• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Your perfect 3 Car garage

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No way break it down for the rick

1) Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
£91,000 (plus some options £100k)

2) Porsche 992 GT3 Touring manual £145,000 with paint to sample

3) Morgan Super 3 £55,000 with options

If you are going to complain about the £ gaining a little on the $ I will just take em all std 😉😂

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
BUatoDFgTQWmCNxcaaOY

090-alpine-a110-r-alonso-front.jpg

Lotus-Emira.jpg

OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
1) Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
£91,000 (plus some options £100k)

2) Porsche 992 GT3 Touring manual £145,000 with paint to sample

3) Morgan Super 3 £55,000 with options

If you are going to complain about the £ gaining a little on the $ I will just take em all std 😉😂
we will let it stand haha - good line up. -although I don't think you can get a GT3 for MSRP ;)

JPSpecial

Reaction score
Surprised at so many Porsches in these dream garages but clearly Lotus is attracting its intended target market with the Emira.

Quite like the idea of the latest Audi RS3 as a daily car currently.

I’d add a K-series Caterham R500 which will take my total to about £90k. That leaves £210k for a nearly new McLaren 720S.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Realistically
Emira - Daily/Weekend fun
Boxster S - Summer Sun - The Mrs won’t give this one up so it has to be there
F90 M5 - Family duties - I test drove one of these a few weeks ago as I no longer need a diesel mile muncher. It is amazing piece of kit. Felt so much smaller and more nimble than its actual size and weight. Plus you can have a massage while doing 0-60 in 3 seconds!

Less realistically in a world where work is not a thing I need to worry about
Radical SR8 - track
Huracan Spider - to enjoy the V10
Range Rover - to float around in comfort and tow the Radical
Might be stretching the 300k there though

OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Surprised at so many Porsches in these dream garages but clearly Lotus is attracting its intended target market with the Emira.

Quite like the idea of the latest Audi RS3 as a daily car currently.

I’d add a K-series Caterham R500 which will take my total to about £90k. That leaves £210k for a nearly new McLaren 720S.
I thought the same... but in the end I am not surprised. Also the 300K ceiling leaves a limited amount of new cars, and Porsche has always been known as one of the best attainable sports cars...(well if we consider 100-150K cars attainable)

I am surprised that so many left out the Emira's / Lotus' altogether, considering it's a Lotus forum :ROFLMAO:. Still waiting on @TomE, @NicolasB, @VL3X, @digilotus , and of course our very own provocateur @emiraspain + many others.... It is interesting to see everyone's different opinions.

Last edited:

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I thought the same... but in the end I am not surprised. Also the 300K ceiling leaves a limited amount of new cars, and Porsche has always been known as the best attainable sports cars...(well if we consider 100-150K cars attainable)

I am surprised that so many left out the Emira's / Lotus' altogether, considering it's a Lotus forum :ROFLMAO:. Still waiting on @TomE, @NicolasB, @VL3X and of course our very own provocateur @emiraspain + many others.... It is interesting to see everyone's different opinions.
I thought the same about the lack of Lotus' in dream garages and I'm guilty as well. However, since I haven't driven one yet, I just can't say it's a "dream" yet. There's some stiff competition out there and though the Emira is a dream to look at for sure, at this point in time, I went with ones I have closer experience with.

If money was not limited for this imaginary dream garage, an 812 Superfast is my ultimate dream.

OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought the same about the lack of Lotus' in dream garages and I'm guilty as well. However, since I haven't driven one yet, I just can't say it's a "dream" yet. There's some stiff competition out there and though the Emira is a dream to look at for sure, at this point in time, I went with ones I have closer experience with.

If money was not limited for this imaginary dream garage, an 812 Superfast is my ultimate dream.
I hear ya and can't disagree.... Yes if there wasn't a cap limit we would be seeing a lot more Ferrari/Mclaren/Bugatti/Pagani etc. But this makes it a bit more fun and challenging. Nonetheless very interesting.

As @JPSpecial said, Lotus has certainly attracted the demographic it was hoping for.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I hear ya and can't disagree.... Yes if there wasn't a cap limit we would be seeing a lot more Ferrari/Mclaren/Bugatti/Pagani etc. But this makes it a bit more fun and challenging. Nonetheless very interesting.

As @JPSpecial said, Lotus has certainly attracted the demographic it was hoping for.
Totally agree with you! It's funny because $300k is a pipe dream to most. Instead of increasing that budget, we should halve it and see what people select!

