Wind noise

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did anyone experience any wind noise above 50mph? If yes, where is it from? Window seal or maybe wing mirror??

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Did anyone experience any wind noise above 50mph? If yes, where is it from? Window seal or maybe wing mirror??
Have u got wind noise? If so check the door window seal is seated correctly.
Again this wasn't done when car was in transit mode on the Central demo car. And someone had to come out to seat it correctly (just pushed in I believe)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Does beg the question are Lotus following up with new owners after a week or two that things are ok with their cars, I'm presuming it won't happen.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Have u got wind noise? If so check the door window seal is seated correctly.
Again this wasn't done when car was in transit mode on the Central demo car. And someone had to come out to seat it correctly (just pushed in I believe)
Yes. Thank you for this info 🙏

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does beg the question are Lotus following up with new owners after a week or two that things are ok with their cars, I'm presuming it won't happen.

You aren't right. They (manufacturer) emailed me 4 weeks after delivery with a maybe 15-questions-survey. 👍Communication with my dealer is optimal too, he asked more times if everything is ok.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You aren't right. They (manufacturer) emailed me 4 weeks after delivery with a maybe 15-questions-survey. 👍Communication with my dealer is optimal too, he asked more times if everything is ok.
can we have an insight to the questions? Would be interesting to know..

remember your dealer model is very different to the UK one, they make more money and have more responsibility for sales and after sales.

Im glad you got a survey, thats one step, but its a 10 step process and we would only see how well the other 9 steps go if you put some negatives down..and even then we may never know.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
can we have an insight to the questions? Would be interesting to know..

remember your dealer model is very different to the UK one, they make more money and have more responsibility for sales and after sales.

Im glad you got a survey, thats one step, but its a 10 step process and we would only see how well the other 9 steps go if you put some negatives down..and even then we may never know.

Unfortunately I don't remember all the questions. The topics are:
- satisfaction with the order process (quite easy in the Czech Republic as everything has been communicated with your friendly dealer)
- satisfaction with the agent / dealer
- satisfaction with your new car
- if there already were some problems with the car, satisfaction with your dealer when solving them
- upload section for photos / videos (y) - you can upload some persistent problem points, they want to know if you already asked your dealer to solve the problems or not
- your all over opinion, if you would recommend Lotus / your dealer / Emira as the model to your friends / relatives

Normal survey as expected, the only plus point was the upload section - you get the feeling that they want take care of your problems ;)

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Based on general service seen to date I’d say that’s extremely unlikely….

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has any noticed a wind noise at high speed? you might not notice in ‘Sport mode’ as there is too much else going on. I think it’s from the door seal. Is this issue unique to my car? I can hear it on driver and passenger side. I’ve tried folding in the mirrors so see if that improved things, which it didn’t.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has any noticed a wind noise at high speed? you might not notice in ‘Sport mode’ as there is too much else going on. I think it’s from the door seal. Is this issue unique to my car? I can hear it on driver and passenger side. I’ve tried folding in the mirrors so see if that improved things, which it didn’t.
Have you tried the window stop reset?

EDD727AF-7D56-4498-B50C-6915B52C3A14.png

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a wind noise at high speeds? Please can people on a test drive listen out?
wind noise on car I tested today, looks like door window not sealing or pressing into seal sufficiently. Dropped both windows down and closed but no difference. Same as in my Evora400 which had seals replaced but still an issue. I think it maybe a door location issue. Good luck in getting it sorted, I never did. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
wind noise on car I tested today, looks like door window not sealing or pressing into seal sufficiently. Dropped both windows down and closed but no difference. Same as in my Evora400 which had seals replaced but still an issue. I think it maybe a door location issue. Good luck in getting it sorted, I never did. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thank you for the info. I’ve advised CS of the issue but explained I don’t want to book in until there is a fix. I don’t want to make loads of journeys back and forth trying to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I’ve advised CS of the issue but explained I don’t want to book in until there is a fix. I don’t want to make loads of journeys back and forth trying to resolve the issue.
If it continues after replacing seals, Sounds more like a door adjustment problem