Will basic tunes increase the 0-60 times.. or not really?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
I am no mechanical genius, so forgive me for this question
But, lets say I tune the car to 460 or even 500 hp with a Jubu or some other tune.
Will it increase the 0-60 times? Or not too much?

Thanks

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi there
I am no mechanical genius, so forgive me for this question
But, lets say I tune the car to 460 or even 500 hp with a Jubu or some other tune.
Will it increase the 0-60 times? Or not too much?

Thanks
Yes it will improve the 0-60 times lol. Keep in mind however that if you go that high you're going to want to beef up the clutch with something like this from Jubu:

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes it will improve the 0-60 times lol. Keep in mind however that if you go that high you're going to want to beef up the clutch with something like this from Jubu:

And to do that to the clutch will require removing the engine, right my friend?

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Or get the i4 with DSG, or better still, get an EV.

I wouldn't want to be launching a relatively high powered manual too many times, for sure!!

You will definitely benefit from in-gear acceleration improvements though.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Tunes usually improve everything and smooth out the powerband while also increasing power. 0-60 could improve, but as others have said, these aren't really 0-60 launch cars. I'd be nice to that clutch and make sure you know what you're doing since it's an expensive wear item to replace.

The turbo AMG dual clutch auto will be quicker off the line. Turbos usually have most their torque down low and the auto will probably have launch control (I should know this). Autos can also benefit from TCU (transmission) tunes which modify shift points and launch control settings based on drive mode. Clamping force can be increased and shift times minimized as well! The TCU DSG tune I flashed on my GTI made a big difference!

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good points.
I have a 992 GTS tuned and its a rocket but launching isn't all that fun after you've done it 20 times or so.
I guess I don't really care about 0-60 as much as just the car pulling harder after a tune..

Liv42day

Reaction score
You're better off focusing on learning to launch your car if you're truly concerned with 0-60 times.

And then saving up for a new clutch and the $8,000 in labor to change it.
Wow! Is it really that much?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good points.
I have a 992 GTS tuned and its a rocket but launching isn't all that fun after you've done it 20 times or so.
I guess I don't really care about 0-60 as much as just the car pulling harder after a tune..
My last car did 0-60 in 2.5 And I hadn’t done it for probably a year before selling it. At the time you are thinking about pulling away fast from a standstill there’s no time to go through the launch procedure. An Emira would have before the launch guys are ready. 😂

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
looks like the Tunes to 500hp aren't Basic yet either. Looks like the ECU chip is $7500, then you probably have to do the clutch job like they said for another $8k.

I could be naive, but I'm used to chips being $400-$800

Maybe there's more cost effective power tunes as the American Market begins shrugs.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
looks like the Tunes to 500hp aren't Basic yet either. Looks like the ECU chip is $7500, then you probably have to do the clutch job like they said for another $8k.

I could be naive, but I'm used to chips being $400-$800

Maybe there's more cost effective power tunes as the American Market begins shrugs.

Flash tunes out there might be a few hundred dollars, piggybacks might be a little more, but this is an entire motorsports ecu replacement they’re offering with all the reverse engineering they did on the existing canbus to duplicate the existing ecu.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
^^^ What kitkat said. This isn't a "chip" , it's a complete stand-alone motorsport engine management system.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
And to do that to the clutch will require removing the engine, right my friend?
Yes, as others have already pointed out.

What you really want is to improve the power to weight ratio, and you can achieve that by "adding lightness" as Colin Chapman famously said. Adding lightness doesn't add any heat or put any strain on the engine and clutch, but it does make the car faster, including quicker off the line and quicker when making a passing move.

The stock P/W ratio is 8.08 (V6 with manual). Changing the battery to the Antigravity battery ($1k) and the exhaust to the @Aerie titanium exhaust ($3k) will remove about 59 lbs of weight, and according to Aerie the exhaust adds about 20 hp although we haven't seen dyno charts yet. Even if it adds just 15 hp, combined with the weight reduction that lowers the P/W ratio to 7.64. That's a nice improvement. The Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio which has a twin turbo V6 with 505 hp has a P/W ratio of 7.54, so just with those two mods you're getting quite close to that. The 2021 Evora GT has a P/W ratio of 7.48 just for comparison.

Take some weight out of the wheels with one of the nice Aerie wheel sets for around $2,700, removing about another 20 lbs, and now you're at a P/W of 7.59. If you want to go even further, the Eventuri intake (I'm guessing around $1k) will be a bit lighter, but the real benefit is it will probably increase the power by about 10 hp, so even if it's just 5 hp, combined with the Aerie exhaust that brings the power to say 420 hp so now we're at a P/W of 7.50.

So for about $8k, you'll have a very quick car with an improved exhaust sound, that handles like its on rails, with no engine mods whatsoever. No heat issues, no tuning issues, and it will be faster everywhere, not just in a straight line.

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
Yes, as others have already pointed out.

What you really want is to improve the power to weight ratio, and you can achieve that by "adding lightness" as Colin Chapman famously said. Adding lightness doesn't add any heat or put any strain on the engine and clutch, but it does make the car faster, including quicker off the line and quicker when making a passing move.

The stock P/W ratio is 8.08 (V6 with manual). Changing the battery to the Antigravity battery ($1k) and the exhaust to the @Aerie titanium exhaust ($3k) will remove about 59 lbs of weight, and according to Aerie the exhaust adds about 20 hp although we haven't seen dyno charts yet. Even if it adds just 15 hp, combined with the weight reduction that lowers the P/W ratio to 7.64. That's a nice improvement. The Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio which has a twin turbo V6 with 505 hp has a P/W ratio of 7.54, so just with those two mods you're getting quite close to that. The 2021 Evora GT has a P/W ratio of 7.48 just for comparison.

Take some weight out of the wheels with one of the nice Aerie wheel sets for around $2,700, removing about another 20 lbs, and now you're at a P/W of 7.59. If you want to go even further, the Eventuri intake (I'm guessing around $1k) will be a bit lighter, but the real benefit is it will probably increase the power by about 10 hp, so even if it's just 5 hp, combined with the Aerie exhaust that brings the power to say 420 hp so now we're at a P/W of 7.50.

So for about $8k, you'll have a very quick car with an improved exhaust sound, that handles like its on rails, with no engine mods whatsoever. No heat issues, no tuning issues, and it will be faster everywhere, not just in a straight line.

Don't want to be a math-jerk, but if your reducing weight, then P/W would go up.

What you're accurately capturing is lb/hp .. or W/P.
3200lb / 400 HP is 8. (Your baseline number)

Less weight is also great for wear and tear on components, tires and suspension particularly.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Don't want to be a math-jerk, but if your reducing weight, then P/W would go up.

What you're accurately capturing is lb/hp .. or W/P.
3200lb / 400 HP is 8. (Your baseline number)

Less weight is also great for wear and tear on components, tires and suspension particularly.
Lol well ya, I just used the common wording for it on the street. P/W wasn't meant to represent the equation, but rather a shortcut for writing it out. Although I've seen it spelled P2W, I should change to P to W then to be more accurate.

The car weight is actually 3232 lbs, which divided by 400 equals 8.08.

Yes, adding lightness is beneficial in many ways, not just speed.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I should have weighed my new Nitron shocks because the installers said they were noticeably lighter. I still have the oem ones so I’ll see if I can find the weight of the new ones.

Reducing weight is a great idea. I’d like to see some information on various LSDs as time goes on because this can reduce 0-60 and all acceleration. My last car had the performance option LSD and I replaced it for a Wavetrack unit which constantly gave 0.25 secs quicker 0-60. Doesn’t sound a lot but the benefit was a massive improvement pulling in a straight line.
The great thing about these cars is they look so good meaning the sky is the limit when modifying. You could spend £60k on a Ford Focus and it would go like stink but still won’t look like a supercar.