OP
L

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Totally agree with you! It's funny because $300k is a pipe dream to most. Instead of increasing that budget, we should halve it and see what people select!
3 cars for 150K.... That would be pretty difficult, for me it would very quickly turn into "my perfect two car garage" hahaha

LotusFan

Reaction score
This is my ultimate 3 car garage - NSX, Maserati MC20, and Emira.
Already have NSX, deposit on Emira. Trying to see if I can afford a MC20 in addition to what I have without having to get rid of other cars I have, LOL.

Attachments

• lotus MC20 - NSX s.jpg
    lotus MC20 - NSX s.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 28

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a tough one for me.. Even without the age and price limit... But I'll give it a shot.

First I'd want a 3 car garage. 😂 And my actual 3 vehicles are pretty great IMO. I have my MK7 GTI that's lightly modified enough to have fun on the street and track, but also gets 36+MPG. My wife has a 2020 MK7 GLI. And the Emira should be here the spring. What would make that garage perfect would be if I could sell my GTI and get a SUV for camping and hauling stuff I guess. I work remote and rarely drive my GTI. I don't know how I'm justifying buying the Emira and keeping the GTI. I'll likely end up getting rid of it even though it's super reliable and the perfect versitile daily driver IMO.

So, back to the original dream garage under $300k... Off the top of my head I'd go with:

• V6 manual Emira for the engaging exotic sportscar
  • Audi RS3 or Lexus ISF500 for my daily. The RS3 is probably the more exciting of the two, but my dad worked for Lexus for 20 years and my family always owned various models and they've been reliable.
  • Toyota 4Runner or Subaru Forester or something. I owned a couple Forester XTs and loved them. I haven't done much research on modern SUVs though.. Maybe one of those fancy Porsche SUVs since I'll have ~$150k leftover to spend.
Bump that price limit up a bit and I'd probably go Emira, Huracan Technica, and Macan or something. Either way, the Emira is in the dream garage. It's beautiful and engaging and special.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a tough one for me.. Even without the age and price limit... But I'll give it a shot.

First I'd want a 3 car garage. 😂 And my actual 3 vehicles are pretty great IMO. I have my MK7 GTI that's lightly modified enough to have fun on the street and track, but also gets 36+MPG. My wife has a 2020 MK7 GLI. And the Emira should be here the spring. What would make that garage perfect would be if I could sell my GTI and get a SUV for camping and hauling stuff I guess. I work remote and rarely drive my GTI. I don't know how I'm justifying buying the Emira and keeping the GTI. I'll likely end up getting rid of it even though it's super reliable and the perfect versitile daily driver IMO.

So, back to the original dream garage under $300k... Off the top of my head I'd go with:

• V6 manual Emira for the engaging exotic sportscar
  • Audi RS3 or Lexus ISF500 for my daily. The RS3 is probably the more exciting of the two, but my dad worked for Lexus for 20 years and my family always owned various models and they've been reliable.
  • Toyota 4Runner or Subaru Forester or something. I owned a couple Forester XTs and loved them. I haven't done much research on modern SUVs though.. Maybe one of those fancy Porsche SUVs since I'll have ~$150k leftover to spend.
Bump that price limit up a bit and I'd probably go Emira, Huracan Technica, and Macan or something. Either way, the Emira is in the dream garage. It's beautiful and engaging and special.

I just remembered the Porsche GT4 RS is ~$145k MSRP. If I could actually get one without ADM, I'd have one of those for sure. Plus the Emira and then some ~$50k SUV.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Daily:
Performance Model 3 (been driving mine for 4+ years w/ $15k in mods to make it more engaging and "OEM plus" and it's still unbeatable as a fun daily IMO)

Weekend:
Emira V6 Manual

Track:
Ariel Atom 4 w/ full carbon aero package

*If money were no object I'd replace the Emira with a 991 GT3 manual and the Atom with a 992 GT3RS with Weissach Package

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Daily:
Performance Model 3 (been driving mine for 4+ years w/ $15k in mods to make it more engaging and "OEM plus" and it's still unbeatable as a fun daily IMO)

Weekend:
Emira V6 Manual

Track:
Ariel Atom 4 w/ full carbon aero package

*If money were no object I'd replace the Emira with a 991 GT3 manual and the Atom with a 992 GT3RS with Weissach Package
What mods on the Tesla? I don't really know much about EV tuning