Will there be a different color engine cover?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was thinking -- it might be kind of fun to have a different colored engine cover

Something like the image below.

Will something like this eventually be available for the emira?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s not too hard to remove and powder coat
But what color? Body color? Something iconic?

I did a mountain bike fork and that was great. Matched the downtube decal
PXL_20220908_222853768.jpg

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The company that did my ppf asked if I was thinking of painting the cover and said they can do any colour in heat proof paint. Sadly my came with the tinted glass so not sure it’s worth it or not? Also I have yellow callipers and stitching and I’m torn to whether it would look good or not.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The company that did my ppf asked if I was thinking of painting the cover and said they can do any colour in heat proof paint. Sadly my came with the tinted glass so not sure it’s worth it or not? Also I have yellow callipers and stitching and I’m torn to whether it would look good or not.
I think it will look great in yellow if you have the whole calipers/stitching yellow. It might be the best way to see the engine better through the privacy window.
If you are going to do it, I recommend you double check about the warranty with your dealer.
If you decide to do it outside Lotus, you might void the warranty. Once you pull out the supercharger cover to do the powder coating, you will have to replace the gasket/seal.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

@andreino14 from Italy already did it to his. Here ya go

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I would paint mine red... maybe with brake caliper paint?

I also have privacy glass and think the faint red underneath would look great.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would paint mine red... maybe with brake caliper paint?

I also have privacy glass and think the faint red underneath would look great.
Personally I would have preferred red calipers but everything else fitted my wish list and I didn’t want to pay 18k more for 2000 miles less on a new one.

Rudi

Reaction score
Kann jemand die Temperatur der Abdeckung messen, wenn der Motor läuft ?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Kann jemand die Temperatur der Abdeckung messen, wenn der Motor läuft ?
Lucky we have translate on Google 😁
Can someone measure the temperature of the cover when the engine is running

I will collect a temp sensor from work this week and check it when it’s at a high temp.

Does anyone know where the oil temperature is shown?

Rudi

Reaction score
Ich habe 4 professionelle Autolackierbetriebe in meiner Nähe gefragt, alle sagten das Gleiche ... sie wollen die Arbeit nicht machen, verschiedene Gründe : schlechte Erfahrungen mit dem Lack von Bremsen, der Lack hält nicht länger an ... und so weiter ...

Deshalb bevorzuge ich Pulverbeschichtung.

Da ich immer noch die Originalabdeckung haben möchte, habe ich mir eine Abdeckung von EXIGE Motor geholt... sieht gleich groß aus und hat die gleichen Bohrlöcher... Ja... nur anders scheint das V6-Symbol zu fehlen... für mich... ist es in Ordnung , weil ich einen anderen Aufkleber anstelle des V6 möchte ...

Könnte jemand bestätigen, dass beide Hüllen die gleichen Größen haben?
Teilenummer: A132E0166H

Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung.
Rudi

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Betreffs: ................Ich habe 4 professionelle Autolackierbetriebe in meiner Nähe gefragt, alle sagten das Gleiche ... sie wollen die Arbeit nicht machen, verschiedene Gründe : schlechte Erfahrungen mit dem Lack von Bremsen, der Lack hält nicht länger an ... und so weiter ...........
Meines Erachtens und nach meiner Erfahrung......größter Unsinn.......die wollen nur einfache Aufträge.
Ich habe damals in 2021 mit meinem neuen Evora GT 410 Sport IPS das gleiche selber gemacht...es war relativ einfach aber wohl etwas Arbeit........wie gesagt bei Temperaturen von 60-70 Grad C. hält sich der Schrumpflack und Klarlack Oberschicht tadellos.......ich hab schon mehrere tausen Km damit gefahren......so schön wie vor ein paar Jahren. (Siehe Bericht unten)
Übrigens hat den alten / schwarzen Deckel keine Klarlack Beschichtung wodurch das freiliegend Aluminium "LOTUS" auf Dauer oxidiert........den neuen roten Schrumpflack Deckel ist für immer geschützt.
Tip: Den Kompressor Deckeldichtung kann'st Du ohne weiteres wieder verwenden, dichtet wieder völlig ab.
mfG, Rudi Wolven

Previous Black wrinkle paint cover
1697997632033-png.1351903

Red wrinkle paint sprayed cover
1697997723367-png.1351905

IMG-20210430-150157.jpg

1) Took off the cover ......the steel / plastic gasket can be reused conform the Lotus importer.
2) Sanded the (black) cover slightly between the LOTUS trade mark and the rest of the cover with a kind of "scotch-brite" sanding pad
3) Cleaning with brake cleaner fluid
4) Several layers with red wrinkle paint VHT SP 204......also over the Lotus trade mark
5) Baked in kitchen oven 1 hr at 110 degr. C.
6) Carefully scraped off the still soft paint off the Lotus trade mark with a kind of wide Stanley knife blade; works asthonishingly easy and clean, without scrapes.
7) Sanded / polished the blank aluminium with min. 400 grit paper on flat block sanding hand tool
8) Several layers of 2 component (2K) matt clear coat.......the Lotus alu trade mark now is covered against corrosion and the entire cover better against moisture; wrinkle effect remains.
PAINTS:

• VHT Wrinkle Plus™ Coatings -- High Heat Coatings
  • Eastwood 2K Aerospray Clear Coat Matte & High-Gloss (MATTE FINISH !) (for USA; for Europe VHT)

125040263-3475501599233709-5914598451298417092-n.jpg

Last edited:

308tr6

Reaction score
The painted engine cover looks great. I think it would look good on most cars if it were painted to match the exterior color of the car, especially with a carbon surround.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The painted engine cover looks great. I think it would look good on most cars if it were painted to match the exterior color of the car, especially with a carbon surround.
Maybe not on my Nimbus Grey. 😂