• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION What is the reported TARE Weight for the Emira for Road Tax purposes?

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am trying to understand the reported TARE weight of the car (Road Tax) and based on my initial registration form, there does appear to be a typo - which had pushed the car significantly into the next tax bracket.

Based on the Manual the unladen weight of the car = 1493 Kgs

As such I was looking at the difference between TARE weight and KERB Weight and came up with the following definition (at least here in Oz)

TARE Weight = Unladen Weight + 10 Litres of Fuel
KERB Weight - Unladen Weight + a full tank of Fuel

Given (at least care of Google) a Litre of petrol weigh approx 702gm this would equate to

TARE Weight = 1493 + 7.02 = 1500.02 Kg
KERB Weight = 1493 + 43.5 = 1536.50 Kg

The Road Tax has a listed TARE Weight of 1586 Kg which does not seem correct, but before escalating I'd like to get a feel for what is reported elsewhere (especially those in Oz).

Perhaps this is not a typo, if so it would make my light weight sports car upwards of 330Kg over the family station wagon and 300kg more than it's German predecessor :cool: