Who here think there will be a massive price hike especially In the US market

Krisjc21

Reaction score
After watching the Harry's garage update I'm pretty sure there will be a massive price hike especially in the US with the lotus price increase and top it off with US dealership own price gouging it will be end up being a 120k+ type of car . Car dealerships are savage if that becomes the case I'll just get something else that would truly be worth a 100+k at the end of the day it's a toyata V6 engine that's trapped in a beautiful sexy body 👁️👅 . What about you what's your opinions will you stay with lotus even if it's way over priced than what it was or what is the worth of the car ?

Last edited:
After watching the Harry's garage update I'm pretty sure there will be a massive price hike especially in the US with the lotus price increase and top it off with US dealership own price gouging it will be end up being a 120k+ type of car . Car dealerships are savage if that becomes the case I'll just get something else that would truly be worth a 100+k at the end of the day it's a toyata V6 engine that's trapped in a beautiful sexy 👁️👅 . What about you what's your opinions will you stay with lotus even if it's way over priced than what it was or what is the worth of the car ?
Nope I think a lot of people will say no to much over $100k for the car. It looks exotic but remember that Toyota engine.

Admittedly, I am 2.3rds way through a nice vin rouge but the $ strength is goof for Lotus isn't it?

They have US citizens paying $90k for an Emira which is now £90k.

I have tried to think about this and given up so am off to watch a movie. :D

Nope I think a lot of people will say no to much over $100k for the car. It looks exotic but remember that Toyota engine
Lol it's crazy times right now I even heard the new Nissan z that is priced for 55k is now selling for 86k to 100k after dealership gouging 😂 like why would you pay that after 1 year that Nissan z is worth 25 k

Admittedly, I am 2.3rds way through a nice vin rouge but the $ strength is goof for Lotus isn't it?

They have US citizens paying $90k for an Emira which is now £90k.

I have tried to think about this and given up so am off to watch a movie. :D
Haha I know it is frustrating when dealerships has so much power over the customers

I've said it before but if they raise their prices and Porsche hold theirs (or raise by less) then Lotus are in trouble either way unfortunately!
Porsche raised prices for 2023 builds by a notable chunk. Emira would be a better buy at FE prices for certain.

Porsche will not raise prices again most likely. They take a couple of years to do so.

also, the list to be on it to get any 718 series vehicle is beginning to grow long. People might never get an allocation due to transforming the 718 into a shit box EV flying turd in 2-3 years.

no one wants that. unless of course they have a high soy consumption.

Porsche raised prices for 2023 builds by a notable chunk. Emira would be a better buy at FE prices for certain.

Porsche will not raise prices again most likely. They take a couple of years to do so.

also, the list to be on it to get any 718 series vehicle is beginning to grow long. People might never get an allocation due to transforming the 718 into a shit box EV flying turd in 2-3 years.

no one wants that. unless of course they have a high soy consumption.
But in comparison a Porsche has the name and quality to back it up along with their name that's why they became a prominent name in the business and their cars holds their value especially the GT3,4 even the 718 and with lotus trying to build a reputation especially outside of UK not a lot of people even know lotus exists

Dealership greed will make or break this brand. And that will happen arbitrarily across the US. Sad for Lotus

Couldn't agree more. Lotus is appealing because it's not at the same price point at Porsche but can hold its own performance and "feeling special" wise.

Pricing it on par with Porsche is straight-up stupid. Because then people will just buy a Porsche.

When I got the 2020 M2 Comp back in 2019, I liked it BECAUSE it both cost less than an F80/82 M3/4, is objectively a better can than an M3/4, and is far rarer than an M3/4.

Just win-win all around.

If the M2 Comp cost the SAME as the M3/4 and then produced in the same numbers............then it's a nope for me. Because what's the point, there's zero differentiation/specialness to it.
Why is it "objectively" better than an M3/4?

After watching the Harry's garage update I'm pretty sure there will be a massive price hike especially in the US with the lotus price increase and top it off with US dealership own price gouging it will be end up being a 120k+ type of car . Car dealerships are savage if that becomes the case I'll just get something else that would truly be worth a 100+k at the end of the day it's a toyata V6 engine that's trapped in a beautiful sexy body 👁️👅 . What about you what's your opinions will you stay with lotus even if it's way over priced than what it was or what is the worth of the car ?

I am hoping it doesn't increase more than 10K. However I am not sure Lotus has enough presence for a lot of people to come and place an order for the car if it is 110K+ plus. GT350R, C8, etc. all are very well known with a huge fan base. I think the lead time will play a factor as well. Nothing will surprise me.

I’m the US the prices will NOT increase for 6-12 months. The exchange rate between the Dollar in Pound is in Lotus’s favor.. After that it depends on market conditions. Speculating and worrying about something that may or may not happen is stupid, and a waste of time…

Enjoy the time you have and your every day. Senseless speculation is just not productive. The goal is to enjoy you every day.
That’s my take… Going for a swim 🏊‍♂️

I’m the US the prices will NOT increase for 6-12 months. The exchange rate between the Dollar in Pound is in Lotus’s favor.. After that it depends on market conditions. Speculating and worrying about something that may or may not happen is stupid, and a waste of time…

Enjoy the time you have and your every day. Senseless speculation is just not productive. The goal is to enjoy you every day.
But you forget that many supplier contracts are settled in USD not pounds.

If my words can’t persuade you, this is what Mark Twain said,
“I am an old man And have no great many troubles, but must of them NEVER happens”

“ Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe”

PS I had a good swim watching the sunset, going to have Bacalao for dinner 😊😊

If my words can’t persuade you, this is what Mark Twain said,
“I am an old man And have no great many troubles, but must of them NEVER happens”

“ Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe”

PS I had a good swim watching the sunset, going to have Bacalao for dinner 😊😊
Can't go wrong with Mr. Clemens, love his wit..:)

You have a source for this info or is it a strong feeling?

You have a source for this info or is it a strong feeling?
Nope I think a lot of people will say no to much over $100k for the car. It looks exotic but remember that Toyota engine.
And some of us for much less, $5K is my ceiling. I’ll wait a year until half you guys fighting for pole position now sell your cars…😝

I'm reasonably confident that this isn't the case. Almost all of their suppliers are in the UK, EU, or China. It doesn't make sense for them to transact much of anything in USD on the supply side. The only thing that I can think of that is specifically US-sourced is the supercharger (Edelbrock).

But in comparison a Porsche has the name and quality to back it up along with their name that's why they became a prominent name in the business and their cars holds their value especially the GT3,4 even the 718 and with lotus trying to build a reputation especially outside of UK not a lot of people even know lotus exists
to the common man on the street maybe yes, but unfair to say people don't know who they are

to the common man on the street maybe yes, but unfair to say people don't know who they are
I actually am from California and works in the medical field with people middle class and upper class and when car conversation arises I'd mention lotus 1 out of 8 people know about it and only knew about it because from a video game . The rest asks is that a new car company ? But to be honest I have only seen 1 lotus Evora here in my area seen it once and never again

Back