• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

2025 Model Year Emira?

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm when Lotus typically moves from one model year to the next and/or when the Emira 2025 models will start rolling off the assembly line?

I recognize they could theoretically start 2025 model year cars on Jan 1 2024, but most car companies don’t make the switch until later in the year.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can anyone confirm when Lotus typically moves from one model year to the next and/or when the Emira 2025 models will start rolling off the assembly line?

I recognize they could theoretically start 2025 model year cars on Jan 1 2024, but most car companies don’t make the switch until later in the year.
Lotus has promised the delayed Auto V6 FE and I4 FE cars will be 2025, but they won't start producing those until later. I am guessing they will continue to make 2024 cars for a few more months into 2024. Just a guess though. We can monitor the NHTSA website for 2025 vin decoder document submission, which would signal the start of 2025 car importation into the US.

Falcouver

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
The more important question is - what will be the updates for the 2025 model year and when will we hear about them? Should start hearing rumblings much sooner than the actual 2025 production timeline during 2024.

Just because North America didnt get its cars till 2024 doesnt mean the model trim/features remain stagnant as UK was getting their cars since 2022. Unrelated to production delays between different transmissions/engines - In 2023 we got the FE 1.0. in 2024 we got the FE 2.0 globally.

What updates are we going to get for the 2025 MY? Any confirmed fixes to common reliability issues? Will it be just the switch to the Base models from FE? No special editions in its 3rd year? Even 4th year considering its 2022 launch in Europe. If no updates for the 2025 MY - that would be anti-climactic for the global market.

I dont count 2022 as a proper model year but if we count that too, 2025 will be Emira's 4th model year already, ignoring the initial production issues. We should expect and push Lotus as consumers to improve the reliability by this time. Along with exciting new features, editions and colours to keep the model fresh, globally.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus has promised the delayed Auto V6 FE and I4 FE cars will be 2025, but they won't start producing those until later. I am guessing they will continue to make 2024 cars for a few more months into 2024. Just a guess though. We can monitor the NHTSA website for 2025 vin decoder document submission, which would signal the start of 2025 car importation into the US.
They are definitely producing the i4 and V6 auto cars right now, but I guess just not being delivered yet.