler in the front of the vehicle. Piping with highly flexible, black silicone hoses
  • Aluminum expansion tank for charge air cooling (black coated)
  • Update and adaptation of the original belt drive
  • Bosch electric water pump
  • JUBU Spec aluminum charge air water tank
  • Carbon air box with washable sports air filter
  • 2 pcs. JUBU stainless steel headers (handmade in Austria)
  • JUBU stainless steel downpipe (handmade in Austria)
  • HD HJS Sportkat in stainless steel plug&play (handmade in Austria)
  • Changed compressor ratio and moderate increase in boost pressure
  • JUBU Spec Throttle (600hp) in exchange
  • Modification of the valve or camshaft drive
  • JUBU Syvecs Plug & play ECU Kit (fully integrated, freely programmable control - all CAN and vehicle systems work without restriction)
  • All gaskets required for the conversion including both head gaskets and the valve stem gaskets
  • 2 pcs exhaust manifold gaskets
  • JUBU upgrade tension and deflection pulleys 2GR-FE (set)
  • Installation and fine adjustment (software adjustment) on the test bench
  • Performance measurement with diagram and video
  • Sticker set "Exige 600" or "Evora 600"

Options

• JUBU fuel catch tank system with Bosch Motorsport fuel pump and Bosch Motorsport fuel pressure regulator (integral system)
  • Surcharge for Evora (surcharge and additional work and material costs) +1590€
  • Heat protection insulation with Kevlar wrapping tape (minimum requirement for use on the track)
  • Premium heat protection insulation for the exhaust system (OEM level)
  • V-Band clamp option. High-quality permanently gas-tight clamps replace the exhaust flanges and their seals. Super professional but unfortunately not cheap, so we don't use it in large series. A must have for every motorsport enthusiast! Transition manifold to Y-pipe (2 pieces) Y-pipe to Sportkat (1 piece)
Tech tip:

Attention: A suitable ESD and the use of high-quality fuel (min. 98+ octane) are mandatory.

Furthermore, the use of an engine lid without a rear window and additional cooling openings are necessary.
How much does it cost?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How much does it cost?
If you click the link in the first post you can see the price

1645662262187.png

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Holly shit! That ain’t cheap
Looks like it's a whole new engine in the original cast parts (crank case, cylinder block, etc.), and the price reflects that. Wish I could afford something like that.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fully re-built engine but no changes to clutch or gearbox - I'm very surprised. JUBU also do a DCT gearbox for the V6, which I'd heard about before. It's the first time I've seen about this 600hp upgrade.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One flip side of the relative lack of exclusivity of the Emira compared to previous Lotus models is that the far larger production numbers should ensure a really health aftermarket for tuning parts and conversions. 400bhp is probably enough for me for road use, but I'm fascinated to see what the tuners come up with. Within a year to 18 months, I expect we are at least going to see a 600bhp V6 Emira from Jubu, a 470+bhp one from Komotec, and a 500+bhp i4 from Litchfield. No doubt some others in the US too. Should be fun to watch :cool:

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
And engine swaps?
My 16 year old son would have a '2JZ' in mine in a flash if he could. Being old I don't claim to get the JDM scene but I fully support his enthusiasm for it. It wouldn't surprise me to see someone turn an Emira into an extreme drift car. All manner of ludicrous unimaginable things have been done to a GR Yaris - just look at this video.

Perhaps this chap, will get one. His '1200hp 4 Rotor' engine car is attending Festival of Speed this year. I only know because my beyond excited son told me it was announced yesterday.

Personally I'll be happy if there are production Emiras in all 6 colours to see!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One flip side of the relative lack of exclusivity of the Emira compared to previous Lotus models is that the far larger production numbers should ensure a really health aftermarket for tuning parts and conversions. 400bhp is probably enough for me for road use, but I'm fascinated to see what the tuners come up with. Within a year to 18 months, I expect we are at least going to see a 600bhp V6 Emira from Jubu, a 470+bhp one from Komotec, and a 500+bhp i4 from Litchfield. No doubt some others in the US too. Should be fun to watch :cool:
I agree, the greater number of cars and the AMG engine will make it more attractive for tuners. I'm also expecting a wide range of other aftermarket things including performance-related and cosmetic. I know people are already working on carbon bits.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Way too expensive to be practical for most people but interesting to see. At about £15k I reckon you’d get a few takers for the ultimate lotus V6.

With a bit of work you’d probably get the AMG motor close to 550bhp - that’s where the smart money’ll be.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Radford uploaded their first vid today on their new YouTube channel and gave a high level overview of JUBU's involvement at this timestamp. Also mentions a new 6-speed gearbox w/ LSD.

Excellent video - inspiring, exciting - and those liveries! Superb halo brand for Lotus to have around.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
$45k is insane (not to mention having to ship your Emira to Austria). I can build that engine myself for less than $10k... and the 2GR-FE already features a forged crank and connecting rods.

Removing the rear hatch glass is an interesting requirement. I'm curious to see how well the turbo amg Emira manages to stay cool.. Though Porsche seemed to do ok with a fully covered 2.5T.

Screenshot_20220706-170652_Chrome.jpg

OUI131

Reaction score
$45k is insane (not to mention having to ship your Emira to Austria). I can build that engine myself for less than $10k... and the 2GR-FE already features a forged crank and connecting rods.

Removing the rear hatch glass is an interesting requirement. I'm curious to see how well the turbo amg Emira manages to stay cool.. Though Porsche seemed to do ok with a fully covered 2.5T.

View attachment 7214
At $20k i am your first customer 😀