❔ QUESTION How is it different in person? What surprised you?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When you see one of these bad boys in person, what surprised you? Does it look even better?
I think its gotta be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When you see one of these bad boys in person, what surprised you? Does it look even better?
It surprised me how wide it is in person. It has an incredible presence, and the tapered greenhouse gives it a very pronounced horizontal surface across the top of the rear fenders. Super exotic looking, even more than in pictures.

PXL_20211211_181925801.jpg

Rear hatch is popped in this photo, which is why it's not flush, but you can see the top of the fender here I hope. For some reason many of the pro photo angles don't capture how wide and strongly horizontal this is. Similar to some Lamborghini or McLaren rear fenders.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice n wide. Awesome

God that looks sick.
Which color is that? The darkest gray?
I am thinking of that color or the green. The green seems more humble and unique and classy and full of character.. but shit, that color looks badass.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’d seen so many pictures and videos that I’d say looks wise it was very much what I was expecting. Size and proportions wise it comps with Porsche but better looking, kinda think of a Porsche mated with a Ferrari. Width of rear tyres stood out more in person.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’d seen so many pictures and videos that I’d say looks wise it was very much what I was expecting. Size and proportions wise it comps with Porsche but better looking, kinda think of a Porsche mated with a Ferrari. Width of rear tyres stood out more in person.
But its smaller than a 911 and more like Cayman size, right?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I first test drove one, I thought it was going to be extremely similar to the Evora. IMO, they are very different. The lines, curves, overall feel is different. The dealer had a couple of Evoras sitting there so it was easy to tell how different.

Also, the first one I saw wasn't in the color I spec'd. It still looked great, but after I saw one in my color in the sun when we toured the Hethel factory, I was blown away! Like a lot of cars, you need to see one in person.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks even better in person than in pics/videos... The shape, the lines... One of the best proportioned and best looking cars... At any price point... Ever. The details in the headlights are amazing.

Looks wider than it actually is (probably a consequence of the shape and low roof).

Steering wheel didn't feel as weird as I thought it might.

Most of the colours look different in person than in pics too, tbh.

Most obvious negative for me, the headrests on the seats stick out too much, for tall drivers (I am 6ft 2in), you can feel it on your shoulders.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice n wide. Awesome

God that looks sick.
Which color is that? The darkest gray?
I am thinking of that color or the green. The green seems more humble and unique and classy and full of character.. but shit, that color looks badass.
That is Shadow Gray. That's my photo, it was actually the original dynamic prototype car that Jenson Button drove for the initial reveal, then at Goodwood, and later at Laguna Seca when it was taken around the US in late 2021. That's when I saw it, they stopped in New Jersey with it and I drove up from DC to take a look.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Everyone who sees my car thinks it looks fantastic. Often mistaken for a Ferrari, but not as long in the nose so arguably even better proportioned.

It’s not aggressive or intimidating in its looks, rather has a stylistic pureness to it that will likely end up as one of the design classics.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The thing that surprised me the most was how great the visibility was compared to the evora, the side mirrors look incredible, they function really well, and the way the side window slants down means you see much more.

Otherwise I was a bit disappointed how “boring” the sills looked carpeted, but I’ll live with it.

The car itself looks amazing and I can’t wait to get mine. First batch of US deliveries.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The thing that surprised me the most was how great the visibility was compared to the evora, the side mirrors look incredible, they function really well, and the way the side window slants down means you see much more.

Otherwise I was a bit disappointed how “boring” the sills looked carpeted, but I’ll live with it.

The car itself looks amazing and I can’t wait to get mine. First batch of US deliveries.
Totally agree, better visibility than any other sports car I’ve been from the fairly short hood and visual of the arches to the side windows, also I don’t usually drive with the windows down but I did during my test drive and there’s way less wind buffeting than any other car I’ve been in with windows down.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It has serious presence in person. It looks very exotic, and “substantial”. Also I saw one coming toward me on the opposite side of the motorway on the way to Hethel. I was literally driving there to see the Emira and the car I saw coming, the light signature, shape and presence grabbed my eye as something exotic but my initial thought was McLaren or other supercar. Only when I got closer did I really it was actually an Emira. It’s the width that does it. Especially as a ratio to its height.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m always surprised when I see the Emira it’s a beautiful car, I’m fortunate to live within 10miles of Lotus Kent so whenever I get a spare moment I call by to see what current Stock or customer cars they have. I have seen all colours in most specs since the launch and they are all amazing looking. My build is due Q2 2024 and weirdly I’m enjoying the wait.

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After 4 months I still sometimes laugh out loud when I drive it. That was the me reason I bought it, over many other choices. And it still happens. I thought it would wear off, but it doesn’t get old.

Visually, the back looks a lot more impressive in person, I wasn’t impressed with how it looked in pictures, but in person it looks wide, mean, beautiful. Mua.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The sharp crease leading to the top of the rear air intake is my highlight. Glancing in the side mirror is a joy to behold. Visibility forward is a surprise how good it is. The acceleration is also a surprise compared to my test drive. It’s early days but feels so useable.