~30 HP more power and a tad more nimbleness?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't own one of these badboys yet.
It should come early summer.

But when I get it, I feel I will want to mod it.. conservatively.

First off,

I'd like to get at least 30 horses more out of her, possibly 50 more.

Is this the most promising tune to get 30 more HP?

And would it require special gas here in USA?

Secondly, I feel this car will handle great with its hydraulic steering, but I really want a super sharp nimble car.
Are there any mods that will sharpen it up a bit more?

Lastly, does the MIlltek exhaust add any more HP ?

Thanks a ton

Last edited:

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
JUBU has several options depending on how much you wanna spend.

98 RON in EU is equivalent to 93 octane (AKI) in the US so you should be fine.

Have you driven the car? What chassis option did you go with? Sport chassis with PSC2 tires is already pretty dart-ey.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Cilantro

Yowsers they have a 530 upgrade on there now. Damn.

-

Yes i have driven it.
I think I drove the Touring chassis.

I got the Sport with the Goodyears.
Kinda wish I had the PSC2s

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think with the Komotec upgrade you have to take it to them, so not really available for rest of the world at this stage.

I‘ve got sport chassis and Goodyears and find it a great combination.

You could always get another set of lightweight wheels and stick cup 2s on that set for trackdays etc. (which is what I’ll probably do).

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks Cilantro

Yowsers they have a 530 upgrade on there now. Damn.

Yeah the 500 and above are engine rebuilds.

The 460 is interesting, you get a standalone ECU, 460hp tune, headers, an air filter, a high flow cat and a €1100 discount if not installing locally. 20% VAT is also already included in the price so it would be even cheaper once that is removed (although I’m sure we’d have to pay import duty when shipping to the US)

For the hf cat, I think they delete the OEM ones from the headers and replace them with a single unit further downstream at the Y pipe.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The main question I have (although I wouldn’t do any engine mods while the car is in warranty) is that we constantly hear that the gearbox is the weak link.

What can you do to make it more robust if it’s suddenly having to handle 460hp / 490Nm?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
JUBU has several options depending on how much you wanna spend.

98 RON in EU is equivalent to 93 octane (AKI) in the US so you should be fine.

Have you driven the car? What chassis option did you go with? Sport chassis with PSC2 tires is already pretty dart-ey.
I reached out to them regarding the 435 kit and received a pretty underwhelming response.

No answer regarding emissions testing, and nothing about whether octane boosters would help. They do imply that 91 octane available locally wouldn't get it done though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221-051812.png
    Screenshot_20231221-051812.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 64

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been looking at the JUBU 435 tune/kit as well, but $6k is a little steep to get there. I'm coming from the BMW world where you could buy a software tuning license for $600 and do everything pretty easily yourself. I'm hoping another option stateside might become available. I'm not looking for anything beyond just a simple wake-up to the stock ECU.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been looking at the JUBU 435 tune/kit as well, but $6k is a little steep to get there. I'm coming from the BMW world where you could buy a software tuning license for $600 and do everything pretty easily yourself. I'm hoping another option stateside might become available. I'm not looking for anything beyond just a simple wake-up to the stock ECU.

Extracting more power out of a mechanically driven supercharger was never going to be as easy as an electronically controlled wastegate turbocharger.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Extracting more power out of a mechanically driven supercharger was never going to be as easy as an electronically controlled wastegate turbocharger.
Although, the 3.0 TSFI engines from Audi over the last 10+ years all have relatively inexpensive mods (APR, 034 Motorsport) that simply change one or both pulleys and update the ECU. Maybe the N/A compression on the Audi is lower to start with and so adding boost by itself is safe and reliable, whereas the 2GR FE + Edelbrock blower is near it's limits and therefor a simple pulley change isn't responsible?

Please let us know if anyone has a firm knowledge of why the Evora didn't have a slew of aftermarket pulley diameter options. (And not just because they would be harder to access... 😁)