'when will we know options/colors for non first edition?

Drevil

Reaction score
I contacted dealer he said they will be taking second deposit for the non first editions in Dec . Question is when will we know the
different offerings in color etc?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus said back in May that Base options and pricing would be published in September. An updated configurator was expected at the same time. With everything else going on at Lotus and worldwide that's bound to have slipped.

Unofficially I heard it was more likely to be Oct/Nov, which fits with the Dec timing for second deposit you've heard.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Second deposit isn’t a thing in the US, Lotus is not making anyone place a second deposit so it must be a dealership thing. If the dealer is making the request then make sure they have an allocation and your name is attached to an order. It sounds like Lotus plans of opening their order banks in December for post July production, they seem to run about 6 months out.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
A new configuration update would certainly be a useful distraction for those of us tapping our fingers waiting.

I wonder how long is the line behind me. You know how when you are waiting in a long line at airport security, it makes you feel just a bit better to see how many people have it even worse than you.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I contacted dealer he said they will be taking second deposit for the non first editions in Dec . Question is when will we know the
If BE build orders can begin in January 2023 and we go by the 60-day configure-your-car clock then
November 1 may be the approximate time for the Configurator going live. A Lotus Rep postulated by Dec. 1st
(during the Dallas test drives). As always, nothing official and we go by what we can surmise.

FYI: this whole 'patience is a virtue' thing is trying my patience. Plus, I'm tired of being so virtuous.

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
I assume by that time you’ll have been able to configure your car, get a final price and a projected delivery date?

alvitdk

Reaction score
Was told from Lotus customer service (for what it's worth anyway) this morning, the Base configurator will be live by end of October

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Going to be completely honest. I have no idea. Might have to give my dealer a call tomorrow.
remember, just expect good potential service when you call, not customer service. ;)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1664324572451.png

Thats what I got. Took names out because I prefer to be anon on this forum. And it was from the dealership, not lotus. FE Deposit in May 2021.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So this is what my dealer told me:

• FE was delayed (for reasons we already know). This cause da lot of grief for the past few months, for both customers and dealer.
  • Allocations are determined by how many orders a dealer reports. They're gussing they'll have 10 from the get-go, but he did not specify whether it's FE or Base.
  • My place in line has been moving steadily up, because:
    • People in line above me kept requesting refunds (to which they apparently do honor, despite the exact wording in the contract that explicitly states "non-refundable deposit") due to unprecedented delays.
    • People who had initial deposit for the Emira dropped out and don't want to wait ; they shifted their intiial deposit for the Emira to order something else in the dealership (They are also a Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, McLaren, and Koenigsegg dealer).
  • I'll most likely start my config and be issued an order number in early 2023 with delivery sometime later in 2023.
So I guess things are looking up, and I am a customer! Wow!
That all sounds like good news for you. I suspect a lot of flippers have been exiting their Emira positions, which is great for the people that actually want the car. When the base configurator comes live next month I think we will all be feeling a little more excited. Did your dealer shed any light on the new pricing?

OP
D

Drevil

Reaction score
I heard colors like Seneca Blue may have a several thousand dollar premium color charge in the non first edition cars, the base. Does anyone know if this is true?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Based on previous Lotus pricing that's very likely. For the Evora the solid colours were no charge (likely to be a new red and Hethel Yellow on Base Emira), and metallics/pearlescents were an extra £1,200.

Reaction score
  • My place in line has been moving steadily up, because:
    • People in line above me kept requesting refunds (to which they apparently do honor, despite the exact wording in the contract that explicitly states "non-refundable deposit") due to unprecedented delays.
Hmmm. My dealer told me that the deposit ($3,000 USD) was fully refundable up until you sign on the dotted line and complete the purchase.

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
I assume by that time you’ll have been able to configure your car, get a final price and a projected delivery date?
I spoke with them yesterday. I likely won’t be able to submit my order until February. Also asked about a demo but they’re not expecting to see one until March.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, Lotus don’t control it and it’s down to the dealers, particularly in the US. A few have said deposits are non refundable. A few won’t agree T&Cs to sell at MSRP with no markup. It pays to shop around.

EMIRADILEMMA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Posted today from @GatorMotorsport

7 additional paint colors confirmed:
• Solid Zinc Grey
• Atlantis Blue
• Meridian Blue
• Vivid Red
• Osmium Silver
• Aspen White
• Cosmos Black
All 6 launch colors will be available on the ‘Base’ cars as well.
I wonder when these will be available on the configurator