What is the feature behind the door windows?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have been looking at all pics I can find and I can't figure out what this is behind the windows. Some pics even seem like there is a number there. Is it just part of the styling or something else? See arrow pointing to it below.

Quarter Panel Feature.png

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the enhanced pics.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the enhanced pics.
In the Stephenson version he placed small lotus badges there. I think it looked pretty good actually. Who knows what will be placed there after the FEs. Anyone want to posit a guess or propose something cool? Or maybe that indentation goes away with future iterations.

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe it will stay because I think I saw a picture that show that it is a cover for fasteners underneath. I'll see if I locate that picture.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect on non-FE cars it will just say “Emira”. There is a similar design detail on the Evora with the model name as part of the indicator side repeaters.

2C7E5E1F-4363-4FFB-9352-B14BF5482803.jpeg

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I suspect on non-FE cars it will just say “Emira”. There is a similar design detail on the Evora with the model name as part of the indicator side repeaters.

View attachment 306

It’s a badge - 1st edition for now…..

View attachment 305
I just realize is that the only model designation on the outside of the entire car? Is it common for Lotus to not badge their cars? I'd love for folks to wonder what this sexy beast is on the road and only seeing L-O-T-U-S at the rear ...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There is usually a model badge on the rear. We haven’t seen one on the pre-production cars so far, but I wouldn’t read too much into that. They may simply be waiting for the first production batch of badges to arrive, or they may have decided not to fit any to pre-prod cars.

It’s usually easy to de-badge and it may be an option when you order the car.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is usually a model badge on the rear. We haven’t seen one on the pre-production cars so far, but I wouldn’t read too much into that. They may simply be waiting for the first production batch of badges to arrive, or they may have decided not to fit any to pre-prod cars.

It’s usually easy to de-badge and it may be an option when you order the car.
If it were up to me, default would be debadge ;)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup.. A poorly aligned First Edition badge (it needs to slide towards the rear a bit). REALLY hoping they adjust that for the production models.

firstlotus

Reaction score
In the Stephenson version he placed small lotus badges there. I think it looked pretty good actually. Who knows what will be placed there after the FEs. Anyone want to posit a guess or propose something cool? Or maybe that indentation goes away with future iterations.
Lotus will have an 'R' Edition with the AMG Turbo 4, probably pushing upwards of 421+ hp in a later series... but without a manual transmission... not interested... I wish that they would create their own Flat Plane Crank V6 with a 10K Redline... THAT would be AMAZING ...1
If this is your LAST Petrol engine... make it a LOTUS engine and go out with a BANG with the worlds best combustion engine.... Colin would have wanted it that way ...!