3rd Cat Delete Pipe

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, and probably.
I plan on doing it sometime. Undecided on the material --- titanium or stainless steel...

1stLotus

Reaction score
what’s the estimated time to replace the 3rd cat if doing it yourself?

HeReigns

Reaction score
Definitely yes. I have the Miltek exhaust with 3rd cat delete pipe and it runs fine with no errors or warning lights coming on.
Is the sound improvement worth it to you? I know it greatly improved the Evora GT in the US.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the sound improvement worth it to you? I know it greatly improved the Evora GT in the US.
Yes the sound is way better and none of the YouTube videos give aftermarket exhaust’s the credit they deserve compared to real life. I am sure several exhaust options sound good I’ve not heard others in person.
The Miltek exhaust isn’t a high pitched scream but louder, great rumble on gear changes and coming off the throttle. Not one person that has been in car hasn’t noticed the change and commented how good it sounds. It’s also a sound you can live with on a long drive because it’s a nice sound and not just like having the volume turned up.
It took my installer 2 hours to do the work so maybe less to just do the decay pipe although I can’t say for sure because I don’t know if the main silencer part needs removing to get to it. Either way 2 hours is nothing. I would have attempted this myself and after seeing it apart it didn’t look difficult but you need to get underneath and I don’t think axle stands is enough even if you can jack it up. Worth paying the labour price for me but maybe not if it was going to be a long job.

HeReigns

Reaction score
Yes the sound is way better and none of the YouTube videos give aftermarket exhaust’s the credit they deserve compared to real life. I am sure several exhaust options sound good I’ve not heard others in person.
The Miltek exhaust isn’t a high pitched scream but louder, great rumble on gear changes and coming off the throttle. Not one person that has been in car hasn’t noticed the change and commented how good it sounds. It’s also a sound you can live with on a long drive because it’s a nice sound and not just like having the volume turned up.
It took my installer 2 hours to do the work so maybe less to just do the decay pipe although I can’t say for sure because I don’t know if the main silencer part needs removing to get to it. Either way 2 hours is nothing. I would have attempted this myself and after seeing it apart it didn’t look difficult but you need to get underneath and I don’t think axle stands is enough even if you can jack it up. Worth paying the labour price for me but maybe not if it was going to be a long job.
Great info! Thank you. I'm debating just doing the 3rd cat delete or that plus an exhaust.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can 100% replace just the third cat for some better sound and a little better performance with no codes etc.
Those are "un monitored" so the ecu doesnt know the difference.
We have been swapping them out for years on the Evora's with zero issues.
It takes about 1 hr or less to swap by a experienced tech.

Check out our decats! They are in stock and ready to ship.
GRP Decat

HeReigns

Reaction score
You can 100% replace just the third cat for some better sound and a little better performance with no codes etc.
Those are "un monitored" so the ecu doesnt know the difference.
We have been swapping them out for years on the Evora's with zero issues.
It takes about 1 hr or less to swap by a experienced tech.

Check out our decats! They are in stock and ready to ship.
GRP Decat
I will be ordering yours. I'm hoping it gives a similar volume to the Evora gt. I take it you're not waiting to finish the break in before you install your aftermarket parts.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will be ordering yours. I'm hoping it gives a similar volume to the Evora gt. I take it you're not waiting to finish the break in before you install your aftermarket parts.
Thank you!
No need to finish break in to install the decat pipe, exhaust etc, still drive it as advised by the owners manual though.
Enjoy the added exhaust note!

Last edited: