Wonky centre screen

Johnda1

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I've had my car since 21st April. I love it, however, a few thing have now raised their ugly heads. I didn't pay much attention to it as It didn't really bother me, but since checking out a few other Emiras at Goodwood last weekend I now realise my centre screen is definitely wonky! OK, I know it's only a mm or two but it is now messing with my OCD. I'm sure it is adjustable but I'm hoping it's not a 'dash out' job. Does anyone know?I know I'm being fussy but from the drivers seat it is accentuated and almost appears that it's angled away from me. What does everyone think?

Attachments

• 20230717_154724.jpg
    20230717_154724.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 20230717_154750.jpg
    20230717_154750.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 230

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it is exactly as you see it. I raised this issue with Lotus when I had mine. Like you say, it is only set back a few mm on the passenger side but this is enough to noticeably tilt away from the driver. I was loaned a demo for a week and the screen in it was much squarer on and made mine look even worse when I got it back.
This issue was lower priority than some of the other issues I was raising at the time and as I didn't end up keeping the car I never pushed Lotus to see what they would do to resolve it.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What you got was a left hand drive car's screen installed in a right hand drive car.
Is this a serious comment or a joke? I can see it going either way as that sounds like a real possibility :oops:

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just looked at mine, its straight. Definitely shouldn't look like yours.

They’ve fitted seat belts the wrong way round and the wrong suspension and black pack on some cars. Wrong screen orientation is entirely possible.
How can you check which suspension you have? My belts are twisted, booked it in, and they will sort that out in a few weeks. Odd bug to have!

Yousef

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I've had my car since 21st April. I love it, however, a few thing have now raised their ugly heads. I didn't pay much attention to it as It didn't really bother me, but since checking out a few other Emiras at Goodwood last weekend I now realise my centre screen is definitely wonky! OK, I know it's only a mm or two but it is now messing with my OCD. I'm sure it is adjustable but I'm hoping it's not a 'dash out' job. Does anyone know?I know I'm being fussy but from the drivers seat it is accentuated and almost appears that it's angled away from me. What does everyone think?
What if your screen was in the right place and the rest of the vehicles were wrong?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just looked at mine, its straight. Definitely shouldn't look like yours.

How can you check which suspension you have? My belts are twisted, booked it in, and they will sort that out in a few weeks. Odd bug to have!
You should be able to see the bottom end of the damper behind the wheel. It has a label saying “Sport” or “Tour” and the part number also has an S or a T.

6a8b3c8e-293f-4066-a35d-61788a9a8462-jpeg.26905

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You should be able to see the bottom end of the damper behind the wheel. It has a label saying “Sport” or “Tour” and the part number also has an S or a T.

6a8b3c8e-293f-4066-a35d-61788a9a8462-jpeg.26905
Thanks, I’ll have a check. I test drove touring, but was so long ago I forget what it felt like. My car feels stiff, but then, south Bristol roads are horrific tbf