Verified Emira Weight

Elisesquared

Reaction score
I haven't seen any third party source weigh the Emira yet, and I know there was a lot of ambiguity about the true weight of the car, so found this interesting (go to 19:44 to see it on the scales):

On an empty tank, looks like the V6 manual Emira weighs just a hair over 3200 lbs.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven't seen any third party source weigh the Emira yet, and I know there was a lot of ambiguity about the true weight of the car, so found this interesting (go to 19:44 to see it on the scales):

On an empty tank, looks like the V6 manual Emira weighs just a hair over 3200 lbs.
I take it as a hair under 3,200 lbs, ~10 gallon of gas is 60 lbs, so I will go and brag ,less than 3,200 lbs😁

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, what a shame........
3248 lbs for the new Emira V6..........
Whereas the latest Evora's as the GT 410 Sport have a kerb weight of 2.863 lbs / dry weight of 2.773, lbs......
This is a difference of 385 lbs / 175 kg; equivalent 2,3 passengers........!!!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whereas the latest Evora's as the GT 410 Sport have a kerb weight of 2.863 lbs / dry weight of 2.773, lbs......
The Evora 400, which the Emira is closest to in configuration, had a curb weight of 3120 lbs. I don't think the Emira is doing badly considering the significant additional equipment.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

The Evora doesn’t have a nice interior, or even a decent interior imo. My wife would not have considered an Emira if it had an Evora interior… plain and simple.

This car is designed to have a broader appeal, and has been marketed that way. The VAST majority will not be tracking their cars or trying to win any weight competitions.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think 3200 lbs is fine, it compares similarly to GtS/GT4/Spyder so right in the middle……and it ceryainly feels lighter by a couple hundred lbs

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Evora 400, which the Emira is closest to in configuration, had a curb weight of 3120 lbs. I don't think the Emira is doing badly considering the significant additional equipment.
The significant additional equipment only amounts a minor part of the 385 lbs extra weight....(versus Evora GT 410 Sport)
If the weight of the Emira would not be important for the owners why is this aspect such a widely debated matter on the Lotus / Emira forums for a long time already....?

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The significant additional equipment only amounts a minor part of the 385 lbs extra weight....(versus Evora GT 410 Sport)
If the weight of the Emira would not be important for the owners why is this aspect such a widely debated matter on the Lotus / Emira forums for a long time already....?
You are also comparing EU cars that were never released in the US. All we got was the Evora 400 and Evora GT. Both of these cars were heavier than the 410 and 430 sport.

And you are right, people obsess over weight like they race for f1 or something. An extra few extra pounds is not gonna to make the car any less fun

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The car you're referring to had carbon bucket seats and a carbon louvered rear hatch. Those items alone would take almost 200 lbs out of the weight of an Emira.

I simply don't understand what you're wound up about. If you don't like the Emira, don't buy one. Nobody is forcing you. Problem solved.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The quoted weight of the Euro spec Evora Gt 410 Sport was more than a little misleading. Air con, a satnav/stereo, even sound deadening were extra cost 'options' , and of course no car left the factory without them. In addition every Evora Gt 410 Sport I have seen has the heavier Sparco seats which were also 'optional', the base weight was quoted with carbon buckets from the Evora Sport 410 version which preceded the GT 410 Sport.

The weight of the Emira seems pretty competitive to me, although I dearly wish there had been the option of carbon buckets rather than those 12-way electric boat anchors :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
People also forget, (especially the butt-hurt Evora types) that the Emira was designed to be a £59,999 car, and that was the MSRP (obviously it would cost Lotus less than that to make it). That was its design target and budget. The Evora was almost twice as expensive, without the nice interior or amenities the Emira has. The only reason the Emira First Edition costs what it does is because it's bundled with virtually all the options, but it was not designed to be a $100k car. If it had been designed to be a $100k car, it would have undoubtedly been lighter and more powerful.

Designing for and building carbon fiber parts is more expensive. If the Emira had been designed with carbon fiber body panels, rear hatch and seats, it would have been lighter like the Evora, but also a lot more expensive like the Evora. They wanted the Emira to appeal to a broader segment of the marketplace, and they nailed it. It was not designed for the Evora crowd, the traffic-light drag race crowd, the crowd that wants to "smoke" every other car on the road, or the guys whose self esteem is directly proportional to the amount of horsepower their car has. It's a true British Sports Car, not a "mine is bigger than yours" car.

For Lotus to achieve what they have with the Emira is actually quite an achievement for them, especially considering the incredible amount of disruption the covid debacle caused, in addition to the supply chain crisis and inflation. They went all-in just to make the Emira, but unfortunately at the expense of everything else; organization, communication, etc. Now if they can get it together in those other areas, they'll be the Lotus they need to be and we all want them to be.