will emiras still go over msrp in the US?

Vampyre

Reaction score
This is easy to answer, same on all the high end car forums.

If you want an Emira, the prices are tanking and they will be free in 6 months because no one want one.

Or

If you have an Emira or one on order, the prices are holding well and will go up when the base is released.

carry on...

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is easy to answer, same on all the high end car forums.

If you want an Emira, the prices are tanking and they will be free in 6 months because no one want one.

Or

If you have an Emira or one on order, the prices are holding well and will go up when the base is released.

carry on...
Any idea why the thought of price will increase when base models are released?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No worries, and it’s forgotten on my part.

This particular YouTuber is one of the reasons I jumped on purchasing my Porsche when I did in 2020, and I’m glad I did… I got it for a steal, and could sell it right now for a profit if I wanted, but not planning on that.

If I’ve sounded negative about this car it’s not something I want to be “known for”… I’m actually very excited for this car, having seen it in person and driven it. It’s FANTASTIC. However, the issues with QC is troubling to me, so I tend to post in the problem threads more to ask additional questions.

This Lotus will not be my car… it’s my wife’s allocation, and she was told to expect delivery within 30 days. She’s been waiting since 9/2021, and we’ve had no problem paying MSRP for the V2 she will be getting… I just want her to have an amazing experience. I want to be aware and minimize any headaches with ownership, and so far all the issues that have been brought up in this forum haven’t deterred her. She knows about them all. She’s down. She’s soooo down… and in turn, so am I.

I am a supporter of this car… but that doesn’t mean I will ignore its flaws.
No, it's not a Porsche.
Yes, I owned one.
Yes I used to enjoy a Lotus Esprit. (Note present values).
Yes, it had occasional issues
Yes I now have an Emira that I enjoy more
The Emira has a special personality (plus teething issues)
Your wife will absolutely Love it.
It will retain exclusivity
Please advise if she lets you borrow the key.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Any idea why the thought of price will increase when base models are released?
I have an Emira on order.... so, two factors.

Lotus increased FE2.0 prices because of inflation. They honored the FE1.0 prices. The Base model is their opportunity to increase prices through options pricing.

Depending on demand dealers may apply ADMs like they are doing now with limited success.

If any of these things happen that's good for FE prices in the near term. I'm not really concerned with either. But I think increasing Base+Options just makes business sense.