❔ QUESTION Centre caps

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've gone for yellow calipers and I'm pretty sure the colour won't match the wheel centre caps ... That's going to really bug me!
Are the lotus centre caps just plastic ones so just replace them with something else?
Or Perhaps stainless bushed steel centre nuts?
Anyone replaced lotus caps before?
Thanks!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This has been mentioned on forum before, worth a search through previous posts. Someone was discussing replacing with ones like this

1643321551045.png

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
But if you change the center caps then it won't match the front emblem. Or do we not care? I guess it depends on the overall color scheme...

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you look at the photos of the blue car in China, you’ll see they changed the yellow calipers to match the wheel badge. I’m guessing they realised the mistake from our very early forum discussions. Or just common sense.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But if you change the center caps then it won't match the front emblem. Or do we not care? I guess it depends on the overall color scheme...
Oh, the irony, and present-day obsession of making sure that everything is colour matched! No one batted an eyelid when Lotus launched the Exige S RGB in 2010 with a monochrome Lotus badge on the front and coloured centre caps. Yes, Lotus also produced the RGB in Solar Yellow! :D

Watch this:

Don't worry I too am in that boat, and have purchased monochrome wheel centres, but haven't got around to fitting them to #138 yet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh, the irony, and present-day obsession of making sure that everything is colour matched! No one batted an eyelid when Lotus launched the Exige S RGB in 2010 with a monochrome Lotus badge on the front and coloured centre caps. Yes, Lotus also produced the RGB in Solar Yellow! :D

Watch this:

Don't worry I too am in that boat, and have purchased monochrome wheel centres, but haven't got around to fitting them to #138. :rolleyes:
We must all be very careful here.
Changing the centre caps might invalidate the warranty! 😜

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you look at the photos of the blue car in China, you’ll see they changed the yellow calipers to match the wheel badge. I’m guessing they realised the mistake from our very early forum discussions. Or just common sense.
Hopefully! I've emailed CS anyway.. they probably think these annoying OCD customers!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've gone for yellow calipers and I'm pretty sure the colour won't match the wheel centre caps ... That's going to really bug me!
Are the lotus centre caps just plastic ones so just replace them with something else?
Or Perhaps stainless bushed steel centre nuts?
Anyone replaced lotus caps before?
Thanks!
There will be plenty of aftermarket options on switching the centre caps and nose badge to black versions. The Emira nose badge is a different size to previous ones, so we need to wait for someone to do the black version.

It also irks me that none of the brake caliper colors match the FE colors
That's apparently deliberate, they are supposed to contrast not match so you'd do red calipers with Hethel Yellow etc. And they're a simple solid colour with a gloss finish, not metallic.

Don't rely on anything you see on the Shanghai cars, they are not production and several things are wrong such as caliper colours and wheel finishes.

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's apparently deliberate, they are supposed to contrast not match so you'd do red calipers with Hethel Yellow etc. And they're a simple solid colour with a gloss finish, not metallic.
That's an odd decision when it comes to yellow, if you look at other famous sports car makes especially one that begins with F they match the yellow calipers to the hub cap and logo ... as you would :)

Attachments

• centre_cap.jpg
    centre_cap.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 35

Golfer1971

Reaction score
I'm also waiting for the Emira to come to check exactly the badges (centre caps and nose badge) to replace it against black ones. Especially for the nose badge I would like to have one made from carbon like you can see in my avatar here on.
For the centre caps I'm still not sure, because I've chosen black alloys. And because black on black I don't like so much. Any ideas?
My color I ordered is Hethel yellow and because the yellow for the calipers is different I've gone with red calipers.
So ... it looks like we all need to wait until the first Emiras will be out.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's an odd decision when it comes to yellow, if you look at other famous sports car makes especially one that begins with F they match the yellow calipers to the hub cap and logo ... as you would :)
Not odd, just different. Russell Carr and Donato Coco have different approaches to design despite having worked together. The Lotus design team have stated their intent is for calipers to be a contrast to the body colour.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the centre badges should be available from a well known designer, maybe Versace or coco Chanel.Maybe lotus could do an open day at hethel where we can see them being fitted , obviously at an additional cost, with an array of materials available from carbon fibre to rhino horn for the more PC of us 😀

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the centre badges should be available from a well known designer, maybe Versace or coco Chanel.Maybe lotus could do an open day at hethel where we can see them being fitted , obviously at an additional cost, with an array of materials available from carbon fibre to rhino horn for the more PC of us 😀
I go giddy at the thought of brushed stainless steel, plastic is just so Primark

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There will be plenty of aftermarket options on switching the centre caps and nose badge to black versions. The Emira nose badge is a different size to previous ones, so we need to wait for someone to do the black version.

Don't rely on anything you see on the Shanghai cars, they are not production and several things are wrong such as caliper colours and wheel finishes.
But the Magma Red with Yellow calipers reminds me of McDonalds, and you know how us Americans feel about ol Ronald

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The Emira nose badge is a different size to previous ones, so we need to wait for someone to do the black version.

In the Carfection video Russell Carr says the production nose emblems will be bigger and more "jeweled." Is this your understanding and have you heard/seen anything about this?